Author Topic: iTunes Error - "Unable to continue with you activation at this time" - WD7  (Read 11303 times)

Offline Exodious

• Whited00r iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Hey everyone, I want to ask why I can not restore in iTunes? iTunes Inform like this "We Are Sorry, We Are Unable To Continue With Your Activation At This Time" I want to restore the WD 7 but can not  :'(

edit by bcooperizcool to provide more keywords in the title :)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: iTunes Error - "Unable to continue with you activation at this time" - WD7
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 03:53:14 PM »
What device is this on?
What firmware did you use (normal or unlocker)?
Do you require an unlock, or is your device factory unlocked?
What is your baseband on the device at the moment? (you can find that using the f0recast method from here: WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!).

Need the answer to all of those otherwise I can't help you solve this problem ;) (I'm guessing the iPhone 3G, but I don't know at all really).

Offline Exodious

• Whited00r iPhone User
    • View Profile
What device is this on?
What firmware did you use (normal or unlocker)?
Do you require an unlock, or is your device factory unlocked?
What is your baseband on the device at the moment? (you can find that using the f0recast method from here: WD 6: Tips to Quickly Solve your Problems/Bugs & Get Answers FAST!).

Need the answer to all of those otherwise I can't help you solve this problem ;) (I'm guessing the iPhone 3G, but I don't know at all really).
I am using an iPhone 3G, Firmware Normal, I need the unlock, and I use the baseband 06:15:00

how do I fix it? I want to restore back to wear Firmware Unlocked memeberitahu iTunes but can not go on like this "We Are Sorry, We Are Unable To Continue With Your Activation At This Time"  :'(

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Several problems there. 
You have the normal firmware, but you need an unlock.  You should have downloaded the unlocker firmware.

Your baseband is wrong for the unlocker firmware, you have to restore back to 4.2.1 to downgrade it :(  follow this tutorial:
Whited00r baseband downgrade tutorial

It will have you make a custom firmware file with the 06.15.00 baseband, and then walk you through the downgrade.
After that finishes, you can restore the device back to whited00r :) (when your baseband is 05.13.04).

Offline Exodious

• Whited00r iPhone User
    • View Profile
Several problems there. 
You have the normal firmware, but you need an unlock.  You should have downloaded the unlocker firmware.

Your baseband is wrong for the unlocker firmware, you have to restore back to 4.2.1 to downgrade it :(  follow this tutorial:
Whited00r baseband downgrade tutorial

It will have you make a custom firmware file with the 06.15.00 baseband, and then walk you through the downgrade.
After that finishes, you can restore the device back to whited00r :) (when your baseband is 05.13.04).

I wear it my iOS 3.1.3 and want to downgrade the baseband but I can not restore iOS 4.2.1 on iTunes! What can I choose the IPSW iOS 4.2.1 Redsn0w but actually in my iPhone iOS 3.1.3 is what the outcome will be successful?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 05:04:11 AM by Exodious »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Don't entirely understand that....  If you follow the baseband downgrade tutorial, it will make you create a custom 4.2.1 firmware with the 06.15.00 baseband, and then enter PWNED DFU mode with Redsn0w before restoring to it and continuing with the downgrade. That should avoid errors when restoring to 4.2.1.

Offline Zaidi

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
Facing the same problem on iPhone3G with baseband 5.12 and iOS 3.1.3! I installed whited00r Normal version and I'm not sure if my phone is factory unlocked or not and other thing my lock button is not working please if there'll be any solution :-?

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Facing the same problem on iPhone3G with baseband 5.12 and iOS 3.1.3! I installed whited00r Normal version and I'm not sure if my phone is factory unlocked or not and other thing my lock button is not working please if there'll be any solution :-?

If you are on whited00r, with the normal version, or even stock 3.1.3 and you get this notification, you could try putting a SIM card in, and see if that activates it.

If not, you need the unlocked version of whited00r. Good news, as long as you don't restore to iOS 4.x, it is very easy to change over to that :) Just enter DFU mode using the DFU IPSW from redsn0w (make sure it is a 3.1.3 based one), then PWNED DFU mode using redsn0w again, then restore to whited00r unlocker.
If you are on whited00r right now though, you may be able to bypass the DFU mode and PWNED DFU mode steps and just restore to whited00r, as some people get lucky and can do that from jailbroken firmwares :)

Offline Zaidi

• View Profile
I could not be able to enter DFU mode from redsn0w, after running redsn0w(0.9.14b2 the one already came with whited00r folder) i'm clicking on extras than Pwned DFU. after that Next button is not highlighted like I couldn't be able to click next, what I suppose to do now? Thanks, for that quick response of previous post (:

Offline Zaidi

• View Profile
or is it possible to restore it directly from redsn0w? Because iTunes wont giving the option to restore.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
I could not be able to enter DFU mode from redsn0w, after running redsn0w(0.9.14b2 the one already came with whited00r folder) i'm clicking on extras than Pwned DFU. after that Next button is not highlighted like I couldn't be able to click next, what I suppose to do now? Thanks, for that quick response of previous post (:

You have to go to "Extras" -> "Even More" then choose "DFU IPSW" to create a DFU .ipsw that you restore to in iTunes. When you do that, it will error out during the restore and kick your device to DFU mode. After that, you can then use redsn0w to enter PWNED DFU mode, and then restore to whited00r in iTunes.

or is it possible to restore it directly from redsn0w? Because iTunes wont giving the option to restore.

No, only iTunes really (unless you go through a lot of hoops and build a whole set of tools to do it).

iTunes should give the option to restore, if you plug the device in :o
Edit
Nevermind, you are right, the activation screen prevents that. Do the DFU ipsw method :)

Actually, you may be able to get away with just jailbreaking again, and unchecking "install cydia", then going to cydia and installing "Ultrasn0w" :)