Author Topic: Iphone 3g Upgrade to 4.2.1 with baseband 6.15 trouble - iTunes error 1600  (Read 3074 times)

Offline gsmfun

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Hello. I tried everything  to upgrade my iphone 3g with 3.1.3 firmware to 4.2.1. Must to upgrade because next step is downgrade baseband and install Whited00r mode  :D

I tried with redsnow, snowbreeze  get custom firmware next to pwned mode and itunes gets error 1600 everytime.
Or maybe i do not have to upgrade to 4.2.1 to install Whited00r.
Someone got the same problem and solved it ?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 09:22:05 PM by Bruan »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Welcome to the forums :)

The custom firmware you are talking about is the iOS 4.2.1 with the iPad (06.15.00) baseband, and not the DFU IPSW that redsn0w can make to help get you into DFU mode (not PWNED DFU! You have to do that after you are in DFU mode, even with the DFU IPSW).

If so, what version of redsn0w are you using?

What is your device's current baseband?  You can check that in Settings -> General -> About -> Modem Firmware, although only when the device is on a firmware and running...  If possible, you could restore to 3.1.3 to check (as if you go to iOS 4, you will need to downgrade the baseband again anyway if you need the unlocked version).

Or, just skip that and downgrade the baseband anyway by restoring to the custom 4.2.1 ipsw that has the 06.15.00 baseband.  (then downgrade it again ;) )

Offline gsmfun

• View Profile
My device is iphone 3g baseband 06.15 actually firmware 3.1.3 jailbreaked with cydia. Redsnow 09.14b2 so i should upgrade to 4.2.1 ios to get whited00r mode ? but how on this baseband

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
You must make a custom 4.2.1 .ipsw with sn0wbreeze, and make sure you use the 06.15.00 baseband in it.  That's the only way you can restore to iOS 4.2.1.  Once it is made, then enter PWNED DFU mode with redsn0w, and restore to the custom .ipsw you just created with sn0wbreeze.

That should avoid any errors on restore/install.  After that you can continue the baseband downgrade tutorial, back to something useable. After the baseband is to 05.13.04 (if it is blank, you have to restore to stock 3.1.3 first), you use redsn0w to enter PWNED DFU mode again, and then restore to whited00r :)

Offline gsmfun

• View Profile
Ok. Got it ! I had to restore 3.1.3 and now my baseband is 05.12.01 and  Whited00r in progress  :-X
 :D :D :D :D
So leave alone this baseband on 05.12.01 or upgrade to better ?
Iphone must work perfectly !  >:(
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:24:05 PM by gsmfun »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Anything lower than 05.13.04 works wonderfully with the unlocker version of whited00r :)  (seeing whited00r is running 3.1.3 anyway, you just have the official 3.1.3 baseband).

You may need to enter PWNED DFU mode to restore to whited00r, but if all goes well don't worry :)

Offline gsmfun

• View Profile
Done Thanks a lot for fast support  ;) !
Everything works ok but sometimes springboard gets crashed  :'(
In Cydia top up text like "Running" "Updating sources" are white on white background that is ok or there's any bug ?

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Done Thanks a lot for fast support  ;) !
Everything works ok but sometimes springboard gets crashed  :'(
In Cydia top up text like "Running" "Updating sources" are white on white background that is ok or there's any bug ?

Happy to help :)

Depending what you are doing, and what you have configured feature wise, the springboard will crash occasionally, but we are ironing out bugs a lot (this release is much more stable than the WD7 release).

The text issue in Cydia is explained in the Whited00r 7.1 FAQ/Bugs and Troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING under "Graphical Bugs" ;)

Text is white on a white background in Cydia/iFile/Other apps
This is a known bug, and has to be this way. Apps that run as root (Cydia and iFile) cannot be modified with a tweak without having the source code to them and then loading in the substrate loader manually. (as far as I know from the documentation).  Also, Cydia disables tweaks from hooking into it anyway.  Now, you may be thinking "Well why don't you just change the background color of the bars so it looks good?". There is a very good reason for that. Cydia and other apps use the system resources for images, which are also used by many, many other apps. Changing Cydia and other apps that run as root to look good would break the actual iOS 7 style theming for all the other apps. (ATM apps, App Store Apps, native apps).  So, we did what we could, but really, it will always be unable to be fixed to look good everywhere. We minimized the bad looks as much as we could though, and spent quite a bit of time looking for workarounds/solutions where both root apps and mobile apps worked well together, but ultimately came up with what you have now.  Also, some apps don't use the system methods to make nav bars (titles, back buttons), or button bars at the bottom, so the text color can't be changed for those as it would require individually hooking each app (and reverse engineering it first to figure out where it is in that app). Not logical to spend that much time doing it sadly :(