Author Topic: Twitter Application Unable to Uninstall on WD7.1  (Read 1260 times)

Offline mr_legend

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
Twitter Application Unable to Uninstall on WD7.1
« on: June 01, 2014, 06:29:05 PM »
 :'(

Hi guys I'm having a massive, massive problem with Twitter.IPA. After a long day of pulling my hair out I finally managed to set-up Whited00r which BTW is awesome. So I decided what better way than to start then by using my favourite social networking tool only to find out it kicked me straight back out onto the home menu. To make matters worse when I tried to delete it both directly on the I-Phone, I-Tunes and even I-Fun-Box it simply won't disappear and let me have a chance to download a new one. Every time I attempt to delete it I get an error code (Ex8000043) and it resurrects.  ::)

Basically long story short all I was wondering if there was a way to either fix the "It won't open problem" or find away to uninstall it completely and use a different version (there were 2 in the App store but mine the faster version kicked me out).

Anything possible with terminal?

Edit by Bruan to provide more relevant keywords for finding this thread later on via searches :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 03:13:45 AM by Bruan »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: The Indestructible (and massively unwanted) Twitter
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 01:24:43 AM »
Welcome to the forums :)

I do have a couple questions to start figuring out what your problem is:
What whited00r version do you have installed, Whited00r 7, or 7.1 (with the latest OTA patch from repo.whited00r.com as well to give you 7.1.2)?
When you restored to whited00r, did you set up as a new device, or restore from a backup to get your data back?
How did you install the twitter application?

I'm going to guess you are on whited00r 7.1, and you installed the application from the App Time Machine though, because you are saying it does not let you re-install the application, which was a new addition as of whited00r 7.1, but only for applications installed through the App Time Machine on 7.1, but if not, and even if right, I do still need the information about setting up as a new device or not!

There is a way to remove the app forcibly not using the typical uninstall methods, but first I want to make sure that's the right thing to do in this case ;)

Offline mr_legend

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 08:40:29 AM »
Hi Bruan thanks for getting back to me I sincerely appreciate that.  :)

Basically I should probably start by mentioning my device is an Ipod Touch 8GB 2nd Generation MC Model. The firmware it originally had was IOS 4.2.1. and I did originally try to upload a twitter ipa on it initially through I-Fun-Slots (while it wasn't jailbroken) but that didn't work so I deleted it (successfully) immediately.

After I installed greenpois0n I then installed Whited00r 7.1 (offline) by booting it in DFU mode and installing it through I-tunes. Then naturally the first thing I did was access the App Store (The App Time Machine Version) and tried to install several apps (IMDB, Facebook, Twitter, Livescore ETC) and the version of twitter I downloaded was the "faster" version. However when I attempted to open it, it attempted to start then booted me onto the main menu. So I figured I'd try to install the "newer" version of it through the Apptimemachine store (which failed as it said a version was already installed). So I then attempted to remove it via I-Tunes & I Fun Slots but keep receiving an 0xE8000043 error code in both. I tried to delete it manually by holding down the app on the touch and it still didn't work. Even tried to delete it simultaneously on both devices to no avail.

I don't believe I have updated to 7.1.2 unless it's an automatic cydia update. I'd appreciate any help you could give me guys?

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 03:52:40 PM »
I don't believe I have updated to 7.1.2 unless it's an automatic cydia update. I'd appreciate any help you could give me guys?
I don't think the update will fix your issue but you should update as all you have to do is open Cydia and upgrade the package. Normally the updates include fixes for bugs.
The best way to remove the app would be to install ifunbox to your computer (or iFile on the device) open up where the apps are installed (/var/mobile/Applications I think) and delete the folder called twitter (or something like this)and that should uninstall it.
If you are doing it via iFile enable application names in the settings and it will make it easier ;)
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Twitter Application Unable to Uninstall on WD7.1
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 03:17:36 AM »
During the install of twitter, or any of the other applications, did you attempt to background the app, or close out of the app, or lock the screen while it was installing?

It seems the install for twitter was interrupted, which is why you cannot remove it as the permissions are not correctly set.

You can fix that and start again by just re-installing the app from the App Time Machine (even the version that didn't work, just to test), by doing what itechy21 said.  Get iFile or iFunBox and navigate to /var/mobile/Applications.
Now, in that folder, there are a lot of folders that have really random names.  Go through those, until you find one that contains a folder named "Twitter.app" or very close to that.  When you find it, delete the folder you found it in - the randomly named one in /var/mobile/Applications

After that you can just re-install from the App Time Machine :)