Author Topic: Whited00r 7 .ipsw firmware file is not compatible  (Read 15002 times)

Offline akhil268

• Jr. Team Member
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Whited00r 7 .ipsw firmware file is not compatible
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2013, 07:40:28 AM »
There is no BIGGER problems than unable to Install IMPORTANT apps like .. INSTAGRAM, VIBER, LINE, TWITTER, KIK, WHATSAPP

looooool

Thanks
You can install twitter,viber from app time machine and sync with itunes and for whatsaoo and instagram it is not our fault,it is they who stopped supporting apps to older iphone and minimum os required for whatsapp is 4.3,and wd7 is based on ios 3.1.3
[email protected] whitedoor hindi forum,working with (iha),doing Engineering
[email protected]

Offline nicetime2u

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2013, 07:49:15 AM »
what if we download AppSync from Cidya source ??? 

AppSync 4+

do you have any idea ?

Offline akhil268

• Jr. Team Member
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2013, 07:58:14 AM »
what if we download AppSync from Cidya source ??? 

AppSync 4+

do you have any idea ?
which model are you using?
[email protected]

Offline nicetime2u

• View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2013, 08:01:29 AM »
i am on iPhone 3G now

but while i am searching i have found some source you can set it to Cydia and setup AppSync 4+ to install apps that higher of 4+ i guess

Offline akhil268

• Jr. Team Member
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 08:05:16 AM »
i am on iPhone 3G now

but while i am searching i have found some source you can set it to Cydia and setup AppSync 4+ to install apps that higher of 4+ i guess
Appsync is used to install cracked apps u cannot install apps which required higher ios version
[email protected]

Offline danish319

• View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 09:49:19 AM »
Hey guys I just restored iPod touch 2G 32GB(MC model) to 5.1.1 ofw

Downloaded ---- Whited00r7-DP1-iPodTouch2G-MC

Ran iReb put the device into dfu state

When I click Shift + Restore n select the .ipsw file...I get an error "The iPod couldnt be restored because the firmware file is not compatible"

Tried the step mentioned in the article bt its nt working...plz help!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 11:09:46 AM by danish319 »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2013, 02:37:38 PM »
Hey guys I just restored iPod touch 2G 32GB(MC model) to 5.1.1 ofw

Downloaded ---- Whited00r7-DP1-iPodTouch2G-MC

Ran iReb put the device into dfu state

When I click Shift + Restore n select the .ipsw file...I get an error "The iPod couldnt be restored because the firmware file is not compatible"

Tried the step mentioned in the article bt its nt working...plz help!

Welcome to the forums :)

iReb isn't part of the instructions by the way...  Use the redsn0w that was bundled with the .zip you downloaded.  You did unzip the download right, and point iTunes to the unzipped .ipsw?

Offline fabiomcz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2013, 05:04:49 PM »
Hi, I have the same problem as the expensive nicetime2u I already had installed WD6, but still put the old 3.1.3 official for disengage, but could not intalar the WD7 for accusing this same error: firmware is not compatible with your device I followed the steps exactly as the tutorial says. Now I'm with the WD6 installed, need help to solve this problem.
Note: Also tried installing the tutorial for those who already have the WD6 and still not avail.

Thank you for your attention.

Offline mindingulove

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2013, 06:41:38 PM »
But u can install instagram man
i did it with success, just use redsnow and put in dfu

Offline mindingulove

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2013, 06:44:59 PM »
Actually no that it started its kinda buggy, guess i did smth wrong
settings keep crashing
a restart fixed
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 06:52:13 PM by mindingulove »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2013, 07:40:20 PM »
Hi, I have the same problem as the expensive nicetime2u I already had installed WD6, but still put the old 3.1.3 official for disengage, but could not intalar the WD7 for accusing this same error: firmware is not compatible with your device I followed the steps exactly as the tutorial says. Now I'm with the WD6 installed, need help to solve this problem.
Note: Also tried installing the tutorial for those who already have the WD6 and still not avail.

Thank you for your attention.

Have you unzipped the download you received?  It wasn't a .ipsw, it was a .zip that contained a .ipsw and the correct version of redsn0w to follow the instructions.

But u can install instagram man
i did it with success, just use redsnow and put in dfu

No. Apps that don't work on 3.1.3 still won't work, ever. :(

Actually no that it started its kinda buggy, guess i did smth wrong
settings keep crashing
a restart fixed

Yes, you do have to reboot the device after installing it and letting it sit for about 5 minutes just to be safe :)

Offline phil817

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2014, 11:29:25 PM »
I am having this problem too! I go to iTunes and it says that the firmware is not compatible. I have an iPhone 3GS. The modem Firmware is 05.18.08. PLEASE HELP!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2014, 12:39:01 AM »
I am having this problem too! I go to iTunes and it says that the firmware is not compatible. I have an iPhone 3GS. The modem Firmware is 05.18.08. PLEASE HELP!

Welcome to the forums :)

Whited00r does not support the iPhone 3GS sadly, as there is no download for it on the main site ;)
The reason why is explained in the Whited00r 7.1 FAQ/Bugs and Troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING

Whited00r device support and future plans
Sorry if below sounds harsh, but it's the truth of how things are. Sometimes only bluntly saying things gets it through and makes people understand the full picture ;)

Will whited00r support any new devices like the iPad 1G, iPod touch 3G/4G, or the iPhone 3GS?
No. It won't. If there ever are any other things for those devices, it would be under another project name.

Why doesn't whited00r support those devices, or different iOS versions?
Too much work to develop for more and more devices.

It's not that much work to make it work for iOS 6 or the other devices! Lazy! >:(

No, we aren't lazy. Whited00r 7 took 6+ months of development, reverse engineering and testing/designing to get working.
It's not as easy as just modifying some things and suddenly it works. We want to do quality work, and even if we didn't it would still face the following problems:
  • New API - Yes, we may have new API to work with, it also means the old code could become inefficient, or not work as designed originally
  • New Classes - New classes means things that we used before could be obsolete, or not even exist anymore.
  • Changes to existing Classes - This means things we have currently hooked or use, and spent ages figuring out, no longer behave as expected, exist, or even do the same things, or else aren't the quickest or best, or the cleanest way to do it anymore.
So, if we were to do it for newer firmwares, we would have to recode everything again and again and reverse engineer for each iOS version. On each new iOS, there will be any number of unpredictable challenges or roadblocks, meaning it could take even longer than whited00r 7 did. That's for each iOS we add support for.

The issues above are a big thing, but also, there is the problem of time. Whited00r is done for free, only for these older devices because it's not a whole set of new devices (thus requiring all the same work all over again).   We do this in our free time, but the developing team are all adults and need to make a living. Pouring all our free time (and even not the free time) into this sort of thing, to get nothing anywhere near what would be logical in return is stupid on our part.   We can't logically keep giving away everything for free if we were to support new devices. (even doing it for whited00r is kind of silly, but we do it for you. ).  No, lite versions of things wouldn't work either. You can't get anything reasonable with a lite version of this sort of thing and still have the incentive to upgrade to the full version and make the right sort of revenue to make this smart for us to keep doing.

As is, we keep supporting 3.1.3 only, and only on the current set of devices :)  Maybe, maybe at some point in the future we will start other projects, if we figure out a good balance.  Not saying we won't ever do that, but not soon that I know of. It took us that long without needing to constantly troubleshoot super-active forums (which they are now seeing we just released an update).  We also need a rest ;) (only human after all, for most of us)