Author Topic: H2O Wireless  (Read 3718 times)

Offline theguitar

• Moderator-Beta Tester
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
H2O Wireless
« on: November 20, 2013, 01:25:29 AM »
Hi Everyone!

I have a used iPhone 2g and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with H2O Wireless. I'm looking for a good pay as you go carrier, and people have reported that H2O Wireless works with the iPhone 2G even though is is not officially mentioned. I don't think I will need an unlock, because people say it is usually recognized on a locked phone. My iPhone is actually being unlocked by iTunes automatically for some reason. I have heard data is not very good at all with H2O Wireless, but that is OK I will not be using data much.

Does anyone have any experience with H2O Wireless? Thanks in advance!
Windows 8~~OSX 10.10 Yosemite~~Ubuntu 13.04
iPhone 5~~iPhone 4~~iPhone 3gs~~iPhone 2G
iPod Touch 5G~~iPod Touch 3G~iPod Touch 2G(MB,MC)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: H2O Wireless
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 03:21:56 AM »
I personally don't have experience with it, but if it's a SIM card, and not a newer fancy one (some SIM cards don't work in older phones for some reason as has been found out here, but that's over in the UK from what I remember).   I am fine using my SIM card in my 2G and my 3G and all the features work. (Data, texing, calling).  It's not an older SIM either, I bought it earlier this year. (Or late last year, I don't remember).

That being said, I don't know about those plans. What exactly do you need?  Unlimited calling text and MMS, or unlimited data, texting and MMS?   The plan I use is slightly hard to find, but works best for me (and maybe you!).

It has truly unlimited data (not the type where they cap you off or you get in trouble if you use over 1gb a month or whatever.), up to 5gb at 4G speed (which doesn't matter to you) per month, and then after that down to 3G.
Also unlimited texting/MMS (good for me too).
Only 100 minutes of calling a month though :(   (but I use it mainly on newer devices that can call via google voice apps, which the 2G can't :( ).  That being said, if you don't call much, this is probably better ;)
For $30 a month, it may be better than their plans depending on what you use :)

T-Mobile prepaid plans

It's down at the bottom. It says you can only get it from walmart with a prepaid phone, or with a SIM purchased online. I skipped both, and went to the store to ask for an activation kit because I didn't want to wait for shipping :P I then chose that unlimited plan for $30 a month :)

Might not have good coverage where you are though, but the service has been brilliant for me. 

Anyway, thus enduth my probably not helpful post ;)

Offline theguitar

• Moderator-Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 03:32:47 AM »
Thanks for the response! The only thing about your plan is it is kind of a monthly thing and a little expensive for me. From what I have read the h2o wireless is a pretty sweet deal. You can top up with deposits of like 10 and 25 dollars and stuff. Hope it works!

Do you know if the unlock thing that my iPhone is doing automatically with iTunes will actually work as a unlock for a sim? If not I guess I can use WD unlocked. I'm not even sure if I need an unlock for this.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 04:46:02 AM »
Thanks for the response! The only thing about your plan is it is kind of a monthly thing and a little expensive for me. From what I have read the h2o wireless is a pretty sweet deal. You can top up with deposits of like 10 and 25 dollars and stuff. Hope it works!

Do you know if the unlock thing that my iPhone is doing automatically with iTunes will actually work as a unlock for a sim? If not I guess I can use WD unlocked. I'm not even sure if I need an unlock for this.

I think most plans are monthly.  From what I was seeing the H2O was monthly too, except at more expensive prices if you use data or other services more. Yes, it could be better if you have very very good management of those things though, but with unlimited you never have to worry ;)  (The unlimited plan of theirs at least didn't look as good).

Yeah it seems to work as an actual unlock. I'm not sure why it did, but my iPhone 2G did that as well. :o

Offline theguitar

• Moderator-Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 04:58:17 AM »
I was looking at these plans. You can top up every month online or get a card from best buy or something.

https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/pageControl.php?page=planMin

Basic top up text and talk. It's actually a pretty good deal for me I'm going to be really happy if everything works.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 05:24:15 AM »
Hoping you don't do much of anything then ;)   Those things can quickly get used up :(  Anyway, it's what suites you best! Data suited mine (internet radio 24/7 even when out :P ), small communication would be yours it seems :)

Offline theguitar

• Moderator-Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 12:42:37 PM »
Haha True. I will still mainly use Text Free and iMessage for sending a ton of texts and stuff on my iPod. It will be nice to have the other texts though without wifi.

Offline theguitar

• Moderator-Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 11:44:24 PM »
Hello,

I just want to tell everyone that I got H2O Wireless working great on the iPhone 2G. Maybe this will help someone someday.  :P

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 03:33:18 AM »
Hello,

I just want to tell everyone that I got H2O Wireless working great on the iPhone 2G. Maybe this will help someone someday.  :P

Good to hear :) Didn't really think it wouldn't work, but there have been rare cases as I said with the SIM card issues.