Author Topic: suggestions for WD7.1.x/ 7.2  (Read 19462 times)

Offline DingDingDongGames

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
suggestions for WD7.1.x/ 7.2
« on: March 28, 2014, 11:25:46 PM »
Hey guys! Just thought I'd make a list of suggestions for whited00r 7.1.x/7.2 :)

1. Real time blur for control centre, like actual life blur that changes with the background

2. If possible, blurs all across the system ( nav bars, Notifications, pop ups, etc. )

3. Make assistive touch work with multiple taps and holds.

4. Maybe make the ui look like ios 7.1 :)

5. Not to hurry you guys but NOTIFICATION CENTRE PLEEEASE

6. Crap cleaner in the configurator maybe

7. Use the cydia icon from wd7.0 ( the one from app market)

8. More ios 7 like animations and lock keypad

9. Make sara compatible with backgrounder, maybe make backgrounder run be defult or something.

10. Keyboard for Sara cuz I have a iPod and having to use earbuds is a little annoying :p

Hi guys what's up

Offline 3DayTheory

• View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
Re: suggestions for WD7.1.x/ 7.2
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 12:13:44 AM »
i cant answer any other questions but i know Notification centre will be a paid tweak if they do do it

Offline Sir Roven

• Dev Android | Iphone 3G Intro
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 01:41:49 AM »
Dingdingdonggames good suggestions +1 :D
Developer Android on XDA MediaTek Devices
Introducing to a world to old IDevices
_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 02:14:44 AM »
Dingdingdonggames good suggestions +1 :D

Yay :)
Hi guys what's up

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 02:17:00 AM »
i cant answer any other questions but i know Notification centre will be a paid tweak if they do do it

I know that, but i want it like, now. (not rushing you Ed developers :p )
Hi guys what's up

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2014, 07:33:15 PM »
1. You do realize even getting the bur down like it is in under half a second to create was a miracle right? It already struggles as is with keeping the blur looking right on drag of the finger too, it is a split second behind where the finger is on the screen.  Live blur to actually update when something changes behind the blur is pretty much impossible if you actually want to use the device and control center.  The device does not have the hardware to handle this.  Even the iPhone 4 cannot handle blurs like that well on the real iOS 7, and that has much better hardware than anything whited00r runs on, as well as official support for iOS 7.  Whited00r can do a lot, but it cannot improve the hardware so you can run CPU/GPU intensive operations (speaking of which, these devices can't even handle OpenGLES 2.0...).

2. Same goes for above. The blurs on the nav bars and anything else is not possible.  Mainly, because of how the apps are built on all firmwares up to iOS 7 pretty much. The views that look like they go behind navigation bars don't actually go behind them, so there is nothing to blur.  That, and the fact that there is no possibility for a usable live blur, ever because of the hardware.  (even if the apps themselves actually provided the design to do it, which we cannot change)  Popups and notifications maybe, but again, live blurs are not possible.

3. This is something we will try to do, although it may not be able to work with other tweaks depending on how the tweaks work... 

4. You do realize whited00r 7 in itself took months to get how it is, and the UI was still being improved even in the 7.1 release? ;) It doesn't even look 100% like iOS 7, although it is really close, or the best you can get on these devices, as well as still giving speed on top of all that...

5. These things take time ;)

6. Don't need to wait for us to make it, you can modify cleanup scripts to work with the configurator.  As is, the configurator is very expandable, and anyone can add toggles and scripts into it, even grouping toggles together or making another page entirely. At some point, I will get to writing documentation on that, and a little tutorial.

7. If we remember, we will, provided it is actually what Cydia itself uses and not just some little modification we made ;)

8. Older devices don't have the hardware for good smooth animations to begin with, or even the nice frameworks to work with for doing fancy animations. iOS 7 has all the previous iOS versions new frameworks for animations (even iOS 4 has better animation support/API), plus an all new private framework for animations.  We don't have any of that, or time to code it (which would be pointless anyway as the hardware doesn't support it).  Lock keypad is a paid to do, it doesn't like being repositioned or resized, it messes up other animations in the system and also breaks the keypad itself. We did attempt it briefly, but decided to postpone working on it because of the amount of work required to get it working nicely how the rest of WD 7 behaves and feels.

9. Oh gosh. Do you know how bad that would be on the system?  Your device would be pretty much unusable. The lag induced from that would make you want to shoot your device. Anyway, because of the version of backgrounder we use, we can't stop it from being activated on hold of the home button, even though we may be able to get it to enable apps to be backgrounded by default. So, either way, it will conflict as there is no way to change the activation method on this version.

10. I doubt this will be put in :(

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 11:34:18 AM »
6. Don't need to wait for us to make it, you can modify cleanup scripts to work with the configurator.  As is, the configurator is very expandable, and anyone can add toggles and scripts into it, even grouping toggles together or making another page entirely. At some point, I will get to writing documentation on that, and a little tutorial.
I may look into this as the scripts could be modified to clean up other stuff as well.
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 06:55:10 AM »
I may look into this as the scripts could be modified to clean up other stuff as well.

Oh yeah, very easy.  Don't even need a toggle to have it run every time you apply settings, although it would be good for disabling it from running ;). You could have buttons used instead to run the code, and some checks in the executable that stops it running on applying of the settings, if it takes too long.   

Offline vucko024

• View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 07:20:30 PM »
Hello guy a have Whited00r 7.1.2 and i have some graphical bugs but my sugestion is:
1.New calednar icon (all white) just like ios 7 
2.Fix in Safari some buttons like "clear" because it is white text on white background
3.Better unlock animation (just like on ios 7 and ios 7.1)
4.Bar on the top of the screen to be more transperent or to remove it (look on  the ios 7 and ios 7.1)
5.Battery icon to look like ios 7 icon not like ios 6
6.Control Center to have a bounce effect (like on ios 7.1)
7.When some one call me when my iPhone 2g is at sleep it look like ios 6 to slide to answer (in ios 7 it look like a power of but green)
8.iPhone 2g has a bug for incoming calls it goes in safe mode can you please fix it in new update or patch  :)

Please replay if this can you guys do or you dont gonna do  :)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 08:07:25 PM »
Welcome to the forums :)

Posting in multiple places won't get you answers quicker by the way ;)

1. Something we are looking into :P
2. We tried to cover all of that in WD7.1, although some things were missed. Overall though, many of those things were fixed. Takes a lot of time to track down all these things in 3.1.3.
3. That's really pushing the device. As is, 3.1.3 doesn't really have any fancy animation frameworks, whereas iOS 7 has an entirely new framework, as well as running on hardware capable of handling advanced animations.  So in short, what we have in WD7 is kind of already the best out there for these devices. Be thankful it is even in there! ;)
4. do you mean the status bar?  On 3.1.3 the status bar handles differently than on other iOS versions so we have done the best we can for now :(
5. Battery icon on the lock screen,or in the status bar?  The status bar one supposedly has a small graphical issue which is why it looks more like iOS 6.
6. Animations with anything is a stretch on the hardware and software side, and also as is, the blur in the control center doesn't animate properly. Animating it bouncing wouldn't look good unless you had the blur disabled.
7. We know about the sliders for the power down and the slide to answer and such, lots of things have to be weighed as to what we can put in and still keep speed and stability.
8. It shouldn't do, especially if you are on WD7.1 without having restored from a backup in iTunes.  If you still have it, try disabling the control center and see if that helps.

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2014, 12:50:54 AM »
Could you guys include powerapp in the next whited00r? It's a small app from cydia, but i like it and it's rather useful.   :D
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline AnimateDread

• SuperHero Member
  • Learning developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 02:22:03 AM »
We do not include Cydia stuff, we write our features from the ground up. I could add these in control center though (not assistive touch because not everybody use it).
where the settings are in control center (wifi, airplane, rotation etc) I could change that to a UIScrollView, so we could scroll the toggles to reveal more :D and maybe even make it dynamic and add the possibility for users to make their own toggles :O like the whited00r configurator :)
Soutient en Francais ici

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 03:22:44 AM »
Ok. While it's not going to be included, I'm glad I sparked some ideas!  ;D
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 03:41:47 AM »
We do not include Cydia stuff, we write our features from the ground up. I could add these in control center though (not assistive touch because not everybody use it).
where the settings are in control center (wifi, airplane, rotation etc) I could change that to a UIScrollView, so we could scroll the toggles to reveal more :D and maybe even make it dynamic and add the possibility for users to make their own toggles :O like the whited00r configurator :)

That is what I talked to you about changing and adding in mate -__-  I have code to show you for doing that as well, it is quite easy :) (even making a theos template, for the most part)

Offline vucko024

• View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 06:10:36 PM »
Hi guy i have some sugestions :D
1.Can you make a animated clock on hemoescreen like on ios 7 :)
2.Can you make a new "slide to unlock" animation :)
3.Can you make a animated weather app
4.Can you make a 5 signal circles (now there are 3 circuals)

I have one question for you guys :) when is update or patch going to come ? :D Good job guy for all this work you done to make iOS 3.1.3 look like iOS 7.1 :D