Author Topic: WD7.1 Bugs on 1st gen iPhone  (Read 8622 times)

Offline lostreaper

• Poor Rocket Scientist who owns 1st Gen iPhone
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
WD7.1 Bugs on 1st gen iPhone
« on: March 23, 2014, 04:02:10 PM »
Hello,

First of all, thank you WD Team! Lots of improvements that make the usage enjoyable.

So far it works well. I only faced with a few issues both graphical and functioning.

1. When setting wallpaper for the first time there wasn't a background of Cancel, however tapping Cancel and picking a wallpaper again brought of its background. I just tried it now, both of the backgrounds weren't there, tapping Cancel and picking a wallpaper brought both of them again.

2. Same thing happens for Incoming Call screen as well. Doing the trick, launching Contacts from Phone app fixes it on HomeScreen.

3. Renaming a folder and pressing Home Button almost always crashes to safe mode and when it doesn't crash (rarely), all folders and other apps on the 2nd or 3rd pages disappear. Icon of a random app (changes every time) on the Home Screen also disappears. Respring fixes it.

4. Assistive Touch reposition itself on a regular basis. Guess he is an hyperactive kid. (= Btw, I'd like to see Power Off and Silent buttons on it. Power Off can be added with a confirmation popup in order to avoid accidental taps.

5. Respring from Cydia angers icon animation and Assistive Touch that causes it gets red. Locking and Unlocking fixes it.

6. Incoming calls on LockScreen always brings green backgounded Slide to Answer button like on WD6.

I'd like to change some UI that will match iOS 7.1 like at the link below. Where can I find UIs of Phone app Keypad, Incoming Call,  On Call LockScreen and HomeScreen and Power Off screens?

http://www.iclarified.com/39019/whats-new-in-ios-71-photo-gallery

Thx!

Ps: DDoS Protection page of CloudFlare kicked in when I pressed Post, luckily I copied the whole text beforehand...

Pps: WD7.1 installed as stated on the guide. No iTunes backup restore and iTools restore. So, I got rid of the Unlock Anim. slide back issue that I have with WD7.0. Installed the 7.1.2 patch from Cydia after the installation.

Ppps: I also discovered Respring when closing the HomeScreen on App Switcher which is really cool! Since the WD Respring removed from Settings, I had to use the one on SBSettings that sometimes angers icon animation and causes big icons or use Terminal which is time consuming for a single task like that.

DDoS Protection kicked in again and brought me a start new topic... That's really annoying... Maybe you should lower the protection level on CF.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:26:23 PM by lostreaper »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: WD7.1 Bugs on 1st gen iPhone
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 04:23:00 AM »
1.  Ooo... Now that is interesting, maybe it has something to do with the same sort of bug in the Music and Videos app where the title bar is not aligned until the user taps in the app anywhere...  I thought that was about the behavior of the apps because they ran as system services too, but maybe not?  Very odd though that it would happen for two different bits of the code though...

2. Buttons not there either?  I will have a look through that bit of the code again, I did put in stuff so they should have backgrounds, but perhaps not eh?  (Or not fully, maybe there is another tweak that interferes with it).

3. Folders crashing *may* be related to the edit we make to the folders, try enabling "iOS 4 Folders" from the Visual Whited00r Settings (advanced config needs to be enabled).  If not, then there isn't anything we can do about that really :(  Unless perhaps it is related to a tweak overriding the home button... I know Sara, backgrounder, manual multitasking, iOS 7 App Switcher, control center, and assisitve touch all do that... Try disabling all those and seeing if it still crashes, then enabling them one by one until it crashes again.  Not sure about the icon disappearing, is the icon in a folder, or in a specific position on the home screen each time for when it disappears?

4. It should only reposition on respiring or reboot :s  Someone else was noticing it did it every time they locked the screen though, which shouldn't happen (and doesn't for me so I have to figure out what is different with their systems than mine).

5. Now the Cydia respiring angering it is new, does it do it every time?  Locking and unlocking fixes assistive touch too for the red background?

6. Yeah, I didn't want to mess with that yet :s  (although the slider should be iOS 7 styled, even though you can't slide the full screen).

I'm pretty sure the new UI is more than just simple image changes, because of the scale of things having changed (need to shrink things down, remove labels, replace with images and such for different things.)

Also, the phone app, if you don't size it correctly, it shows up black around the edges of the call button :(  Image locations I do not know, although googling how to theme them probably would bring up it ;)  TelephonyUI.framework in /Library/Frameworks, somewhere in /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app, and also in the other.artwork in the UIKit.framework (in the frameworks folder, not sure if private frameworks or not though).  I don't know the names of the images though :(

Oooo... Are you using Tor?  I have that a lot because of it, perhaps the web admin could allow certain tor exits to get through without too much hassle... 

Wait, did you do a restore from backup for WD7? :o I thought you didn't, although you kept getting the animation bug :s  Well, at least it is gone now :)

Didn't even know about the iOS 7 App Switcher respring, very cool :)

Offline lostreaper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 07:37:00 PM »
2. Backgrounds of buttons are missing, yes. Launching Contacts from Phone app brings them back.

3. Sara, Backgrounder and Manual Multitasking are already disabled. I'd like to keep using others that you said. And I'm not like renaming folders everyday, so, I'll just pass trial and error on this one. (I'm kinda scared if I play enabling/disabling they may cause other issues =p ) As for icon disappearing issue; all of the folders on the 2nd and 3rd page disappear. When that happen 2nd and 3rd pages are completely empty. No folders and no app icons including app icon titles. Complete emptiness. And as for Home Screen, only 1 single random app's icon disappears but icon title remains there. It was the Pictures app for the first time, then Stocks app's icon disappeared. I respring every time that issue happens and it causes random icon disappearing on the Home Screen.

4. Yes it does that on resprings and reboots.

5. Yes and Yes.

6. Green button with a white arrow is like from WD6, Slide to answer text has no bg, ie. iOS 7 style.

No worries about the size and other stuff as I have vector UI elements of iOS 7.1

Nope, No Tor too. I would not login any website through TOR as it's not that safe. However, I'm a member for 3 years or 4 (since WD5.1) and I got that CF panic page for the first time on WD.com. I'll see if I get it again to send this one. (;

No, I did not. As I said, No restores from iTunes or iTools. I did iTools restore with WD7.0 and most probably it ruined my unlock animation. Not this time.

Yeah, AS respring is really cool. Thanks for that whoever made it.

Ps: Assistive Touch has a transparency issues. It rarely gets transparent mode in my side.

How about adding Power Off and Silent switch on Assistive Touch? That would be really cool as well!

Cheerz!

Offline lostreaper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 08:58:28 PM »
I've just found it! The unlocking slides back issue! It's really strange but it's all related to Passcode Lock! Turn it on and you immediately get the issue. No matter set it to Immediately or 4 hours, you'll get that issue as long as you have Passcode Lock enabled! And it's really annoying.

What can we do about it? I mean, I can get it, in order to bring keypad to enter passcode it may cause an issue, ok. But, what about longer time settings? Set it to 4 hours and you won't get keypad for 4 hours, however, it slides back then brings Home Screen again, which is really weird. Turning Passcode Lock off makes it work as it should be. Grrr!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 10:53:08 AM by lostreaper »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 07:08:38 AM »
2. I will look into it, and hopefully fix it.  I thought I had done, but I guess not :(

3. Alright, no worries :)  Just the folders, or other icons too?  Is the icon that disappears the last app you launched on your home screen?  Try disabling "Unlock Animation" and "Icon Animation", to see if something there was causing that.

4. Does it do it any other times?  We can add in something that saves the position across resprings and reboots.

5. Interesting for it fixing the Assistive touch, someone else reported doing that didn't help it.  Anyway, I will check out the bugging out on Cydia respiring, as that shouldn't bypass the lock screen and thus the loading up code.

6. Ah, maybe just a missed graphic change then. I know we don't do the button to answer or decline though :s (yet at least, maybe something for the to-do list).

Eh, probably not safe, although for lower level stuff, where nothing is tied to other personal accounts in any way, and no passwords reused on any emails or anything, it doesn't make a difference in the grand scheme of things, most people wouldn't be listening or tracking you, and even then they wouldn't know who or what you are ;)  man, that long? :o  I have been around longer than the forums say if that is when it was released, as I have been around since WD 2.x :o  Sigh, what am I doing with my life... :P  Nah, I enjoy this stuff :)

Not sure about the cloud flare then, unless your ISP perhaps changed something, or right when you posted you switched out IP, which I think happens every month or so?  Although if you never got it before that is odd, although the cloud flare is recent-ish, within the past 6 months it was upped even more I think.   It could also be that the server was having issues, unless you had the CAPTCHA as well.  Perhaps someone was attempting to DDoS the server from an IP close to yours.

Assistive touch should go transparent after about 20 seconds of not being touched/moved/opened.

Ohhhhh!  Yeah, having a passcode enabled will make the screen slide back into place, and then call the native unlock code which will bring in the keypad and let the system handle it to be more secure and cause less issues.  However, if you have it set to not show the passcode until after 4 hours, it would just look weird.   Perhaps there is a different BOOL I can use that will only return true if it is passcode locked for the time being, rather than just generally.  Good catch there mate!

Offline lostreaper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 12:02:44 PM »
3. Both. As I said it before, folders and icons in 2nd and 3rd pages disappear. Just tried it now and found a fix (= If you touch/tap below or above the folder that opened on the screen it works without an issue. But if you press Home Button then it makes trouble. (No, I don't have Sara enabled) Right now it didn't crash but it made both icons and folders disappear on 2nd and 3rd page and Maps app icon disappeared on Home Screen. It wasn't the last app that I launched. Woow! It changes icons as you lock and unlock the device or just swipe to 2nd page and swipe back to Home Screen. Now Maps came back but Stocks gone. Swept back and forth and Stocks is there but Photos gone. (App Store, Maps, Stocks, Photos, App Store, Maps...) Seems like only 3rd row icons disappearing randomly and only those 4 are affected. Not others. Since I just found the workaround, I'll pass disabling daemons. (=

4. Update on this one. Turns out, if you use Assistive Touch to lock the device it reposition itself every time to top left of the screen. But if you press Power/Sleep Button or lock from SBSettings or lock with an Activator shortcut (I made 2 shortcuts for Home Button and Sleep like double tapping Status Bar acts as Home Button, Tap and Hold acts as Sleep button) it keeps its position. On Resprings and Reboots it always reposition itself but the location is random.

5. I read that post too but his device is iPod touch or 3G. Maybe the code acts different on different devices.

Better safe than sorry. (= I use Tor when some pages can't be resolved with my ISP though.
Woow, that long? =p I really appreciate the dedication, man. It means a lot for this community. Thank you! (;

I also suspected that CF may getting an attack from an IP range similar to mine as well. And No CAPTCHA was asked. It just checked and allow me to view the site with an empty new thread page.

Assistive Touch can be always transparent, I think there is no need it to be opaque anyway.

Yeah, that douche was there hiding all the time and I suspected so many other things by this time... Grrr. I don't like the defective animation but I can't leave my phone without passlock code, unprotected too. =/

New: App Switcher Respring doesn't work if you swipe close all of the apps on it. When it's alone, it doesn't move. Guess, it doesn't like to be alone! =p
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:14:36 PM by lostreaper »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 02:17:21 AM »
3. The icon animation and unlock animation aren't daemons, but rather part of the UI tweak ;)  They are one of the only things to mess with the icons.  That, and try enabling spotlight as well (that messes with springboard pages)

4.  Oh, that is interesting.  I will check that out.  I don't know why it would, but at least we know what causes it.

5. It shouldn't do, maybe he had other tweaks installed though.

Oh yes, always better safe than sorry. I have to use it on one of my phones on a certain ROM, because otherwise the webpages don't load up (I think because I flashed a Chinese radio, of all things).
Yeah, that long. I am so old now, my beard is going grey from it :(

Ah, then it likely was either a server issue or a DDoS from a similar IP.

I tried to make it more iOS 7 like with dimming and becoming more transparent after a certain amount of time, I will see what can stop it becoming transparent and breaking the code.

I can see if I can fix the passcode lock animation bug when it isn't actually locked.

Hmmm... Well, I shall pass it along to people who pass it along to the developer :)

Offline Panwaffles

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2014, 06:27:01 AM »
Had the phone crash into Safe Mode on an incoming call this morning, I thought that issue was supposed to be solved? Also trying to turn the phone off crashes it too, same way it did on WD7.0.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2014, 02:00:48 AM »
Had the phone crash into Safe Mode on an incoming call this morning, I thought that issue was supposed to be solved? Also trying to turn the phone off crashes it too, same way it did on WD7.0.

Did you restore from a backup when you restored to whited00r 7.1, or happen to install the patch from repod00r before it was taken down?

Also, have you installed the correct patch for whited00r 7.1 from the repo in cydia on every whited00r device by default? (repo.whited00r.com)

Offline Panwaffles

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2014, 04:04:54 AM »
Did you restore from a backup when you restored to whited00r 7.1, or happen to install the patch from repod00r before it was taken down?

Also, have you installed the correct patch for whited00r 7.1 from the repo in cydia on every whited00r device by default? (repo.whited00r.com)

I set it up as a new device and I didn't install the patch from repod00r. I did install the OTA (update 1 I believe it was marked) patch through Cydia.

Offline lostreaper

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »
How about making Assistive Touch transparency vice versa like its default state would be transparent and when touched it gets opaque and starts counting down 3-2-1, then gets transparent again?

Does it seems possible to make Unlock Animation work with Passcode Lock, in locked state (like immediately) as well?

And again, How about adding more toggle to Assistive Touch like Turn Off and Silent? As well as adding them to Control Center?

I also have 2 crashes on incoming calls but it's much lower than the WD7.0. It was like 9/10 and sometimes 10/10 crashes but now it's 1/10 or 2/10 with the new WD7.1 which is really cool!

I got a new strange issue with Summer Time (DST), clock was NOT turned forward in Automatic Mode. I had to turn off Auto and set it manually.

Thx!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2014, 06:58:41 AM »
I set it up as a new device and I didn't install the patch from repod00r. I did install the OTA (update 1 I believe it was marked) patch through Cydia.

Interesting... It shouldn't do that :o  Well, it will sometimes, but no where near as much.  Try disabling control center and see if that fixes the issues.  Also, how often was this happening, just sometimes, or every single time?

How about making Assistive Touch transparency vice versa like its default state would be transparent and when touched it gets opaque and starts counting down 3-2-1, then gets transparent again?

Does it seems possible to make Unlock Animation work with Passcode Lock, in locked state (like immediately) as well?

And again, How about adding more toggle to Assistive Touch like Turn Off and Silent? As well as adding them to Control Center?

I also have 2 crashes on incoming calls but it's much lower than the WD7.0. It was like 9/10 and sometimes 10/10 crashes but now it's 1/10 or 2/10 with the new WD7.1 which is really cool!

I got a new strange issue with Summer Time (DST), clock was NOT turned forward in Automatic Mode. I had to turn off Auto and set it manually.

Thx!

Wait, be transparent to begin with, then on touch it becomes opaque, then becomes transparent?  That's kinda how it works anyway, without the first step.  It just takes around 10-20 seconds to become transparent though.

Do you mean the full slide to unlock animation when showing the passcode?  That is a pain to code as so many things hook into that for positioning :(

Maybe for assisitive touch adding in turn off and silent, but control center even on iOS 7 doesn't have those as far as I know :s  We may change some things up in the future for how control center works, but no solid plans are in place.

The crashes I think are related to when the wifi shuts off, and control center. Do these crashes happen with control center disabled?

Not sure about the automatic time modes not working, could just be an apple bug to begin with, or just some random preference issue :o

Offline Panwaffles

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2014, 02:57:11 PM »
I'd agree with lostreaper that the incoming call crash is much rarer in comparison to WD7.0. I think I had it crash once out of 10 calls as well, so it's definitely much better. Also could these crashes (or something else) interfere with applications that generate synchronized codes for bank/web accounts? Because it keeps getting out of sync ever since I moved to WD7.0.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 06:40:11 AM »
It did take quite a while to track down the major cause of crashes, I was very happy when we finally did find it :)  turns out control center causes a much smaller crash (the one you both are getting as far as I can tell). 

I don't think that could interfere with synchronized codes (two factor authentication type stuff?), however, having the wrong time set on your device may cause that, depending on the type of code and how it is generated.  Double check the time and date are the same as on your computer or some other reliable source.

Offline lostreaper

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 06:39:37 PM »
Enabling Spotlight Search increased on call crashes, thus I disabled it. I'm not using it anyway. However, when it's disabled, Homescreen stops in an awkward way and it cannot be swiped to left even for a pixel wide. I like to play with Homescren back and forth a bit when I use it. I like the easing transition and bounce back anim. =p

If Assistive Touch's first state would be transparent then the visual will stay intact even the code gets broken, imho.

Full slide to unlock anim right after submitting password, yes. it would be cool. (=

Power off and Silent toggles would be great on Control Center as well. Since we have jailbroken iOS, we don't have to stick to the limitations, right? In the mean time, seeing those toggles in Assistive Touch would be great.

Wifi shuts off? My wifi is long gone and it's off. I haven't' disable CC to see if crashes continues. As I told above, crashes go crazy when Spotlight Search is enabled.

Update:
Pin entry send/submit/ok button is missing (as well as on Puk entry screen)
Pin unlock still crashes to safe mode (crashes right before Sim locked, wanna unlock it? dialogue appears)
Sms notification badges are still appears under the cam app on the very right of the screen.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 08:45:23 PM by lostreaper »