Author Topic: Performance increasing scripts on iOS 7?  (Read 1995 times)

Offline klipe

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Performance increasing scripts on iOS 7?
« on: February 17, 2014, 06:01:25 PM »
Ladies and Gents,

First off I just want to say !!!THANKS!!! to anyone involved with whited00r! I'm amazed and astounded at how quickly my 3G ran after installing whited00r and utilizing the built-in setup script to selectively enable and disable unused features.

Incredible!

I'm posting today because I was recently forced to update my ipad2 to ios7. It's a sad day when your favorite piece of technology becomes a victim of the apple pay cycle 'upgrade' disease... it's jailbroken now but much is left to be desired performance wise. I'm interested in starting work on a whited00r style 'setup' script to share, but I have some questions:

1. Has anyone looked at default software/services running on IOS7 yet?
2. Is it a reasonable assumption that trimming back the services would significantly impact performance?
3. Has anyone else done anything like this or is anyone else working on something like it?
4. If any dev's are reading: where would you start if you were to undertake such a project.

I hope to hear back from someone! In any case I will start researching IOS7 on my own and through googling and post any positive results here.

-k

Edit by bcooperizcool to provide more keywords in the title :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:55:54 PM by bcooperizcool »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Performance increasing scripts on iOS 7?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 12:02:25 AM »
Welcome to the forums :)

Whited00r 7 is even quicker than whited00r 6 performance wise ;) (also no script, it's all a GUI now and much quicker and powerful)

For iOS 7 things, it really depends, as well as takes time and research to do it correctly.

1. I'm sure someone has, although no one here. It's called deamons mostly, but there are many other things you can do to improve speeds.
2. Yes, as always cutting down on services running/daemons will increase speed depending on what you disable :)
3. Not that I know of, for iOS 7 at any rate.
4. Google daemons for iOS 7 :) That's a big place to start. Then you could use the launchctl command for loading/unloading daemons.

Offline BlackR4in

• Jr. Team Member
  • Twitter: @BlackR41n
    • View Profile
    • Bl4ck0ut :)
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Performance increasing scripts on iOS 7?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 11:20:47 AM »
here you go :b

put it into the Cydia Autoinstall folder & reboot your device :p
After installation, open Terminal and type in

Code: [Select]
bash /var/mobile/iBoost
wait a few sec and respring your Device ;)

I tested it on my 4S running 7.0.4.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 03:53:34 PM by BlackR4in »