Author Topic: Whited00r 7.1 Discussion thread (NOT FOR BUGS)  (Read 9148 times)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Whited00r 7.1 Discussion thread (NOT FOR BUGS)
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 08:27:25 PM »
Ah yes, control center quick blurring is used elsewhere in the system too (Assistive Touch), it's a little bit of magic that we get every now and then ;)  Not just the larger circles, but also the overlay image for when it is blurred, much less pixelated (although that may not have been released in the Experience enhancing mod, but rather made privately by tartilc for us).

The iOS 7 App Switcher was a big fix, in terms of stability and also functionality (can now remove apps from the recent apps list, although they still aren't actually running in the background).  Uses the same method that all the other tweaks use to quickly launch applications, so it shouldn't bug out the icon animation code either. 
App Time Machine had some backend work done, fixing the caches issue with some apps, as well as adding in a little more for the icon cache code.  Also prevents apps from being installed multiple times through the ATM, meaning less bugs overall. (also internet connectivity checks)

Haha assistive touch was going to be a paid tweak, but it was decided against doing so, and instead given to whited00r :)

Major releases will require restoring, or at least in this case it did because of more backend changes to the file system that was just easier and cleaner to do via restore.  Smaller fixes for long term support will be ota though :)

Offline lythehung

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 02:55:00 AM »
wd 7.1 dont' have notification center???? map can't positioning current position,passcode was bug,notification number was bug........
i'm sad when wd 7.1 don't run facebook messenger????? it's important problem of ios 3.1.3.........can you mod facebook messenger for wd7.1 or can you help fb messenger run wd..............
we need telex for keyboard

Offline Sir Roven

• Dev Android | Iphone 3G Intro
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 03:50:29 AM »
Amazing news gonna test now all thanks to all team Whitedoor you guys are amazing  :)

Very very soon post my feedback :)

Sir Roven,
Developer Android on XDA MediaTek Devices
Introducing to a world to old IDevices
_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 04:12:20 AM »
wd 7.1 dont' have notification center???? map can't positioning current position,passcode was bug,notification number was bug........
i'm sad when wd 7.1 don't run facebook messenger????? it's important problem of ios 3.1.3.........can you mod facebook messenger for wd7.1 or can you help fb messenger run wd..............
we need telex for keyboard

Sorry if this sounds mean, just the hard facts :(
No it doesn't. Why would it?  We gave you all the other features for free, time and again, yet you aren't happy and want even more? :( It takes time, and effort to do what we do.

Maps and location services are broken on stock 3.1.3 even (aside from GPS in the iPhone 3G), nothing can be done there as there is no way to get the working location services from even 4.x to a lower firmware (closed source, tweaks don't help make things magically work).

Passcode was bug, what does that mean?  Do you still have the passcode lock bug where it crashes?  Have you installed the latest patch from the repo?  (not patch v3 for WD7, but the patch for WD7.1 as installing the old patch will give you back all the WD7 bugs).

If you want Facebook messenger, or any apps that require a newer firmware to run, you must simply buy a newer phone.  There is no way to get apps that require a higher firmware to run on an older device/firmware.  Also no way to get the older device to run a higher iOS version than what apple allows.   
This is explained in the still relevant Whited00r 6 - FAQ & Troubleshooting - READ BEFORE POSTING!

Why can't I install Apps that Requires iOS 4.3 or upgrade above iOS 4.2.1?

iOS 4.3 and above and apps that requires iOS 4.3 are using binaries CPU instructions sets for newer devices equipped with ARMv7 CPU & faster GPU and only those Apple devices have it:
ARMv7s = iPhone 5, iPad 4
ARMv7  = iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 3G, 4G & 5G, iPad, iPad 2, iPad 3 & iPad Mini.

Apple Devices with the ARMv6 CPU supported by Whited00r & App Time Machine but not by Apple anymore and dropped slowly & surely by iTunes  :-\

iPod Touch 1G or 1st Generation  - max iOS 3.1.3
    Original iPhone 2G or 1st Gen - max iOS 3.1.3

iPod Touch 2G or 2nd Gen - max iOS 4.2.1
    iPhone 3G or 2nd Gen - max iOS 4.2.1 but it's dog-slow, the very limit of what that hardware can take. Whited00r is based on a tweaked iOS 3.1.3 because it is much more fluid with plenty of free available RAM to run apps.

Apple could easily require that app developers include iOS backward compatibility to be eligible to iTunes App Store but they decided not to.  :-\   Apple makes the Xcode software that developers are using to create apps and removed support for ARMv6 binaries compatibility in their Xcode 4.5 version (see Mac Developer Library - Xcode Release Notes for technical details). Apparently they re-enabled ARMv6 binaries compatibility in the current Xcode 4.5.2 according to this.

That, and the fact that we don't have source code (or even if we did, time either) for modifying these apps to work on lower firmwares (which in almost all cases would break most of the features, if not all. Which it still isn't even possible to modify the apps anyway).

No clue what telex is, but I'm guessing it's not actually related to iOS 7 style things (which is what we do), so that isn't going to happen :(

Amazing news gonna test now all thanks to all team Whitedoor you guys are amazing  :)

Very very soon post my feedback :)

Sir Roven,

Thank you ;D  Much appreciated mate.  Hopefully it is better than you expected :)

Offline lythehung

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 04:22:14 AM »
tks mr brain

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2014, 04:26:09 AM »
tks mr brain

Not at all trying to scare you off :D  Just saying all that now in case anyone else has similar questions so they don't get their hopes up :/

Offline luunhatminh1999

• I'll make the world go round.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2014, 02:56:11 PM »
I don't know anything about your work on WD 7.1 but here's some suggestions on major things that I'd like to see:
1/ Stablity, speed and optimizing:
Yes. WD 7 was really good overall. But still crash ocassionally, especially when receiving incoming calls. What do you think when having an important or emergency incoming call but get a crash? Deadly and annoying :S
WD 7.1 will need even more speed and bug fixes.
2/ User interface:
As I've read in the previous comments, control center can be blurred. Awesome. But don't forget to change the springboard UI to match the real iOS 7.1 (e.g: slide to power off pngs, springboard icons (yeah, Apple have just gone through a redesign on colors of the icon, not much, but important anyway)). It'd be awesome to see that WD cover every small detail of the firmware.
3/ AppTimeMachine:
You should add the reload feature. Uhmmm, for example, if I need to see more games, I have to quit ATM and reopen for a new list of game. That takes some time. A small reload button will be more convenient.
4/Ringtone and sounds:
WD 7 have no Opening ringtone. No iOS 7 SMS alert sounds. I don't know if copying those sounds is illegal or just because you forgot to :S
5/ Someone have just complained about the passcode bug. It's not about crashing or anything else: it works fluidly. If you want to know what happen, just simply try to set up a passcode. The passcode screen on lockscreen looks rediculous, as if it was buggy or something like that  :(

Ehh wait... Looks like I've just written down something similar to bug report xD but I think those are majority changes that needs to be applied on WD 7.1 because it's like what Whited00r team have said: You cover every smallest detail of the firmware. Keep up your excellent work ^^!

« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 03:08:32 PM by luunhatminh1999 »
---------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike everything - except Whited00r 6 & Whited00r 7!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2014, 05:38:24 PM »
1. We always do the most speed possible :) Of course disabling more features and options via the Whited00r Settings will give you more speed, but most of the stock tweaks we include won't slow you down or mess with your battery at all (maybe the iOS 7 App Switcher, folders, and Sara...).
We fixed the crashes relating to calls and also having passcodes (and powering down the device), and a couple others in the iOS 7 App Switcher, as well as crashes relating to apps in general from the App Time Machine.

2. We do what we can, although getting every single detail would be so long and hard to do, we have done substantially more here.  More native and 3rd party apps will look like iOS 7 in the title bars, the cancel, done and edit type buttons, as well as the tab options in the bottom, and more. We have no modified the slide to power off screens sadly, or the icons (seeing they already are iOS 7 like...)

3. Not done by us :(  Perhaps they will implement paging eventually though, so you don't need to reload to get random games.

4. Ringtones and sounds may be tricky because of the legal issues (although distributing a .ipsw is legally grey too I think).

5. We did try to change it, but the images used by it aren't able to be stretched larger so it looks like iOS 7 :(

Full list of changes (minus a couple things that I forgot were changed) can be found here:
Whited00r 7 Introduction - What's new and how to use WD7

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 05:39:04 PM »
I don't know anything about your work on WD 7.1 but here's some suggestions on major things that I'd like to see:
1/ Stablity, speed and optimizing:
Yes. WD 7 was really good overall. But still crash ocassionally, especially when receiving incoming calls. What do you think when having an important or emergency incoming call but get a crash? Deadly and annoying :S
WD 7.1 will need even more speed and bug fixes.
2/ User interface:
As I've read in the previous comments, control center can be blurred. Awesome. But don't forget to change the springboard UI to match the real iOS 7.1 (e.g: slide to power off pngs, springboard icons (yeah, Apple have just gone through a redesign on colors of the icon, not much, but important anyway)). It'd be awesome to see that WD cover every small detail of the firmware.
3/ AppTimeMachine:
You should add the reload feature. Uhmmm, for example, if I need to see more games, I have to quit ATM and reopen for a new list of game. That takes some time. A small reload button will be more convenient.
4/Ringtone and sounds:
WD 7 have no Opening ringtone. No iOS 7 SMS alert sounds. I don't know if copying those sounds is illegal or just because you forgot to :S
5/ Someone have just complained about the passcode bug. It's not about crashing or anything else: it works fluidly. If you want to know what happen, just simply try to set up a passcode. The passcode screen on lockscreen looks rediculous, as if it was buggy or something like that  :(

Ehh wait... Looks like I've just written down something similar to bug report xD but I think those are majority changes that needs to be applied on WD 7.1 because it's like what Whited00r team have said: You cover every smallest detail of the firmware. Keep up your excellent work ^^!
1. Every update attempts to do that and does it very well :P
2. Slide to power if would require making the graphics (or waiting for a 7.1 jailbreak) this MIGHT be put in via a ota update
3. That is done by the community. If you want to help you can crack your apps you have installed and upload them to app time machine...
4. Whited00r in itself is barely legal but I think it was because of the size of the system partion
5. The pass code lock bug has been fixed :D

Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline Mahboi

• Whited00r iPod User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 07:49:12 PM »
Okay, now I've fiddled with it a bit more, here are a few things:

1. Terminal still crashes from time to time.
2. ATM occasionally crashes when loading a category.
3. Cool to see swiping out of apps in the switcher! To make it more iOS 7-like, it should be possible to swipe cards even when they are not the card in focus (the apps to the right and left of the current app can be removed)

Btw, telex is a way to input vietnamese characters. I think that user wants an additional international keyboard option.

Offline 3DayTheory

• View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 08:10:19 PM »
how will the OTA updates work? will it be in the setting or do i need to go to cydia when they are released?

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 08:40:14 PM »
Okay, now I've fiddled with it a bit more, here are a few things:

1. Terminal still crashes from time to time.
2. ATM occasionally crashes when loading a category.
3. Cool to see swiping out of apps in the switcher! To make it more iOS 7-like, it should be possible to swipe cards even when they are not the card in focus (the apps to the right and left of the current app can be removed)

Btw, telex is a way to input vietnamese characters. I think that user wants an additional international keyboard option.

1. Terminal crashing isn't due to us, just a bug with the terminal app itself.
2. How many categories did you have loaded up before it crashed?  Could be a memory leak, although I thought it didn't have any from the crash logs I was checking.
3. Hopefully possible, but I don't know :(

Ah, we can't put in things like that (I'm pretty sure I have explained that elsewhere). We can't develop keyboards, because we don't have anyone who is a developer who knows the language, and we can't get the keyboard from newer firmwares for the same reason we can't get anything from newer firmwares :(

how will the OTA updates work? will it be in the setting or do i need to go to cydia when they are released?

Check Cydia for updates :)  (bug fixes, not major releases)

Offline Sir Roven

• Dev Android | Iphone 3G Intro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2014, 03:04:08 AM »
I have to say that is a great job Whited00r iOS 7.1, passcode bug solved and solved other things, continues to have the bug to unlock the SIM card for you will always :/ system for safe and moreover amazing control center with blur sometimes slow but great: D

Keep Up :)
Developer Android on XDA MediaTek Devices
Introducing to a world to old IDevices
_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_

Offline luunhatminh1999

• I'll make the world go round.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2014, 04:55:14 AM »
1. Every update attempts to do that and does it very well :P
2. Slide to power if would require making the graphics (or waiting for a 7.1 jailbreak) this MIGHT be put in via a ota update
3. That is done by the community. If you want to help you can crack your apps you have installed and upload them to app time machine...
4. Whited00r in itself is barely legal but I think it was because of the size of the system partion
5. The pass code lock bug has been fixed :D
2/ Why don't you have a tethered jailbreak iOS 7.1 on iPhone 4 to get those graphics ;)
I dislike everything - except Whited00r 6 & Whited00r 7!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2014, 06:31:27 AM »
I have to say that is a great job Whited00r iOS 7.1, passcode bug solved and solved other things, continues to have the bug to unlock the SIM card for you will always :/ system for safe and moreover amazing control center with blur sometimes slow but great: D

Keep Up :)

Oh :( Sorry that wasn't fixed, we did try and catch all the bugs as we thought they were all related to the same bit of code, perhaps the SIM unlock isn't though.
Control center blur is as fast as it can be on such an old device ;) Slow, but very usable :)

2/ Why don't you have a tethered jailbreak iOS 7.1 on iPhone 4 to get those graphics ;)

That's not why we don't have them :P  It's more than just image mods there, and we simple didn't change them.  We have very long to-do lists ;)  Crashing/usability fixes for long term support were above graphical fixes.  Make the devices actually usable day to day  is a big thing for us. (crashes, fixing white text in apps when possible, even more so than before, better backend code for handling/preventing errors)