Author Topic: How do I access the Original App Store - Now that App Market has been removed?  (Read 2083 times)

Offline gatsu118

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Windows
Hi,

Please excuse me if this a stupid question, I have only just bought an iPhone 3G.

I have successfully installed Whited00r, I did not have any issues doing this.

When first reading the features of whited00r, I saw that the App Market provided access to the official AppStore, Cydia and AppTimeMachine.

After I had installed Whited00r I didn't understand why I could't find the App Market, that was until I read the whited00r 7.1 change log and saw that the App Market has been removed. I can still find Cydia and AppTimeMachine, but I don't know how to access the official store and pay for apps.

I know this is a very simple question, but I would very much appreciate any help.

Many Thanks
Gatsu118

Offline MrFJ

• View Profile
Try make a wrong search on ATM and see what appears

Offline gatsu118

• View Profile
Hi MrFJ,

Thank you very much for your reply. I did what you said and I've managed to get into the app store.

I assume there is no option for a direct button on the home screen?

In any case, thanks!

Gatsu118

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Welcome to the forums :)

You are right on thinking there is no direct button to the App Store, as it is pretty much useless in 3.1.3 (or even 4.2.1), so we hid it to try and keep the look of the device cleaner overall, and just direct everyone to the App Time Machine by default.

You also seem to have found the method to get to the App Store, by searching for something that isn't in the App Time Machine. (Just some random text would work, like "gfdls" ;) ).