Author Topic: Navigation Title and Button Graphic Bugs in WD7.1  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Sir Roven

• Dev Android | Iphone 3G Intro
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Navigation Title and Button Graphic Bugs in WD7.1
« on: March 25, 2014, 01:24:03 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm from Portugal so use the iphone 3G EN language and encounter the bug that has persisted in WD7 and continues in WD7.1 and consists of a graphical bug that I'm willing to be corrected if image error if the try code but I'll need help. the bug is as follows:

the first image you can see that is well translated but notice that in the second image is not equal ie missing the "s" to complete the translation; hope I have been clear in explaining.

Summarizing the blue is the correct and vermenho is wrong or is supposed to be in red and blue is.

Another Bug is Another bug is network is not translated into Portuguese as seen in the image and should be "Mobile Data / PT-PT: Dados Móveis".

All, Sir Roven

Edit by Bruan to provide more keywords in the title for future reference :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 07:10:25 AM by Bruan »
Developer Android on XDA MediaTek Devices
Introducing to a world to old IDevices
_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Navigation Title and Button Graphic Bugs in WD7.1
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 07:15:08 AM »
Hi there :)

This isn't so much a bug, as a feature (heh).  It is part of the code preventing the titles from overlapping with different localizations.  Before hand when we let the titles go as wide as they needed to accommodate all the wording, it very quickly went over the title of the page you were on.  We compromised, and cut off the title and the back button text (iOS 7 does this to some extent, although it seems they also push the titles out further along if needed. We may try and do that in the future).

Nothing can be done to fix this, unless we update the tweak to better handle that aspect of the UI. It took quite a lot of digging to even get it that far along, with the speed it has and 0 impact on the system memory/CPU wise.

For the translation issue, it probably is more likely that 3.1.3 doesn't translate that into Portuguese, or else that title would be too long so it just switched to "Network".  Or it is modified in the file for the settings app, although that seems odd that everything else would be untouched, I mean, even the Whited00r Settings is localized there :s

Offline Sir Roven

• Dev Android | Iphone 3G Intro
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Navigation Title and Button Graphic Bugs in WD7.1
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 08:16:11 PM »
Is worth it but hopefully in the future can be resolved: D
Developer Android on XDA MediaTek Devices
Introducing to a world to old IDevices
_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_