Author Topic: [Solved] iPhone 3G Whited00r 6 Normal - Stuck Emergency Call Connect iTunes  (Read 6518 times)

Offline yssah

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Hello,
I need help. I had unlocked/jail broken my old iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 and was working fine with SIM card of another carrier than what was phone was locked to earlier.

Today I tried to upgrade iPhone using whited00r 6 Normal version. Once I connected to iTunes and the phone rebooted it has got stuck on emergency call saying insert correct SIM card unlocked.

I think I used wrong firmware and should have used instead whited00r 6 Unlocked. The iTunes does not accept to restore and says insert correct SIM with emergency call icon on phone.

Please advise what I should do to restore phone with SIM card I have and previously unlocked and working fine.

PierreP Moderator note: Edited thread title to add relevant keywords as described in Whited00r 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST! and fixed a few typos. 

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: iPhone 3G Whited00r 6 Normal Version update stuck on connect to iTunes
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 11:03:11 PM »
Welcome to the forums :)

The Whited00r normal version is only for factory unlocked iPhones, not unlocked via a hack (which is what I'm guessing you had).   What you need to do first is find out the baseband on your iPhone by using F0recast as described here:
WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!

Then, using that information, you can use the install tutorial accordingly :)
Whited00r 6 Install Wizard

Also, this would probably be a good thing to look at as it contains most of the commonly reported bugs/FAQs and answers/workarounds :)
Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING!

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Install iPhone 3G Whited00r 6 Unlock Version To FIX Stuck on Emergency Call
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 11:27:19 PM »
...I had unlocked/jail broken my old iPhone 3G iOS 4.2.1 and was working fine with SIM card of another carrier than what was phone was locked to earlier.

Today I tried to upgrade iPhone using whited00r 6 Normal version. Once I connected to iTunes and the phone rebooted it has got stuck on emergency call saying insert correct SIM card unlocked.

I think I used wrong firmware and should have used instead whited00r 6 Unlocked. The iTunes does not accept to restore and says insert correct SIM with emergency call icon on phone...

Welcome to the Whited00r forum! 8)

Yes, you installed the wrong Whited00r 6 version because your iPhone 3G was not Factory Unlocked or you did not have the original SIM that came with it when it was bought and that is why you are stuck on the Emergency Call only window because iTunes will not activate it. When you flash an iOS firmware you are overwriting all previous data including jailbreak & carrier unlock tweaks.

You need the Whited00r 6 for iPhone 3G Unlocked version which includes ultrasn0w that will unlock the iPhone 3G. Download it & decompress (unzip) to get the .ipsw file inside.

Turn off the iPhone & remove the SIM as it may throw a wrench in the works and it is not needed at this stage.

Connect the iPhone and with iTunes closed use iREB r6 for Windows to put the iPhone in PWNED DFU Mode before starting iTunes and use it to install WD.

Follow exactly the whited00r Tutorial - Installation including rebooting twice to settle the install (turn off the iPhone, wait 5 seconds then turn back on), then turn off the iPhone a third time & insert the SIM and Set up as New iPhone in iTunes. Important: when iTunes offers to update to iOS 4.2.1 do NOT do it otherwise you will overwrite the Whited00r installation you just did. :o

If you have a SIM with 3G data enabled, you can call your cellular provider to check if it is activated and ask them what is the correct APN data that you need to add to: > Settings > Network (or Cellular) > Cellular Data Network > Cellular Data > APN box.

Connect to the internet via WiFi or 3G Data and open Cydia & install all the updates in the Changes tab then reboot the iPhone (turn off the iPhone, wait 5 seconds then turn back on) and check again in Cydia if there are further Changes.

The best practice when seeing the "Restart SpringBoard" button bar in Cydia after downloading & installing an app or tweak that requires a Respring is to simply press the Home button to shutdown Cydia and reboot your device buy turning it off and back on again manually.

If you are a Whited00r 6 user, you can go to > Settings > General > scroll down to the bottom of the tab and tap Respring but I prefer to turn off the iPhone.

There is a bug currently in Cydia for devices running any iOS under 4 including Whited00r: it gets stuck in an infinite Respring loop with the wheel going on for ever until your battery dies.

If this happens to you and you get stuck in the Cydia Respring loop the solution is to do a Hard Reset: : hold both Home & Power buttons until the Apple logo appears and let go of the buttons.

A must read for all new Whited00r users is the sticky (it means an important thread pinned at the top of the forum list) Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING! with answers to many questions you might have and it includes info about how to enable or disable Whited00r features.

And thank you in advance for reporting back in this thread as it may help other users with a similar problem.  8)

This is not your case because you said that is was working on iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken & unlocked and Whited00r never changes the baseband (a.k.a. Modem Firmware) but some users with the wrong impossible to unlock basebands should read this: [Solved] iPhone 3G Free Unlock Baseband 05.15.04 05.14.02 - No Service Searching - Downgrade iPad 06.15.00 Modem Firmware - What to do if you have that Modem firmware (a.k.a. baseband) and want to install whited00r 6 Unlocked version to be able to use any SIM.

Now when an iPhone 3G is stuck in the Emergency call it is not possible to check the > Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware (baseband) - thank you Apple. :-\ A workaround is to use the free iTools (click on English) iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad file manager, connect the iPhone to the computer with iTunes closed and click the View details link to see the modem firmware and all the other essential info about the device.

iTools is also great to do this: [Tutorial] Backup Apps & Data BEFORE Upgrading iOS Firmware WD 6 3.1.3 4.1 4.2.1

Offline yssah

• View Profile
iPhone 3G Whited00r 6 Unlock Install Success - No WiFi Internet Problem
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 02:00:04 AM »
HELLO,
Many thanks. The installation worked fine and was able to set up as new iPhone in ITunes. There is a update in iTunes to 4.2.should I do it or not.
Also last step you advised to connect to Wi-Fi and launch cydia.I could not find cydia loaded on the phone at all. How do I do same. Also the wifi shows connected but cannot open safari, YouTube and says internet not connected.Can you troubleshoot and advise what is wrong. I rebooted phone exactly as per your instructions.
The sim card and phone is working fine.

Many thanks again.

Offline PierreP

• WD FAQ Maker
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Everything is Relative
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone 3G Whited00r 6 Unlock Install Success - No WiFi Internet Problem
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 02:19:19 AM »
HELLO,
Many thanks. The installation worked fine and was able to set up as new iPhone in ITunes. There is a update in iTunes to 4.2.should I do it or not.
Also last step you advised to connect to Wi-Fi and launch cydia.I could not find cydia loaded on the phone at all. How do I do same. Also the wifi shows connected but cannot open safari, YouTube and says internet not connected.Can you troubleshoot and advise what is wrong. I rebooted phone exactly as per your instructions.
The sim card and phone is working fine.

Many thanks again.

"The installation worked fine..." - Great! :)

"...There is a update in iTunes to 4.2.should I do it or not" - See post above. ;) Short answer: don't do it because you will overwrite Whited00r and it will install an impossible to unlock baseband 05.15.04 that comes with iOS 4.2.1!

"....I could not find cydia loaded on the phone at all" - See WD 6 FAQ linked in post above. ;)

"...Also the wifi shows connected but cannot open safari, YouTube and says internet not connected" - Do you mean that Safari says "Cannot open page Safari cannot open the page because it is not connected to the internet" or that you cannot even open it?

Sometimes I have to disconnect & reconnect my WiFi access point router because I cannot connect any device besides my computer to it.

Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi off and then on again.

Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you are connected. Then tap The right arrow button and Forget this Network. Try to connect to your desired Wi-Fi network again.

Apple Support article: iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Try also rebooting the iPhone.

Did you try connecting to the internet using 3G Data if it is enabled in your carrier plan?

Offline yssah

• View Profile
Re: [Solved] iPhone 3G Whited00r 6 Normal - Stuck Emergency Call Connect iTunes
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 08:31:49 PM »
Hi,
My wifi shows proper bars on phone.however when I open you tube,safari etc,it shows connecting and then message cannot connect to internet.I tried rebooting ,power off couple of times but still internet not working.
can you advise.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 08:36:48 PM »
Do any other devices work over the WiFi (not Ethernet connected devices)?

Offline yssah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 08:41:00 PM »
yes all other devices like ipod,ipad ,laptop are working fine on wireless network

I might reboot the router one time and see if it makes any difference .any other solutions.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Re: [Solved] iPhone 3G Whited00r 6 Normal - Wifi issues
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 10:12:46 PM »
Are you manually setting the IP address on the iPhone?  Once connected to the wifi, go to Settings -> Wifi and tap the little blue arrow next to the wifi connection.  Under the IP address field, see what the first 3 numbers are.  If it is 169, then it is an issue with you DHCP on your router, and the iPhone cannot get an IP address (although that seems odd that every other device can connect).

Also, sometimes depending on the sort of security of the router (WPA2 I think), you can enter any password, and it may seem like it is connected, but you actually entered the incorrect password but it wouldn't tell you. (has happened to me on 3.1.3 before, think it is fixed in higher firmwares though).

Offline yssah

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 10:36:55 PM »
ok thanks all.rebooting the router solved the problem and now the wifi and internet and all applications working fine for now.
great support in providing resolution and will advise any issues encountered with WD6 .
Cheers

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 01:15:39 AM »
ok thanks all.rebooting the router solved the problem and now the wifi and internet and all applications working fine for now.
great support in providing resolution and will advise any issues encountered with WD6 .
Cheers

Glad to hear it :)

Thank you for reporting back as well, always appreciated so we aren't left wondering what worked ;)

Offline resuner

• View Profile
Welcome to the Whited00r forum! 8)

Yes, you installed the wrong Whited00r 6 version because your iPhone 3G was not Factory Unlocked or you did not have the original SIM that came with it when it was bought and that is why you are stuck on the Emergency Call only window because iTunes will not activate it. When you flash an iOS firmware you are overwriting all previous data including jailbreak & carrier unlock tweaks.

You need the Whited00r 6 for iPhone 3G Unlocked version which includes ultrasn0w that will unlock the iPhone 3G. Download it & decompress (unzip) to get the .ipsw file inside.

Turn off the iPhone & remove the SIM as it may throw a wrench in the works and it is not needed at this stage.

Connect the iPhone and with iTunes closed use iREB r6 for Windows to put the iPhone in PWNED DFU Mode before starting iTunes and use it to install WD.

Follow exactly the whited00r Tutorial - Installation including rebooting twice to settle the install (turn off the iPhone, wait 5 seconds then turn back on), then turn off the iPhone a third time & insert the SIM and Set up as New iPhone in iTunes. Important: when iTunes offers to update to iOS 4.2.1 do NOT do it otherwise you will overwrite the Whited00r installation you just did. :o

If you have a SIM with 3G data enabled, you can call your cellular provider to check if it is activated and ask them what is the correct APN data that you need to add to: > Settings > Network (or Cellular) > Cellular Data Network > Cellular Data > APN box.

Connect to the internet via WiFi or 3G Data and open Cydia & install all the updates in the Changes tab then reboot the iPhone (turn off the iPhone, wait 5 seconds then turn back on) and check again in Cydia if there are further Changes.

The best practice when seeing the "Restart SpringBoard" button bar in Cydia after downloading & installing an app or tweak that requires a Respring is to simply press the Home button to shutdown Cydia and reboot your device buy turning it off and back on again manually.

If you are a Whited00r 6 user, you can go to > Settings > General > scroll down to the bottom of the tab and tap Respring but I prefer to turn off the iPhone.

There is a bug currently in Cydia for devices running any iOS under 4 including Whited00r: it gets stuck in an infinite Respring loop with the wheel going on for ever until your battery dies.

If this happens to you and you get stuck in the Cydia Respring loop the solution is to do a Hard Reset: : hold both Home & Power buttons until the Apple logo appears and let go of the buttons.

A must read for all new Whited00r users is the sticky (it means an important thread pinned at the top of the forum list) Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING! with answers to many questions you might have and it includes info about how to enable or disable Whited00r features.

And thank you in advance for reporting back in this thread as it may help other users with a similar problem.  8)

This is not your case because you said that is was working on iOS 4.2.1 jailbroken & unlocked and Whited00r never changes the baseband (a.k.a. Modem Firmware) but some users with the wrong impossible to unlock basebands should read this: [Solved] iPhone 3G Free Unlock Baseband 05.15.04 05.14.02 - No Service Searching - Downgrade iPad 06.15.00 Modem Firmware - What to do if you have that Modem firmware (a.k.a. baseband) and want to install whited00r 6 Unlocked version to be able to use any SIM.

Now when an iPhone 3G is stuck in the Emergency call it is not possible to check the > Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware (baseband) - thank you Apple. :-\ A workaround is to use the free iTools (click on English) iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad file manager, connect the iPhone to the computer with iTunes closed and click the View details link to see the modem firmware and all the other essential info about the device.

iTools is also great to do this: [Tutorial] Backup Apps & Data BEFORE Upgrading iOS Firmware WD 6 3.1.3 4.1 4.2.1

I know this thread was really old, but all the time i've searching about solution i found this thread and fixed my problem in about 40min. Thank you so much for this guide, it really help me alot.