Author Topic: iPhone 2G home button does not work on WD7/3.1.3  (Read 12523 times)

Offline nunoit

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
iPhone 2G home button does not work on WD7/3.1.3
« on: February 11, 2014, 07:57:09 PM »
I have tried all the ways I could think of to enter dfu mode even creating a bin and all failed I can restore to 3.1.3 or even 3.1.2. the power button I replaced the home button seems to work as well. ifI let phone stand (sit) awhile it will sleep but wont recover when I hit the home button, only if I press the power, then acts if I am rebooting. 

I would like to find out if the mother board or the logic board are at fault. any help will greatly appreciated. need to know which way to go to fix other than a shop if i can avoid it. thanks

quick note it seems the phone is factory unlocked if so does that make a difference on how and what to load

Edit by bcooperizcool to provide more keywords in the title :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:12:30 PM by bcooperizcool »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Cant install Whited00r 7 Unlocker on iPhone 2G With broken home button
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 11:50:21 PM »
Welcome to the forums :)

I tried to edit the title with what I think I understood from your post, although it is slightly confusing :(

So your problem is the home button is not working right, and you can't enter DFU mode to get to PWNED DFU mode?

Or are you on whited00r 7 now and the home button isn't working anymore?  Also, if the phone is factory unlocked you want to use the normal .ipsw, not the unlocker one as that unlocks the iPhone :)

Offline nunoit

• View Profile
Re: Cant install Whited00r 7 Unlocker on iPhone 2G
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 04:44:37 PM »
no actually the home button works just fine with 3.1.2 which is what i have loaded right now.  also let me add i am new to this iphone business. when i first got the phone i loaded the whited00r7 unlocker on it but the home button did not work properly.so i went back to 3.1.3 and still the home button did not work properly. now with 3.1.2 and a day or 2 home button works just fine.

when i try to load the normal file or the un-locker file the phone gets to the pic of the itunes connect and hangs with 1604 error. 3 different computers.

if i restore it with 3.1.2 it will clear the screen with white screen then apple logo and progress bar. and back to life it is. i am thinking that one of the boards is bad.

i would like to to do is add app time machine to the phone
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 05:52:14 PM by nunoit »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Re: iPhone 2G home button does not work on WD7/3.1.3
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 09:15:29 PM »
That's weird that the home button did not work even on 3.1.3, but does on 3.1.2 :o  Are you restoring from a backup to get your data back or setting up as a new device in iTunes when you finish restoring?

For whited00r I would have said make sure the "Sara/Siri" option was disabled for the home button not working, but stock 3.1.3 I really have no clue why it wouldn't work there but would on 3.1.2.
With the 1604 error, are you following the Whited00r official installation tutorials?  It makes you use redsn0w 0.9.14b2 to enter PWNED DFU mode before restoring, which would bypass the 16xx error :)

You can't have the App Time Machine without whited00r, it simply won't work outside of it.

Offline nunoit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 05:03:07 PM »
this phone is acting weird. hears an update ok now the home button is working good with 3.1.3. as well. its funny i can restore but i cant dfu. loaded cydia with spirit.

is there a restore WD7. some how i don't think so
could there still be a problem with the home button
could there be a problem with one of the boards in the phone.

if i restore the phone to 3.1.3, when its done with the tmobile chip installed it tells me not valid chip then i install a t&t chip it activates and i can use the tmoble chip with out complaints from the phone.

the other phone i have i can dfu with out any problem and loaded WD7 works great. that's why i want to  install WD7 on this phone.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 06:03:38 PM »
So you can't enter DFU mode on this phone?  It could be the home button is a little tricky, I know I have had to use a DFU .ipsw on an iPod touch because the power button worked, but still couldn't enter DFU mode.
In redsn0w, under "Extras" -> "Even More" there is an option for "DFU IPSW".  If you choose that and point it to the stock 3.1.3 .ipsw, it will make you a .ipsw which you can then restore to in iTunes. It will give you an error, but you will then be in DFU mode (and thus able to enter PWNED DFU mode and restore to whited00r).

Offline nunoit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 09:05:03 PM »
i tried that several times and every time i get 1600 error. ok let me tell you my setup

setup one
laptop
dell inspiron 5150
win xp pro sp3
itunes 11.0.5

setup 2
desktop
hp pivillion 3.4 gb cpu
win 7 ultmit sp1 loaded 2g ram
itunes 11.0.5

i ran ireb-r6 and ran the un-looper then got dfu according to ireb.
then i closed ireb and started itunes told me was in recovery mode like usual shift restore picked  WD7 unlocker, or WD6 unlocker, or WD521u and the end result was could not restore error 1600. so i restored back to 3.1.3 and it works.

now while the phone is restoring normal the screen started black then went white and blank then black then apple on phone little squarely thing on bottom of screen that went away and progress bar shoed up under the apple finally reboot and alive. NOTE with t-mobile chip said could not activate replaced with t&t chip activated then i could use the t-moble chip with out complants.

what do you think is causing my problem. thanks

PS: the chips i have are not active.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 09:18:18 PM »
What instructions were you following to install whited00r? It should have given you Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 in the .zip for whited00r to use for the "Extras" -> "PWNED DFU" mode option.

Some people have issues with iReb, just because, and have to use redsn0w and vise versa. When one tool fails, the other pretty much will always work unless there is something else at play.

So, use redsn0w instead of iReb for the PWNED DFU mode.  Also, don't use the un-looper either, as after you are in PWNED DFU mode, if you exit it at all, you loose the "PWNED" state and have to enter it again.

Offline nunoit

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 08:10:17 AM »
lets see if i get this are both redsnow and itunes supposed to be open to do this

now i was reading if the button is broken to use ireb and blackra1n when i tried blackra1n it would not open
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 08:38:35 AM by nunoit »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 06:21:36 PM »
When redsn0w is open, iTunes should not be open.

Also, your home button isn't broken you said, as it works fine on 3.1.2/3.1.3? :o  So you don't need that method.

Offline nunoit

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 08:35:41 PM »
thanks for your response. ok i went through the trouble of creating and loading a a dfu ispw. which left phone in dfu mode according to itune's. then using itune i tried to load WD7 normal which ended with a 1600 result most of the time. the end results have bin 1600, 1604, 1602. which i have read to be communication problem if i am not mistaken. so could the communication board be at fault here. and if so will that harm the fact the the phone is already unlocked.

i have an off the wall question can any of this loader software be used with ubuntu. if so could that make loading the phone easy-er. i do like the ios7 look

BTW if i load 3.1.3 i can jailbreak with spirit to load cydia
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 08:57:13 PM by nunoit »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 08:54:44 PM »
When you are in DFU mode, you have to use the redsn0w option for "PWNED DFU" mode under "Extras" to enter PWNED DFU mode before restoring to whited00r as I said above :).  Otherwise you will still get the 16xx errors. (a very common problem).

No, none of these tools are easier to use with ubuntu :(  Yes, you can use some form of them, but it requires a lot more setup and steps I haven't actually tried myself (as well as outdated tools).

Offline nunoit

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2014, 06:20:11 PM »
thank you i will try that today.

ok i went through the exact way with redsn0w and entered PWNED DFU mode. then opened itunes and itunes did not see the phone.  the computer did see phone in dfu mode.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 12:21:56 AM by nunoit »

Offline nunoit

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2014, 03:59:29 PM »
it seems the phone wont go into PWNED DFU mode and if it does then itunes does not recognize it.

and question whats the difference between PWNED DFU mode and DFU mode.

and one more question  what could be causing not going into PWNED DFU mode.

what version of itunes should i be using.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:09:16 PM by nunoit »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2014, 11:24:22 PM »
thank you i will try that today.

ok i went through the exact way with redsn0w and entered PWNED DFU mode. then opened itunes and itunes did not see the phone.  the computer did see phone in dfu mode.

Did redsn0w give any errors at all, or did you interrupt the connection to the iPhone from the computer during or after entering PWNED DFU mode?  (sometimes bad cables can do this on their own)
DFU mode is just the built in hardware failsafe on the devices for restoring to a stock firmware.  PWNED DFU mode allows for you to restore to custom firmwares and bypass the 16xx errors easily :)
However, certain versions of the tools only work well for the older devices (the version I linked you to above for 0.9.14b2 of redsn0w for example, works for the older devices, even though it says the newer versions should work).

When using redsn0w, it doesn't matter what version of iTunes as it isn't broken by iTunes updates. However, if using iReb, you need 11.05 or lower (and iReb v5 or v6, not v7).