Author Topic: iOS 7 Boot Logo for WD7 and WD7.1  (Read 10582 times)

Offline FreezIn

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Windows
iOS 7 Boot Logo for WD7 and WD7.1
« on: March 22, 2014, 09:10:19 PM »
First i would like to congratulate you guys for releasing WD7.1. Finally we have a blurred control center. I was expecting some kind of iOS 7 boot logo but unfortunately its still the same old WD7 boot logo. So i decided to take a iOS 6 boot logo and i inverted the colors on paint. Paint did the job. it turned the white apple logo and that blackish background to iOS 7 look with a white background and black apple logo. i decided to test it on my device and it did work. Although the apple logo looks kinda weird because i had to resize it to fit my device.

iOS 7 Boot Logo Credits To: lostreaper who made a better boot logo than mine. Mine look crappy because the apple logo was kinda squashed.

Heres how i did it:

1. Go down a few posts, you will see downloads for everything. The iOS 7 boot logo is an attachment. Just right-click the iOS 7 boot logo and save it to your computer.
2. Open redsn0w. (Link down the next post)
3. Click on extras and choose the stock iOS 3.1.3 firmware (Link for download will be the next post)
4. Go back and click on jailbreak, then power off your device and hit next
5. Follow directions on redsn0w to enter DFU mode.
6. If you have done it correctly, you should end up with a screen to choose what you want to install.
7. UNCHECK EVERYTHING AND CHOOSE CUSTOM BOOT LOGO ONLY. DO NOT NEVER EVER CHOOSE INSTALL CYDIA OR YOU WILL ENDING UP TRASHING OR BRICKING YOUR DEVICE.
8. Choose the boot logo that you downloaded
** No resizing neccesary because lostrepaer told me every device that runs WD has the same screen size. You should not get an error.
9. Now don't click anything on your computer or do anything on your iPod. Just leave it and wait for it to complete.
10. After it has finished, it should reboot. you should now see the iOS 7 boot logo.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:05:29 PM by FreezIn »
Android devices:Samsung Galaxy S4(RIP) Overheating killed it. HTC One: Sold to a friend recently for 400$. Google Nexus 10 tablet 32 GB Rooted:Currently have.
iOS Devices: iPod Touch 1G: Running whited00r 7.1. iPod Touch 4G- Jailbroken running on iOS 6.1.3 (Was a lost device) iPhone 5S- Running on iOS 7.1.
Whited00r or Android? = BOTH!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: iOS 7 Boot Logo for WD7 and WD7.1
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 09:25:04 PM »
Notes:
You may need a different redsn0w version, if it asks for a .ipsw and does not accept the stock 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 ipsw for the device.
Try Redsn0w 0.9.3 for windows or for OSX in that case.

If you have a broken power or home button, sadly the DFU IPSW will not work for this and you are out of luck unless whited00r ends up including the custom boot logo :(

Edit:
Crikey, sorry there!  I figured I would write up a tutorial but I didn't see your edit while I was posting :s  thank you for the tutorial :)  Maybe put in some of the added information from mine into yours and then I can delete my post?  :)

Offline FreezIn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 09:30:51 PM »
Bruan, i need help here. I can't upload my attachments like redsnow and boot logo. It takes a long time connecting then brings me the webpage or whatever timed out...

EDIT: Never mind uploading to dropbox. I'm not uploading redsn0w because its 117MB and you should have a copy of redsn0w when you installed whited00r. I'm not trying to be mean but my internet is slow as a turtle. I will try to upload it later or someone upload it for me if someone is willing to be nice.

2ND EDIT: I can't even upload a screenshot of it :/ It brings it to a whited00r page with an error why it couldn't upload. Says the size is bigger than the server is allowed. The screenshot is only 3.7 MB.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 09:47:27 PM by FreezIn »
Android devices:Samsung Galaxy S4(RIP) Overheating killed it. HTC One: Sold to a friend recently for 400$. Google Nexus 10 tablet 32 GB Rooted:Currently have.
iOS Devices: iPod Touch 1G: Running whited00r 7.1. iPod Touch 4G- Jailbroken running on iOS 6.1.3 (Was a lost device) iPhone 5S- Running on iOS 7.1.

Offline FreezIn

• View Profile
DOWNLOADS
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 09:42:56 PM »
DOWNLOAD LINKS:

iOS 7 Boot Logo: ITS AN ATTACHMENT. RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE IT AS AN IMAGE. IMAGE CREDITS to lostreaper who has fixed many issues that my original iOS 7 boot logo had.

iOS 3.1.2-3.1.3 Stock Firmware: http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

Redsn0w 0.9.14b2 (Originally came with WD 7.1):  https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6RBOC0ZTGKHalc3WHc0SGxoazQ/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 07:01:54 PM by FreezIn »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 10:00:37 PM »
If you want to put inline images in, you could try using the
Code: [Select]
[img]http://someURL.com/SomePhoto.png[/img]
tags to put images inline.  Try out PhotoBucket or possibly Flickr to upload images and put them inline.  I know photo bucket at least offers resizing of images as well, if you didn't do that for larger screenshots, and I would guess flickr does too though :)

Offline FreezIn

• View Profile
SCREENIES REMOVED
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 04:33:53 PM »
SCREENIES HAS BEEN REMOVED. UPLOADING A NEW SCREENIE LATER ON.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 06:59:48 PM by FreezIn »

Offline Mahboi

• Whited00r iPod User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 08:00:41 AM »
Is there any place to get redsn0w 0.9.3? Only two links seem to exist and they fail to load ::)

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2014, 05:42:44 PM »
Is there any place to get redsn0w 0.9.3? Only two links seem to exist and they fail to load ::)
Google it unless it's banned where you live. I have found many results.
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline Mahboi

• Whited00r iPod User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 07:25:59 PM »
Most of the results lead to the same download page, which gives me a 403 error. The ones that don't still don't work (a mediafire link had missing files), and the official website only goes back to 0.9.4. Trust me, I might not be a programmer, but I have enough sense to at least try to find things myself before giving up.

I guess the only option is to redownload whited00r and hope that it includes the proper redsn0w.

Offline FreezIn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2014, 10:46:19 PM »
I will try to upload redsn0w tommorow cus idk why redsn0w is 117 MB and takes way to long like 25 mins as that's what I said for estimated time. Yes I know its slow

Offline Mahboi

• Whited00r iPod User
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 12:56:13 AM »
Do you have a Google account? You could upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us.

At any rate, I did a bit of reading and it seems there's no way to change the boot logo of an iPod 2G MC :( So this is really just for the greater good, I guess.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 01:28:34 AM »
Most of the results lead to the same download page, which gives me a 403 error. The ones that don't still don't work (a mediafire link had missing files), and the official website only goes back to 0.9.4. Trust me, I might not be a programmer, but I have enough sense to at least try to find things myself before giving up.

I guess the only option is to redownload whited00r and hope that it includes the proper redsn0w.

That is weird, I tried out that link earlier and it worked :o  Or it may have been from somewhere else, I grabbed it from another thread. Maybe the user found it elsewhere though.. I didn't read the whole thread when getting the link.

0.9.4 probably would work too, same with 0.9.14b2 :)  Although, for the MC model, no :(

Offline FreezIn

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 01:39:28 AM »
I have Google drive account but I can't get anything to share. Am I dumb or blind? I really don't see a share button anywhere. Will try to upload to dropbox. Mahboi: I did some reading to but I found some videos that uses the redsn0w technique to change the boot logo. I'm not sure are they wrong but they said include iPod touch 2G MC model. I'm pretty sure they might be wrong about that.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 01:45:39 AM by FreezIn »

Offline Mahboi

• Whited00r iPod User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 04:20:19 AM »
You are definitely NOT dumb and blind ;)
Sharing on GDrive is pretty obscure at first.

1. Find the file you want to share, in this case it's probably a .exe file.
2. Right-click on it, select Share-->Share...
3. In the window that comes up, look at the box under "Who has access", and note the first line, which probably says "only the people below can access" or something like that. Click "Change...", and in the next popup, click "Anyone with the Link"
4. Copy-paste the link to your next forum post.

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 11:53:45 AM »
One question guys will I be in whitedoor7.1 or stock 3.1.3 ? ???
New Thinking New Possiblities.
Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3