Author Topic: WD7.1 Bugs on 1st gen iPhone  (Read 8627 times)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: WD7.1 Bugs on 1st gen iPhone
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 03:01:24 AM »
Not sure then as to why you are crashing nonstop :(  did you change any settings before this started happening, or do any scripts in terminal? 

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 05:14:41 AM »
The only app I have is the account sync-code generator for a website, that's all, and I very rarely turn it on.
try installing crash repoter from cydia and give Buan a report so that he can check on it (be careful cydia is a bit messy..... :p )
New Thinking New Possiblities.
Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3

Offline Panwaffles

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2014, 10:34:05 PM »
Not sure then as to why you are crashing nonstop :(  did you change any settings before this started happening, or do any scripts in terminal?

I ended up buying a cheap Alcatel because it's ridiculous how often the crashing would occur and it ended up making the phone useless in some cases. Is it possible to download WD6 somewhere?

I only turned off Location Services, Spotlight Search and removed the other languages at the start, if I'm not mistaken. I then followed the advice on turning the Control Center and the multitasking off. Didn't do any scripts in the terminal.

Offline lostreaper

• Poor Rocket Scientist who owns 1st Gen iPhone
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2014, 10:58:41 PM »
I don't know why spotlight would crash the phone :o  Especially when enabled, disabled maybe as a tweak messes with it then, but enabled, I don't know :o

You can still have spotlight enabled page wise, and have the daemon itself disabled by installing "Spotlight Override" from Repod00r in Cydia and turning spotlight "On" the override switch "Off", although you may need to toggle the override switch on/off once to get the value to write to the file (after that don't worry about it).

Hmmm... I will look into fixing Assisitive Touch rather than doing a workaround ;) Don't want anything running away code wise!

I don't like messing with the lock screen animations, that's one of the big reasons the LS Bounce option crashes a lot :/  I will see what I can do though!

I don't want to end up making control center like SBSettings, although that would be cool and the thought did cross my mind to make it like that, and able to load up custom switches which even users could learn to make. I'm concerned what the speed will end up being once a whole bunch of options and switches start getting built for it :(

Hmmm... Maybe it is something else to do with the longer sleep of the device then, not wifi.  I will see if there are other things relating to that which could cause a crash.

Not sure for the PIN entry buttons, I never get that screen on my device so I can't ever test that :(

Notification badges weren't really looked into as the icon animation is of itself a beta option in a way. Was just done in a day or two just for fun on my part to see what could be done, and cleaned up as much as I could. Seeing it wasn't an essential feature and wasn't needed to fix crash wise, it was put on the end of the list of things to do (although the code for icon animations was changed around a little bit and optimized more). We focused on the stability and the major overall graphics, such as the buttons for done, send, okay and such, as well as other readability improvements for white on white text being removed more. :(  Icon animation code and the notification badge bug kind of was forgotten in all that :(

Oh, I had to quote on my own thread =p

Jokes aside, well, Spotlight isn't crashing the phone but I see more crashes when it's enabled. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

The workaround seemed a bit complex to me and I better stick with the stock WD7.1 with the patch. Speaking of which, Why don't you guys create a thread for WD7.1 patches only and keep it up to date? As a broken wifi owner, it's really pain in the ass to check it with cydia for me. You can also post it on twitter and facebook which will help so many user for sure.

Assistive Touch is still opaque on me, it barely gets transparent. Maybe the way I suggested is more suitable for WD, instead of being a workaround.

Hmm, then maybe I should disable LS Bounce option to lower the crashes on incoming calls. Which btw, increased a lot for some reason. The crash stayed () for about 5 mins yesterday, it stuck on SWOD screen and I had to plug charge cable to bring it back. Normally it lasts about 10 seconds then I can asnwer the phone. I also having crashes when launching text app. This is new...

Adding a few more toggles won't make Control Center a SBSettings clone, IMHO.

Longer deep sleeps, hmm. Btw, my "not waking up on incoming calls and text" issue is back. I hadn't have it after I upgraded to WD7 and WD7.1 and I started thinking about it's a software issue instead of one of you guyz stated that it's hardware recently. But then, it came back.. =/

Yeah, I read about it before. But then, you may consider my message as a reminder. =p

As another visual thingy, I must say that the magnifier and auto correct on Notes app is still yellow. It's like a passage way to past iOS versions, maybe it may even shows the past deleted posts, uh? =p

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2014, 01:48:25 AM »
I ended up buying a cheap Alcatel because it's ridiculous how often the crashing would occur and it ended up making the phone useless in some cases. Is it possible to download WD6 somewhere?

I only turned off Location Services, Spotlight Search and removed the other languages at the start, if I'm not mistaken. I then followed the advice on turning the Control Center and the multitasking off. Didn't do any scripts in the terminal.

If you didn't use the English language only, that could explain the heavy crashing... That being said, having set up as a new device in iTunes and not restoring from a backup, as well as no extra tweaks from Cydia, shouldn't have caused massive amounts of crashing on Whited00r 7.1 :o 
You can download whited00r 6 from the source forge, although the App Time Machine doesn't work on it, and you don't get forum troubleshooting support (and Sara/the fast app switcher are even buggier on that).

Oh, I had to quote on my own thread =p

Jokes aside, well, Spotlight isn't crashing the phone but I see more crashes when it's enabled. Maybe it's just a coincidence.

The workaround seemed a bit complex to me and I better stick with the stock WD7.1 with the patch. Speaking of which, Why don't you guys create a thread for WD7.1 patches only and keep it up to date? As a broken wifi owner, it's really pain in the ass to check it with cydia for me. You can also post it on twitter and facebook which will help so many user for sure.

Assistive Touch is still opaque on me, it barely gets transparent. Maybe the way I suggested is more suitable for WD, instead of being a workaround.

Hmm, then maybe I should disable LS Bounce option to lower the crashes on incoming calls. Which btw, increased a lot for some reason. The crash stayed () for about 5 mins yesterday, it stuck on SWOD screen and I had to plug charge cable to bring it back. Normally it lasts about 10 seconds then I can asnwer the phone. I also having crashes when launching text app. This is new...

Adding a few more toggles won't make Control Center a SBSettings clone, IMHO.

Longer deep sleeps, hmm. Btw, my "not waking up on incoming calls and text" issue is back. I hadn't have it after I upgraded to WD7 and WD7.1 and I started thinking about it's a software issue instead of one of you guyz stated that it's hardware recently. But then, it came back.. =/

Yeah, I read about it before. But then, you may consider my message as a reminder. =p

As another visual thingy, I must say that the magnifier and auto correct on Notes app is still yellow. It's like a passage way to past iOS versions, maybe it may even shows the past deleted posts, uh? =p

Haha yeah, that happens ;)

Weird indeed. Not too much of a workaround, more to see if just having the daemon disabled worked better with less crashes ;) Seeing it was made by a whited00r developer and also native to the settings, it is clean to use as well and shouldn't conflict with anything or break anything :)

Well there is something wrong with the code if it isn't working as it is meant to, which I would prefer to do for stability reasons in case that could lead to memory leaks or something of the sort (it is a timer running code after a period of time, so that could happen)

LS Bounce does cause crashes, but shouldn't cause a crash on receiving a call :o  I need to go deeper into the code to figure out what causes these crashes, as it appears to be related to the system sleeping after a period of time.
Texting app crashing is bad, if you mean the messages app... Otherwise it could just be a cache file build up on the app causing it to crash (weird, but my brother had that on stock jailbroken iOS 4)

No, it wouldn't, but it does require the need to allow users to configure the order of the toggles, and if we did that, I would want to just go ahead and make it modular for toggles so anyone can make them and load them up into it :( (saves time in the long run)

Not waking up on incoming calls isn't normal, and I don't *think* it is caused by a  tweak we made. Perhaps by a daemon we disabled, but not by a tweak :o

Well thanks for the reminder :) When I have spare time and have fixed all the crash related bugs I will try and get around to it ;)

Only for the notes app?  That's odd... Perhaps it is an image that wasn't switched over to the new background.

Offline Panwaffles

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2014, 07:16:31 PM »
Thank you for the link, I'll definitely go back to WD6 because I never experienced a single crash on it.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2014, 05:20:57 AM »
Thank you for the link, I'll definitely go back to WD6 because I never experienced a single crash on it.

Well you got off lucky then! ;)

Hopefully we can figure out what caused all that crashing for you once we release a debug version of some of the more prominent tweaks (no worries on your end, but you may want to upgrade once we release the OTA update for the fix).

Considering that WD7 and 7.1 are such large updates and change so much, a couple crashes here and there are normal, and we did improve stability greatly from 7 to 7.1, it just seems that some people still have issues :(  (although thankfully no where as many people)

If there are any apps you want on WD6, I would download them now and back them up before restoring though, because the App Time Machine no longer works for WD6!

Offline Panwaffles

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2014, 11:12:53 AM »
Sorry to bother you again, but would you mind uploading WD6 for 2G instead? Just noticed that one was for 3G.

Offline lostreaper

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2014, 12:34:31 PM »
Just pick the one you need (; (unlocked)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/whited00r/files/6.0/

Offline Panwaffles

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2014, 12:43:26 PM »
Not sure how I missed the folder, thanks. :)

Offline jacktory

• View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2014, 07:59:52 PM »
1st i have restore a backup with itunes of whitedoor 7.1, and than in 2nd time i have put a clean 7.1 wd
on my ihpne 1st gen.

on a first days all is good , than when i import all contacts from phone sim
some times when incoming call i have crash and it go in safe mode.... :(

Offline lostreaper

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2014, 08:24:46 PM »
Hey Bruan, is there any update on the horizon? And if so, would you please post it on an update specific post on the forum? As you know I don't have wifi and it's pain in the ass to make the phone get connected. And I'd also like to get those updates as .deb files.

Cheerz!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2014, 06:15:49 AM »
1st i have restore a backup with itunes of whitedoor 7.1, and than in 2nd time i have put a clean 7.1 wd
on my ihpne 1st gen.

on a first days all is good , than when i import all contacts from phone sim
some times when incoming call i have crash and it go in safe mode.... :(

Welcome to the forums :)

there is a workaround for fixing the incoming call crash, until we can track it down internally as to why it breaks. It is fixed by installing insomnia, from the instructions in this post:
[Solved] No Push Notifications While the Screen is Off

Hey Bruan, is there any update on the horizon? And if so, would you please post it on an update specific post on the forum? As you know I don't have wifi and it's pain in the ass to make the phone get connected. And I'd also like to get those updates as .deb files.

Cheerz!

On the horizon, yes, we do want to have a bug free WD7.x at some point ;) I would post it both on Facebook and the announcements board, or at least update the thread for that.   We may also at some point put into play a email notification newsletter type thing for releases and important information, but for now I think Facebook and twitter cover that.

.deb files maybe, although installing via cydia auto install would not be recommended for these. I could just send them off to you if you contact me to remind me to do that when it is released :)

Offline lostreaper

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2014, 12:23:21 PM »
So, the latest one is still 7.1.2 then. Btw, I meant 7.1.x OTA updates, not half major 7.x ones.

Yeah, twitter would be good.

About .deb files, do not worry, I could install 'em via Terminal or iFile too. (=

Thanks!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2014, 10:02:40 PM »
So, the latest one is still 7.1.2 then. Btw, I meant 7.1.x OTA updates, not half major 7.x ones.

Yeah, twitter would be good.

About .deb files, do not worry, I could install 'em via Terminal or iFile too. (=

Thanks!

yeah, 7.1.2 is still the latest.  Ohhh, well, yes, 7.1.x updates will come via OTA.

Not worried about installing so much, more that I would forget to send them to you without reminder ;)  (although installing via terminal or iFile would be better)