Author Topic: iOS 7 System sounds  (Read 7979 times)

Offline momircar11

• SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
iOS 7 System sounds
« on: December 30, 2013, 12:08:26 PM »
Hey, can someone put new UI sounds, I know that they're "echoing" which is a cool effect... I want to put them on my phone :D
iPhone 3G (8GB) - WD 6.0

Offline Andy

• A Mod. I think.
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r 7
    • View Profile
    • Whited00r
  • My Computer: Mac
Re: iOS 7 System sounds
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 12:14:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure the team has put in the new ringtones.
The new text tones cannot be put in as the system can only handle 4 text tones (Systematically when editing) and it takes a long time to even change one. We wouldn't even know which one to put in because of the limit + the amount of new ones there is existing in iOS7.
Oh yes. Hi.
I see you've noticed this Signature. Well, all I can tell you is that there's nothing to see here.
Yes, there is nothing interesting here. Just keep scrolling and we'll pretend nothing happened.

Offline momircar11

• SuperHero Member
  • Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 04:33:29 PM »
No, not ringtones. I mean system sounds. Like lock, unlock etc..
iPhone 3G (8GB) - WD 6.0

Offline FreezIn

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 06:54:27 PM »
No, not ringtones. I mean system sounds. Like lock, unlock etc..

I do not think you can change that.
Android devices:Samsung Galaxy S4(RIP) Overheating killed it. HTC One: Sold to a friend recently for 400$. Google Nexus 10 tablet 32 GB Rooted:Currently have.
iOS Devices: iPod Touch 1G: Running whited00r 7.1. iPod Touch 4G- Jailbroken running on iOS 6.1.3 (Was a lost device) iPhone 5S- Running on iOS 7.1.
Whited00r or Android? = BOTH!

Offline tartilc

• SuperHero Member
  • The Only Member That <3s Potatoes ;D
    • View Profile
    • TC Trapper
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 07:23:14 AM »
Yes you can :) The files are located in System/Library/Audio/UISounds but the problem is finding the iOS 7 ones (most have the same filenames). I tried looking but couldn't find them yet. I suppose now that iOS 7 has been jailbroken, someone with a jailbroken device might be able to help?

If anyone on this forum has a jailbroken iOS 7 device, could you please extract the UISounds (located in System/Library/Audio/UISounds for you guys too) and post them here? Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 07:25:25 AM by tartilc »
404 Signature Fail :(

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 02:16:09 PM »
Yes you can :) The files are located in System/Library/Audio/UISounds but the problem is finding the iOS 7 ones (most have the same filenames). I tried looking but couldn't find them yet. I suppose now that iOS 7 has been jailbroken, someone with a jailbroken device might be able to help?

If anyone on this forum has a jailbroken iOS 7 device, could you please extract the UISounds (located in System/Library/Audio/UISounds for you guys too) and post them here? Thanks in advance!
I would help but the iPad 2 is having an issue with jailbreaking at this moment :-\
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline tartilc

• SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
    • TC Trapper
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 07:43:52 PM »
Actually, no need to anymore. I've got them now, go check out my topic in Amateur Developers (WD7 Experience Mod)! I've incorporated the lock sound into the latest version :)

Offline FreezIn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 10:25:01 PM »

Oh really? I didn't know that. Because i thought that when i changed it on stock 3.1.3 it didnt work for some reason  :(
Android devices:Samsung Galaxy S4(RIP) Overheating killed it. HTC One: Sold to a friend recently for 400$. Google Nexus 10 tablet 32 GB Rooted:Currently have.
iOS Devices: iPod Touch 1G: Running whited00r 7.1. iPod Touch 4G- Jailbroken running on iOS 6.1.3 (Was a lost device) iPhone 5S- Running on iOS 7.1.

Offline tartilc

• SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
    • TC Trapper
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 10:33:50 PM »
Oh really? I didn't know that. Because i thought that when i changed it on stock 3.1.3 it didnt work for some reason  :(
You need to change lock.caf as well as sq_lock.caf for some reason (idk why). Did you do that?

Offline FreezIn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 10:57:41 PM »
yep i did (just tried it now) but the stupid click sound when i lock/unlock the device is still there. Is the iPod Touch 1G able to have custom UI Sounds through the speaker?

Offline tartilc

• SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
    • TC Trapper
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 11:17:10 PM »
yep i did (just tried it now) but the stupid click sound when i lock/unlock the device is still there. Is the iPod Touch 1G able to have custom UI Sounds through the speaker?
OH! Oops I didn't notice that you were on an iPod Touch 1G. The iPod Touch 1G is unfortunately incapable of producing complex sounds through it's speaker due to it only having a Piezo speaker (which is pretty much a piece of metal that is bent to make sound). BUT! If you plug in headphones and then lock it, I think you should be able to hear the new lock sound ;)

Offline FreezIn

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 12:35:49 AM »
[/quote]

For some reason evasion 7 isn't detecting my iPhone even though it is recognized by my computer and iTunes.

OH! Oops I didn't notice that you were on an iPod Touch 1G. The iPod Touch 1G is unfortunately incapable of producing complex sounds through it's speaker due to it only having a Piezo speaker (which is pretty much a piece of metal that is bent to make sound). BUT! If you plug in headphones and then lock it, I think you should be able to hear the new lock sound ;)

Oh. Thats why it didnt work. Like you said when i plug into the headphones i hear it, but when i plugged in a speaker i hear the lock sound BUT it was too low the volume. I tried turning it all the way up but dont work. But this isnt much a problem since i only use my speaker for music only.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 12:42:56 AM by FreezIn »

Offline FreezIn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 03:29:47 AM »
Also,I have 1 more problem. When I plug in headphones the volume is also very low.