Author Topic: [IDEA] Newsstand.app and Weather.app  (Read 3215 times)

Offline asvpxcortez

• #youthSquad
    • View Profile
    • My repository
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Windows
[IDEA] Newsstand.app and Weather.app
« on: October 22, 2013, 03:03:47 PM »
Hi there,

i am back with a new post, within some idea's for a comeback from very good tweaks from a few developers here.

So we let's start with the comeback from D00rStand. D00rStand is a pretty good tweak but it needs some extra coding and time to perfection. And we could also put in AppTimeMachine some magazines. Just the top 10 of the App Store. And we can put the recent issue as icon and if you tap on it, you go to the site from that magazine (because now you can see the mostly articles also on internet, and they have also a mobile version of it.) It is only an idea for newsstand.

Now i would like to talk about the Weather app. You guys are maybe already thinking about the animations. I would like to have it.. But it is too heavy. But it isn't to heavy to fill the black with rain if it is raining, or snow if it is snowing.. And we could change a little bit the codes from the Weather.app to make it more better. As i said again, it is only an idea for weather.

So here where the idea's for you guys. I will speak you guys later again when i have to tell something.. So.. Uhh.. Byee!  ;)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: [IDEA] Newsstand.app and Weather.app
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 04:09:52 PM »
Well thank you for those ideas :)

D00rstand is old and from when I was just starting to learn obj-c ;)  I probably shouldn't have released it even, it was that bad :(  Coding inside is horrible, and it is not very nice or dynamic :/  (as well as broken functionality wise...).  It could be redone, although I don't know if it is really worth it seeing as not many people even use newstand on iOS (well, I'm sure some do, just like some people use the stocks app ;) ).

Not sure about the weather, it would have to be hooked via a tweak to put in any animations (which as you said, is heavy).  It may have background images for different weather though, built in that can just be themed though, I'm not sure :o

Offline AnimateDread

• SuperHero Member
  • Learning developer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 05:27:55 PM »
wd7 will be better than that :3

And anyways, in iOS 7, newssand is an app, and not a folder anymore.
Soutient en Francais ici

Offline tartilc

• SuperHero Member
  • The Only Member That <3s Potatoes ;D
    • View Profile
    • TC Trapper
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 05:16:38 AM »
I was thinking about coding an iOS 7 like Newsstand app. I actually am one of the few people that happily used Brian's D00rstand (I put shortcuts to Apples RSS reader pointing to a bunch of sites I frequent, like Gizmodo and XKCD) and it worked pretty much perfect (Brian keeps saying he coded it bad; that's definitely not true lol, it did have bugs, but hey, it worked, and it was his first try too!). I kind of wanted to build something like that, but iOS 7 style. Unfortunately, every hackintosh I touch breaks when I install Xcode on them :( I'm just unlucky and Apple products hate me :'( (I hate Apple for a lot of things though.. like planned obsolescence)

Sorry for the rant, I'm a bit hyper right now... (too much coffee and sugar today :P)
404 Signature Fail :(

Offline S4D0R

• Detrás de cada "no sé" se esconde un poco de algo.
    • View Profile
    • My facebook profile :P
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 10:11:19 PM »
That is true but it could be easier to make it as an app as it is on the actual ios 7 because it doesn't use any mobile substrate anymore ( think so )...
ERROR 404 - not found :P

Offline tartilc

• SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
    • TC Trapper
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 01:18:22 AM »
That is true but it could be easier to make it as an app as it is on the actual ios 7 because it doesn't use any mobile substrate anymore ( think so )...
Yeah, we can make it look 100% exactly like the real thing, but the problem with your idea, is that we can't use Apple's newsstand apps, that's a whole different thing lol
I guess we could sort of host our own "magazines" in a separate app or something :P. They could be deb files that extract rss feeds of popular news sites into a Newsstand app. Or maybe just a live page, that updates in real time whenever you open the page with Newsstand. Sort of like how help sections of many apps work.

Offline S4D0R

• Detrás de cada "no sé" se esconde un poco de algo.
    • View Profile
    • My facebook profile :P
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2013, 05:25:34 AM »
You are right but that's not what i meant...
My idea is to make an app and have like page to shortcuts to saved HTML web sites from the app with the ios 7 look like!
ERROR 404 - not found :P

Offline tartilc

• SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
    • TC Trapper
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 12:13:55 AM »
You are right but that's not what i meant...
My idea is to make an app and have like page to shortcuts to saved HTML web sites from the app with the ios 7 look like!
That's essentially what I was saying as well :) Only different thing is that I wanted that to be an RSS reader. I've actually started work on this already ;D

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 08:39:45 PM »
wd7 will be better than that :3

And anyways, in iOS 7, newssand is an app, and not a folder anymore.
*cough**cough* so suttle ;)
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)