Author Topic: Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 30921 times)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD
« on: June 04, 2014, 04:43:57 PM »
    Discussion rules!
    Read this before posting!
    Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - READ BEFORE POSTING!

and, a quote from that post above... (still read the whole thing please.)

Feature Requests/Suggestions
    Now, you probably think "I bet they don't know I want this feature!", well, let me tell you, you are probably wrong. Unless you want the device to be able to communicate with Australia via Morse Code natively, we probably know what you want.
    Every year as the new iOS rolls around, we get inundated with requests for features. Always the same sort of requests too. There requests fall under normally two or three categories:

• Feature Requests for new features present in the new iOS. It may sound funny, but people actually request these features on a forum and project solely dedicated to providing as many of said features as we can, all for free. We already know you want these features. ;)  However, we do have experience with this and what is possible and not, both in time needed and effort that can be put forth, or even just physically possible with the devices. We talk a lot in private boards debating what can be done and can't done, and then get to work. Asking us for features never increases the likelihood they will be made, unless you can also provide some idea as to how to accomplish that goal. This is a community driven project, and while all the team members may be brillaintly smart ( :P), we can't think of everything. We welcome gladly requests with suggestions on how to accomplish said feature. Those are productive. Just asking for a feature is not, because it doesn't change our ideas of what we can and can't do.
    • Requests for Cydia tweaks to be built in (Paid and free ones).  We do get loads of requests for certain tweaks to be pre-installed on the firmware, sometimes not even relevant to the actual firmware's goal of providing a higher iOS look and feel, but rather just as a convenience to that one user to save them the time of installing it. That is not the point of whited00r. Every extra tweak we put in is another slowdown on the system, and we go for speed before features always, especially when those features have nothing to do with what we are about. Also, we will never include a paid tweak in whited00r. We are against piracy entirely. Go support those developers!  >:(
    • Requests for features physically impossible. These requests generally fall along the lines of wanting a new service rather than feature, like iTunes music, Continuity, AirDrop, or similar. None of these are possible due to the closed source nature of iOS and all the services of higher firmwares. Nothing can ever be done to enable these sorts of features. They all either rely on higher firmware capabilities, or else require different hardware entirely. We cannot ever make these services work with the official apple ones, and we aren't about to go making our own services. Only thing we may ever do is an iCloud type thing, but that wouldn't sync across the real iCloud, only your computer or dropbox like the days of old.  That being said, if you have some suggestion, just like above, for how to accomplish something without requiring a server set up on our end, please tell us!

So, if you happen to be thinking of making a feature request and it falls under the above, aside from what we said we like, please consider not doing so because you just will be linked to this thread and quoted the relevant section(s).

This is a thread that will be updated with all the general discussions for specific bits that are created, as well as a general discussion thread in general.

So, for example, someone makes a thread just about a couple (e.g. one or two things), and that topic is just for discussing those things. That helps us keep track of it and not have tons of different topics for specific features all scattered around. We will link to that thread in here, so you can join in.  If you make your own when one already exists, you will be told to post there or else just have your thread merged into it, unless it is significant enough to stand on its own.

Otherwise, for those of you that need some things explained or just like to bulk suggest things (following the READ BEFORE POSTING rules linked above of course), then this thread is for you :)[/list]

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
    • SuperHero Member
    • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
      • View Profile
    • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
    • My Computer: Windows
    Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD
    « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 10:25:44 PM »
    Whited00r likes to make a close clone of newer iOS'es; so if you're looking for a way to actually find out about the new features, you might want to check out the link below. ;)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eAHnxsESL1E

Edit: if you have iOS 8 beta 1, getting beta 2 should be as easy as checking for an update in the settings app.
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 02:46:49 AM by MarioKartEpicness »
    You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
    • 3GS BABY !
      • View Profile
    • Device: iPhone 2G
    • My Computer: Mac
    Re: Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD
    « Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 01:11:01 AM »
    Double tap the home button reviles favorites in contact list... First we need to make a favorites bar in contacts then when we double tap the home button the people in our favorites pop up like in iOS 8  (or we can do recents , what ever is Easyer)
    Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
    • Administrator
    • SuperHero Member
    • Methuselah
      • View Profile
      • Bruan_WD Twitter
    « Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 05:10:01 AM »
    Whited00r likes to make a close clone of newer iOS'es; so if you're looking for a way to actually find out about the new features, you might want to check out the link below. ;)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=eAHnxsESL1E

Thank you for that!  ;)  I think we are covered on getting betas where needed. I may end up picking up a new device just to use iOS 8 on because I don't want to update my iPhone 5 because I do some development for iOS 7.

Double tap the home button reviles favorites in contact list... First we need to make a favorites bar in contacts then when we double tap the home button the people in our favorites pop up like in iOS 8  (or we can do recents , what ever is Easyer)

Aye, that would be nice. We shall see :)

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
    • Old is Smart!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 05:04:02 PM »
    my suggestion is very less
    1)reminder app notification
    2)spotlight search like in IOS8
    3)all bugs solve
    i suppose it will take less time to make WD8 because IOS7 and 8 are the same (almost)
    i wouldnt suggest any new featurs because the device cant run :(
    New Thinking New Possiblities.
    Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
    And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
    • Global Moderator
    • SuperHero Member
    • Well errr... Stuff :3
      • View Profile
      • My Blog
    • Device: iPod Touch 1G
    « Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 05:22:30 PM »
    my suggestion is very less
    1)reminder app notification
    2)spotlight search like in IOS8
    3)all bugs solve
    i suppose it will take less time to make WD8 because IOS7 and 8 are the same (almost)
    i wouldnt suggest any new featurs because the device cant run :(
    1. The developer for reminders has disappeared. But I'm sure something could be done...
    2. Some of apples internal things a closed source but it may be possible...
    3. That depends on the time it takes. All the bugs from whited00r 7 are still being tracked down but I'm sure something may be worked out...
    Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
    Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
    • 3GS BABY !
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 02:04:20 AM »
    Photos in notes.. Just saw that if possible can that be added
    Photo countdown timer in camera
    More suggestions soon.
    Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline PHJayvee1G

• iPod touch 1G User From Philippines.
      • View Profile
    • Device: iPod Touch 1G
    « Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 10:36:46 AM »
    Camera zoom controled by finger spread and pinch
    Speed over Design

Offline luunhatminh1999

• I'll make the world go round.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 11:10:32 AM »
    Oh I've read somewhere Apple provided devs 4000 different API codes for features in their app to match iOS 8 features. I wonder if it could help something with WD8 features?
    My suggestion: do your best to have as much feature as possible to match iOS 8 :P
    Ok just kidding, here's some of my idea for improvement:
    1/ I saw that there used to be a newspaper app on WD 6. Why don't you make it again, but instead of reading newspapaper, try WD news :) ex: a place where devs can post news instead of facebook :) (probably difficult and requires lots of effort).
    2/ Improvement on the Reminder app. I was confused when using it. Really tricky, same theme as ios's app but not as easy to use.
    3/ Make some icon (yeah just icon, no need to be work) of new apps on iOS 8 just to look like real (health, passport, etc.).
    4/ if possible, speed improvement to make WD tweaks work more efficiently and less choppy. (i know, just simply disable as much feature as possible for more speed, but I said 'if' :P )
    5/ Cycorder is an open source, so why don't you make a theme to look like real? WD 7 advertised the ios 7 theme of Cycorder on main page but actually there was no different of WD 6.
    6/ Focus more on themes to balance between everything since lots of people don't know and keep asking why those letters are so hard to read, why my button is red, blue, green,... And, Yeah, including a small handmake tweak to make the power off theme like ios 7.1
    7/ Make animation to slide and switch between camera modes such as time lapse, video, square,... But no need to make it work, do exactly what you did to the do not disturb button in control center: this function is currently not available...
    8/ So the do not disturb feature was 'currently not available'. So, please make it work :)
    9/ (Out of topic) The quick access to camera on lockscreen ought to go back to the lockscreen again rather than go straight into homescreen when I press the home button. What's more, if passcode is turned on, still needs to enter password prior to use the camera. Not useful at all, still take time.
    -> In conclusion, I think WD team should focus more on theming than making new features, since old generation devices lacks of speed and lack of resource on iOS 3. I wanted a theme to match exactly like ios 8, even actually they don't work :D
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    I dislike everything - except Whited00r 6 & Whited00r 7!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
    • 3GS BABY !
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 01:50:02 AM »
    How about an increased Blur setting in WD settings so everything is blurred like the volume thing and the home screen when in app switcher and notifications ect...

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
    • Administrator
    • SuperHero Member
    • Methuselah
      • View Profile
      • Bruan_WD Twitter
    « Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 04:13:45 AM »
    @luunhatminh1999
    1. We may, but really, Facebook is more common for people as it is on the desktop as well as phone ;) 

2. The developer for reminders had a sort of falling out with the rest of the team, so I don't know if we will be getting anything changed with that unless we do something from scratch :(

3. We try not to put any superfluous things on the firmware, for the same reason we don't have privacy settings in the settings app, because there is nothing behind them ;) If we just add things for the sake of it, it becomes cluttered.  (and we get tons of forum posts asking why they don't work even if we state they aren't actual features)

4.  Well, a lot of the new features are very quick for 3.1.3, except for Sara and the iOS 7 App Switcher. Control center is very quick unless you turn on the advanced visual option for having the blur enabled, and really, there is no way to make that quicker. As is it is way past anything you could have hoped for out of this hardware with how quick it is already ;)

5. We may, again, it comes down to time though on what we can and cannot do with balancing all the other things on the plate.

6. I hope you aren't talking about the graphical things that we cannot fix because of apps running as root that was explained in the Whited00r 7.1 FAQ/Bugs and Troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING ;) We decided that instead of making all apps readable, but look nasty graphically overall, and really more of an amateur attempt at the graphics, we went and used white for all the apps we can, aside from root apps, because they cannot be hooked by our UI tweak. Other than the root apps (3-4 really total that work on 3.1.3 and people install, if that), every other app and third party app look very much like iOS 7 for what we can theme in them without reverse engineering the UI on every single app in the App Time Machine. As of Whited00r 7.1, there should be much less white on white text anywhere else in the system aside from what is explained above, as well as the buttons and such should all look much nicer and be readable and/or iOS 7 like (which if you complain about that, you are using the wrong firmware) ;)

7. Again with the adding of features that don't do anything, we don't really want to do that. It makes users upset when something doesn't work, and if it never can work. Control center was a special exception to the rule, simply because we did not have time to do all we had wanted to do.

8. Well, it is on the very long list of things people want. If we were to do it, we would want to do it 100% as a feature, not just a simple disabling of something notification wise. If users want that they can just disable push notifications themselves.

9. That's more of a bug, and sort of not. We will look into how we can change that :)

How about an increased Blur setting in WD settings so everything is blurred like the volume thing and the home screen when in app switcher and notifications ect...

Well seeing the blur is already very very slow to do and is a miracle it blurs where it does, any extra blurs really wouldn't fit in well. None of the blurs are actually "Live". Blurring the volume popup or even the notifications would not look good, because we can't actually update the blur without having a massive hit on performance for when the underneath of those popups/views change.

Offline Sexy

• Apple Fanboy!! JK, i liek Androids. but ily Apple
      • View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 08:33:35 PM »
    Hm, maybe folders maybe?

And, ty to those people who told me that my iPod 3g wouldn't get WD ever and ever (CPvidemaker, mariokart or something, bruan)... I'm buying a used iPod 2nd gen 8gigs, and hopefully i'll get WD7 on monday or tuesday or so... Anyway, good luck with WD8!

P.s. Bruan, weren't u bcooperizcool or something o.o;; weird. What's ur profile pic as well? Is it like a sloth wearing sunglasses with a gun or something? o.o 

OFf topic o.o
    Whited00r 7 emoticons r kinda kewl
    ima try guessing each one
    :) :| :D :D >:D :( :O ;) o.o ?(how to make hitting wall) :P (:) :I :x <3?
    Eyyyyyy I love youu
    Do you love me? <3

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
    • SuperHero Member
    • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 03:29:26 AM »

Hm, maybe folders maybe?

And, ty to those people who told me that my iPod 3g wouldn't get WD ever and ever (CPvidemaker, mariokart or something, bruan)... I'm buying a used iPod 2nd gen 8gigs, and hopefully i'll get WD7 on monday or tuesday or so... Anyway, good luck with WD8!

P.s. Bruan, weren't u bcooperizcool or something o.o;; weird. What's ur profile pic as well? Is it like a sloth wearing sunglasses with a gun or something? o.o 

OFf topic o.o
    Whited00r 7 emoticons r kinda kewl
    ima try guessing each one
    :) :| :D :D >:D :( :O ;) o.o ?(how to make hitting wall) :P (:) :I :x <3?
    They already have folders.
    You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
    • Administrator
    • SuperHero Member
    • Methuselah
      • View Profile
      • Bruan_WD Twitter
    « Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 05:58:36 AM »
    The iPod touch 3G can run iOS 5 anyway so it has more native features than whited00r does and more tweak support too ;)

Anyway, we do have folders on the device, although they are a very old tweak which we cannot really update. The only reason they look different in Whited00r 7 is we hooked the tweak itself for what we could, and modified some of it to display differently and more iOS 7 like.

Yeah, I did used to be called that but I switched to something more professional ;)
    My avatar is indeed a sloth with sunglasses and a gun. It is in an alleyway too :P

If you go to "preview" you can actually see the list of emoticons and choose from them there, and see what makes them :)

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
    • Old is Smart!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: June 08, 2014, 04:30:04 PM »
    Suggestion for real time multitasking for fast appswicher  :)
    and sara's graphics also....the mic thing is no longer there.It shows a wired white line
    AAAAAAAAAnd i know this feature cannot be made due to hardware issue but i will be suggesting it ......like the Hey siri can we make Hey sara :D
    « Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 11:42:31 AM by [email protected] »
    New Thinking New Possiblities.
    Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
    And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3