Author Topic: How To Disable Screen Rotation in Whited00r 6?  (Read 4917 times)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: How To Disable Screen Rotation in Whited00r 6?
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2013, 03:26:02 AM »
Actually, it seems that the FAQ doesn't give information on how to install the old multitasking anymore, which is why I said what to do first :)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Installing Multitasking to get a Screen Rotation Switch in Whited00r 6?
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2013, 03:28:47 AM »
Actually, it seems that the FAQ doesn't give information on how to install the old multitasking anymore, which is why I said what to do first :)

Yes it does. Look for the Backgrounder & Multitasking? chapter.  ;)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Installing Multitasking to get a Screen Rotation Switch in Whited00r 6?
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2013, 03:33:53 AM »
Yes it does. Look for the Backgrounder & Multitasking? chapter.  ;)

Odd, maybe it was the computer I was on that was hiding the repo image :o  I just saw that whited00r didn't use it anymore o.o  anyway, all is right now in the world, and I still gave the correct instructions first by pointing to the FAQ, and then the steps for manually doing just the multitasking :)

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 03:45:23 AM »
Nice try.  ;)

Offline cuek80

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 03:48:11 AM »
there's a FAQ about multitasking and backgrounder:

Backgrounder & Multitasking?

Whited00r 6 does not have backgrounder installed anymore because we wanted more speed & more free RAM to run apps.

If you really want to enable Multitasking in Whited00r 6:

1- Using Terminal > setup, disable FastAppSwitching & VoiceControl (Sara a.k.a. Siri)
2- Search for Backgrounder in Cydia & install it. If Cydia ask you to Respring, don't do it! Just tap the Home button to close Cydia and in Whited00r 6 you can find a Respring switch in > Settings > General > and scroll to the bottom of the tab.
3- Optional: add our repo for Whited00r and Redd00r users in Cydia/Sources and install iOS 3 Multitasking from our Repod00r Repo.

4- Turn off the iPhone, wait a couple of seconds and turn back on.

5- Follow this tutorial to avoid the Settings app crashing as Backgrounder will install a buggy PreferenceLoader: [Solved] PreferenceLoader Update 2.2.0-1 & 2.2.1-1 causes Settings To Crash

But it doesnt say anything about rotation lock at all. on the next thread on the same topic though, you mention about SBSettings and Rotation Inhibitor, that I tried those exactly because of your thread, but have problem.

I know enabling MultiTasking will drain more battery, I'm giving it a try first. If it drain too much, then I'll uninstall it. If there's other less extreme alternative, I'm willing to try. Anyway, I usually only use 2-3 apps max at the same time. I usually only use ipod to listen to audiobooks and browse Wiki sometimes (rarely), so I hope it wont drain battery significantly?

Thanks

PierreP moderator note: fixed the Quote to include linked text & images.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 04:12:14 AM by PierreP »

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 04:20:16 AM »
...But it doesnt say anything about rotation lock at all...

No it does not because it is not a good reason to install Multitasking just for the Rotation Lock switch IMO.

I don't know why the SBSettings Rotation Inhibitor toggle does not work for you because it works for me on iPhone 3G running Whited00r 6. Maybe some other teaks you installed conflicts with it. You could uninstall it, reboot, install it and reboot again.

Maybe there are other Rotation Lock alternatives in Cydia, I don't know because I never had to search for one.

Offline cuek80

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 06:56:11 AM »
no, I'm not saying that it doesn't work. It just conflict with the quick control on lock screen (can't play/pause, only white dot appear when I tap the button). While for most people, it's a small thing, but I use the lock screen's quick control very often.
I admit though, I didnt give much effort to try to find out what cause the problem when I use SBSettings, I only try disabling all activation method, since I think that what caused the problem, and assume it's a bug.
At least with Darlo's MultiTasking, I get the quick control and rotation lock working :p

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 07:19:42 AM »
What ever makes you happy is the best for you because everything is relative.  ;)

Offline cuek80

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 08:28:30 AM »
Yap,  for now I can accept the multitasking as long as it doesnt make my ipod become much slower and significantly drain the battery. But who knows, maybe later when it actually does, I'll drop the shotgun and make a truce with the fly.

Anyway, for now, this method is the best solution for my needs. I do hope there's a better solution though, since the purpose for me using WD6 instead of original firmware are long-lasting battery (and I must say SIGNIFICANTLY BETTER!) and faster.

thanks ;)