Author Topic: [Solved] Whited00r 7.1 - Any version of Viber out there working 100% ?  (Read 19404 times)

Offline onalone2000

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
It depends, it can crash even when you click to received the call. And also for a while after I finished the call. It doesn't happened before when banner notification is on, I open viber quicker and no crash.

Best wishes,

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
It depends, it can crash even when you click to received the call. And also for a while after I finished the call. It doesn't happened before when banner notification is on, I open viber quicker and no crash.

Best wishes,

But always only with viber though?  Could be another sort of bug relating to the UI tweak, although I don't know why it would crash springboard (safe mode) instead of just crashing the app only.  Does it do it when you are in safe mode?
You can enter safe mode by running the following command in terminal (brush up seeing I am pretty sure I posted how earlier)
Code: [Select]
killall -SEGV SpringBoard

Offline onalone2000

• View Profile
It's not only viber, Bruan. When phone on lock screen and I don't use it, when I open again it also crash (I dont calculate the time because I put it in my pocket until open to see what time it is. Usually I have less phone from viber so crash checking is made by myself that using a viber call from another phone.

When I change back to banner notification on status, somehow it reduce the crash. What I mean here is this function help reduce crash from my phone.

Best wishes,

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Interesting, I will look into that. I'm thinking it could be a conflict with the lock screen tweak if the banner notifications are disabled, and instead tries to insert more above the lock screen.  Nice find there!  Unless you received a call each time before you noticed, which had crashed it, which would make it an older crash which we know of and are looking into.

I think it isn't actually reducing the crashes as a feature, I think the lock screen tweak has an issue when normal notifications show up over the top of it.  I may swap around the tweaks so the lock screen handles the list of notifications instead of the banner tweak, to see if that helps.

Offline onalone2000

• View Profile
Dear Bruan,

I have just test your command to entering safe mode. It also says that "We apologize for the inconvenience, but Spring board has just crashed. Mobile Substrate /did not/ cause this problem.... etc.

By this time, if any other problem comes, I will inform you later.

Wishes you all the best.

Best wishes,

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Dear Bruan,

I have just test your command to entering safe mode. It also says that "We apologize for the inconvenience, but Spring board has just crashed. Mobile Substrate /did not/ cause this problem.... etc.

By this time, if any other problem comes, I will inform you later.

Wishes you all the best.

Best wishes,

Yup, that's safemode :)  Just don't tap the "restart" button until you are done testing. I just want to see if the app actually can launch properly with no tweaks interfering when it gets a call.

Offline onalone2000

• View Profile
Noted with thanks  :)

Offline onalone2000

• View Profile
Dear Bruan,

I have just made a call and also sms. I work fine in safe mode.

Best regards,

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Dear Bruan,

I have just made a call and also sms. I work fine in safe mode.

Best regards,

By making a call I'm guessing it was an incoming call that you answered?  Looks like I do have some digging/fixing in the tweak to do in relation to the lock screen when the banner tweak is disabled!  Thanks for the heads up :)

Offline onalone2000

• View Profile
New from my checking,

I have just received some sms through viber while I am not in app and also not lock screen. I press closed, not viewing the message. There are notifications contiunuously coming out everytime I close them. It also said "We apologize for the inconvenience, but Spring board has just crashed. Mobile Substrate /did not/ cause this problem.... etc".

I think a part of it cause by the conflict of Viber. For your information, I used Viber 2.1.4 from Prisoner (as far as I remembered :( )

Best wishes,

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
The springboard popup is normal, I just wanted to see if viber could accept a call normally while in safemode via the popup alerts, which it seems it can.

That lets me know that there is some conflict in the lockscreen tweak which doesn't behave as it should when the banner notifications are disabled.

Offline daadoaa

• Whited00r iPhone 3G User
    • View Profile
Re: [Solved] Whited00r 7.1 - Any version of Viber out there working 100% ?
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2014, 04:47:09 AM »
hii all,
i have somethings to say about that
first i did exactly what you mentioned in here by updating the last whited00r patch and installing viber version you posted ibut still wont work the thing is that it says "viber cant enter push notification " and im sure that its on but it dont work and it seems it have a problem in connecting to viber server (i tried both in normal mode and safe mode)
the second thing that i tired was another version that i made a back up to it when viber was working via itools actually i have 2 versions both with documents backup 2.2.1.207 & 2.2.0.2962
the 2.2.1.2 one is not loading at all in safemode and normal mode the second one is working fine but no sms sent to mobile so i cant activate it
the thing is that every version i backed up before not working with the doc backup or without
i know its been a lot of hustles around that but plz help
oh im running whited00r 7.1 normal on iphone 3g
thanks

Offline SimulaYOOO

• If you want faster iPhone buy a new
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2014, 10:15:26 AM »
Hello welcome to the forum and happy holidays.As Skype,Wechat and other Viber cut the support for old versions,nothing to do..Cheers ;)
P.S I think Apple cut notification for ios 3.x.x and only sms and call working........ :-\
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:18:22 AM by SimulaYOOO »
Stay Hungry,Stay Foolish. - Steve Jobs

Offline onalone2000

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2014, 01:44:59 AM »
I also test with my phone. Previously it worked. Now it say can not work and can not connect to domain when testing with iPusher.

I think that we can not use any more. :(

Offline myiphone 3g

• Whited00r User
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2014, 02:09:24 AM »
mmmm viber works perfectly fine in IOS 4.2.1, even i could dowload it via itunes, i think its time to move to ios 4.2.1  :)