Author Topic: iPod touch 2G MB stuck on connect to iTunes screen (not recovery mode)  (Read 2362 times)

Offline imtoosmall4u

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
I installed iReb 7, the whited00r7 for iPod Touch 2G(MB), and I have the iTunes that is on 11.4 i think, then did the process. My iPod was already jailbroken. I am on the stage of restoring my iPod, and when it finishes the restoration, my iPod turned on and then on the screen is the USB cable connected to itunes. I've tried doing the restoration for how many times but still doesn't work. Help me please. :((

Edit by Bruan to provide more keywords in the title :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 03:51:01 AM by Bruan »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Welcome to the forums :)

Thank you for posting a picture!  I would have just suggested trying to follow the installation instructions again, but this is actually not[/b recovery mode. Recovery mode does not have the battery icon in the top right corner, and doesn't have the slide for emergency text either!

Have you tried connecting to iTunes and syncing?  Also, when you finished restoring did iTune give an error? 

If you did get it connected to iTunes, did you set up as a new device or restore from a backup to get your data back?

Offline imtoosmall4u

• View Profile
Thank you so much for answering.

I've tried to follow the instructions, I tried using Redsnow but it gave me an internal error. Then i tried to use ireb again to DFU my iTouch then went to itunes to restore but it said that the ios firmware is not compatible. My ipod now is on ios 3.1.3

I tried connecting to itunes but it says that it detected an ipod that is it recovery mode.

When I connected it to itunes, i always try the Shift+restore

I've installed whited00r5 on my iphone before and it went well. I don't know what happened when i tried on my ipod.

Offline imtoosmall4u

• View Profile
Do you have an idea if that's not in recovery mode? I've been searching in the internet but still, I can't get out of it. :(

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
You may have to downgrade your iTunes version to 11.05 or lower, as iReb does not work with the latest version for PWNED DFU mode. (also need version 5 or version 6 at latest). Hopefully you won't need to do this though, and the method below will work instead (otherwise I can get more information on this method)

however, you could try running iReb without downgrading iTunes and instead of using the DFU option, use the "Recovery Mode Loop Fixer" option and see if that fixes it :)

Do you have an idea if that's not in recovery mode? I've been searching in the internet but still, I can't get out of it. :(

That is not recovery mode, as you have the slide to emergency screen. So iTunes detects it as recovery mode when you plug it in like that to the computer though?

Offline imtoosmall4u

• View Profile
Okay. I will try that. Thanks again for replying! :))

Yes. It says that it is in a recovery mode. But I will try what you've said.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
That's odd, although it is odd to begin with seeing that screen on an iPod touch at all! :o