Author Topic: PLEASE read before posting here!!  (Read 1426 times)

Offline JustinCase

• An Agent of the System...
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Here since WD 3.x
    • View Profile
    • Whited00rDev
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
PLEASE read before posting here!!
« on: November 09, 2013, 03:37:08 PM »
First of all if this is your first time visiting our forums let me say, Welcome to Whited00r!

Included in this article is an FAQ and disclaimer that you should carefully consider.

Now, down to business! If you just installed Whited00r and are experiencing problems with our firmware, please try to isolate the issue. If your device works as advertised running stock 3.1.3 or whatever stock Apple firmware you use, then you are not experiencing a hardware issue, rather a Jailbreak or Unlock issue. Those issues should reported here.

** Now for the Disclaimer: Hardware issues are exactly what they sound like, problems with your hardware. This means that we [whited00r team support] cannot immediately resolve the issue over the internet. We can, however help you isolate the issue. **

FAQ

What exactly is a Hardware Issue?
[spoiler]Hardware refers to objects that you can actually touch, like disks, disk drives, display screens, keyboards, printers, boards, and chips. A Hardware Issue is a malfunction within the electronic circuits or electromechanical components (disks, tapes) of a computer system.[/spoiler]

Why am I experiencing these issues??
[spoiler]There comes a time in every iDevice's life where it simply decides it no longer wishes to work properly. :( These reasons range from old age to lint getting inside the circuits. Nothing lasts forever, especially apple products xD[/spoiler]

How can I solve my hardware issue??
[spoiler]Well this really depends on what your issue is. Sometimes all you have to do is purchase a replacement part i.e. a new screen, or look up a home iPhone/iPod repair video. There are several tutorials on YouTube. However, some things simply cannot be fixed on your own. It may become necessary to simply buy a new iDevice or upgrade to a newer model.[/spoiler]

Can you point me in the right direction as to where I should look for fixing my Hardware Issue?
[spoiler]Here is a very helpful YouTube channel that offers detailed explanations on how to fix hardware issues and where to purchase replacement parts.
http://www.youtube.com/user/iPhoneRepairMia?feature=watch

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZF9noPiiw4
[/spoiler]

My iDevice is bricked!! Is this a hardware issue?
[spoiler]No this is not a hardware issue. If your iDevice is bricked, it is most likely because you installed something incompatible or deleted something very important. It is, however, very difficult to brick an iDevice so I suggest you keep looking for a solution to your problem.[/spoiler]

I am having troubles with the whited00r firmware!
[spoiler]Then please post in the Troubleshooting - iPhone & iPod Touch 1G/2G/3G, Unlock & Jailbreak Problems & Issues board, as that likely isn't a hardware issue ;)[/spoiler]

1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604 error! Help please!
[spoiler]Not the board for that either. Use the search tool first though, please. Really. Use it. People ask that all the time and could save themselves so much time by just searching rather than asking and waiting for the same old response from us ;) There are tutorials about it too, and other things on the main site. If you do have that sort of issue, and think you have followed all that you should, please post in the Troubleshooting - iPhone & iPod Touch 1G/2G/3G, Unlock & Jailbreak Problems & Issues board and give us information firsthand so we can help you quicker :) [/spoiler]

If your still reading then let me thank you for your patience! If you believe you are still experiencing a Hardware Issue then please create a thread and post your issue.

Mods, Admins, feel free to modify this post as you see fit.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 11:48:59 AM by iTechy21 »
I get on every now and then to check up
Go ahead and download Whited00r 8 BETA if you haven't yet: http://goo.gl/AFZIUT <------