Author Topic: Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 31005 times)

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
Re: Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 01:59:48 AM »

Suggestion for real time multitasking for fast appswicher  :)
and sara's graphics also....the mic thing is no longer there.It shows a wired white line
AAAAAAAAAnd i know this feature cannot be made due to hardware issue but i will be suggesting it ......like the Hey siri can we make Hey sara :D
That would be a bad idea the mic will always have to be on then which will drain battery life
Idk though I do NOT work for whited00r
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline mhveinvp

• Kashmir-IOK
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 04:37:11 AM »
Hello.
Its another of my boring posts on the WD forum again. Last time too was a bit over the top but i think i have figured it out.
Lets get it straight, the developers of WD are all entirely awesome. That said, we have always attempted to copy the higher ios onto the older devices with an impressive success.
It was yesterday night that scouring yahoo search, came across a search term that really caught my attention. "open source ios apps".
There are practically hundreds of apps with their source code for the world to use and make better things. Got me thinking, how about we use these apps to build function into our devices and also since most of there apps are not on the ATM, it would'nt be wrong if we remade them.
1. Itunes radio. Everyone is asking for it, last.Fm has its source code open for public, why not use it to build ourselves one.
2. Reminders. Saw an app, a to do app that has a billion times more function than the WD reminders app, why not reskin it and replace it as a stock app?
3. Many forum apps that should work to heta native WD forum app.
4. News app one that used rss and other that uses facebook to show updates, news. Wont that work as an easy way to push important updates to all the devices.
5. My suggestion is to stop working to get big big stuff like the notification center to the os because all new things will always bloat up the ram, instead focus on ironing out as many bugs, ui and adding functionality to the stock apps.
Maybe even add more apps as stock ones (i think more stock apps should not affect the resident os. Right?)
there probably must be dozens of open source camera apps, why not completly replace the stock camera for a simple yet functional camera app? Same goes for notes and calendar.
6. Backup. Backup. Backup.
Look, before someone cuts me short by saying stuff cant be done, what about cycorder. Agreed it needs a facelift but it works. Thats functionality im talking about bringing to other apps as well.
Thank you

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 05:28:41 AM »

Hello.
Its another of my boring posts on the WD forum again. Last time too was a bit over the top but i think i have figured it out.
Lets get it straight, the developers of WD are all entirely awesome. That said, we have always attempted to copy the higher ios onto the older devices with an impressive success.
It was yesterday night that scouring yahoo search, came across a search term that really caught my attention. "open source ios apps".
There are practically hundreds of apps with their source code for the world to use and make better things. Got me thinking, how about we use these apps to build function into our devices and also since most of there apps are not on the ATM, it would'nt be wrong if we remade them.
1. Itunes radio. Everyone is asking for it, last.Fm has its source code open for public, why not use it to build ourselves one.
2. Reminders. Saw an app, a to do app that has a billion times more function than the WD reminders app, why not reskin it and replace it as a stock app?
3. Many forum apps that should work to heta native WD forum app.
4. News app one that used rss and other that uses facebook to show updates, news. Wont that work as an easy way to push important updates to all the devices.
5. My suggestion is to stop working to get big big stuff like the notification center to the os because all new things will always bloat up the ram, instead focus on ironing out as many bugs, ui and adding functionality to the stock apps.
Maybe even add more apps as stock ones (i think more stock apps should not affect the resident os. Right?)
there probably must be dozens of open source camera apps, why not completly replace the stock camera for a simple yet functional camera app? Same goes for notes and calendar.
6. Backup. Backup. Backup.
Look, before someone cuts me short by saying stuff cant be done, what about cycorder. Agreed it needs a facelift but it works. Thats functionality im talking about bringing to other apps as well.
Thank you
Whited00r likes to code their own stuff, and doesn't grab items from other places (however they may somewhat replicate the ideas), so  chances are your app requests will be either rejected or implemented some way differently.

Notification center is in high demand, you soundly believe how many people are asking for it. :P

As for your radio want/need, try this: http://www.mediafire.com/?p6ia35di0hjigf8
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 07:02:14 AM »
Even if apps are open source, there is no guarantee they would work for 3.1.3 at all. That is the big issue.   We don't have the time or effort to go through each of the apps to see what is broken for 3.1.3, and see if the application would even work if we removed what didn't work for 3.1.3 (often times entire functionality of the apps hinge around one specific bit that was added on a higher firmware).  Sometimes it is worse, and it hinges around an entire framework, more so with the apps that use networking.  Also, local reminders are nonexistent on 3.1.3, so anything that tries to push those through would fail.

We also do prefer to code our own stuff, so even if there is a bug, we know the code better than something we just used off of online, so we know what modifying certain things does in the end.

5. We did mainly do the push for fixing up graphical bugs and crash bugs in whited00r 7.1, it just happens it was more muted by the completion of a couple features and additions to features we had in the works that we were able to finish up as well.  The graphics and stability changes on the backend since whited00r 7 to 7.1 are rather impressive, but not really visible to the end user because they are just... "working". :)

6.  What?  Backup my elephant? :P

Offline PHJayvee1G

• iPod touch 1G User From Philippines.
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2014, 10:15:55 AM »
On The Air Updates alternative: deb installation.... for those who has network connection problems.....
Speed over Design

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2014, 07:51:00 PM »
On The Air Updates alternative: deb installation.... for those who has network connection problems.....

Perhaps, but it could get very messy that way.  We don't want people mirroring or sharing the .debs, and if we distribute them, that will happen.  When that happens, people start looking for older versions, and decide it would be a good idea to install those older unsupported versions, that could have massive bugs in, and then complain on the forums.  Even installing an older version instead of the most up to date version is likely to happen.  Or, installing an older version over the newer version could have even worse effects.   

Offline mrhieu2903

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 08:59:11 AM »
Here's my suggestions:
- Interactive Notification ( of course )
- Notification center ( If you can)
- Mail app with Gestures
- iOS 8 Photo Editor
- New Weather app
- Combine Cycroder+Camera into ONE app
- Better Music UI ( Music Player, Video Player,..)
- Better Control Center ( Tap Play icon to Play Music; AirDrop (Bluetooth file sharing) )
- iOS 7.1/8 UI
- Optimize Safari to make it browse the web faster
- Optimize whited00r to use less RAM -> Fasterrrr
more...let me think about it...

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 06:09:36 PM »
Welcome to the forums :)

Interactive notifications could only go so far, none of the third party apps at all could make use of it, seeing they were not developed to. Reverse engineering even a small selection of apps (if we even could) and modifying them with a tweak and injecting our own code into how it works so they use the interactive notifications would take ages to do, and would not really have that big of a payoff.  System apps are another story, but even then it is pushing it.

Photo editing is iffy at best, and finding free processing algorithms that work on 3.1.3 would be difficult too :(
Bluetooth file sharing would only work on the iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G (maybe iPhone 2G... not as good hardware there), but even that would not be good for actual airdrop or file or music streaming.
You should be able to tap the play icon to play music in the control center already? :o

I'm not really sure how you think we can optimize Safari :(  It is closed source, and there is nothing really that can be changed with it, seeing everything it loads is from online. We cannot update the javascript engine it uses, and we can't give the device better hardware so it loads quicker.

Whited00r already is optimized pretty much as is, the system has a lot less running on it because of what we do, and all the new tweaks (aside from the iOS 7 App Switcher and Sara) are very minimal on memory/CPU usage. :)

Offline aleksandar2507

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 07:03:38 PM »
I have a question,not suggestion  8),can you "whited00r" tell us what can we expect from  next version of whited00r :)? Reason for question not suggestion is beacuse we bored you with suggestion for notification centre ;D ;D
Suggestion:

1).Photo album like in ios 7-8
2).Appswitcher  like ios 7 then like ios 8 if is possibile,appswitcher on wd 7.1 is so creepy,i am using proswitcher
3).Weather to look like ios 7-8
4).Camera is ok,but Cycroder is not and i bealive is a open source
5).Better graphics-picture in keypad-call-is not like ios 7-8
6).Better graphic everywhere

All that thing will bi great to do but you keep focus on fixing wd and making him stable..
And hurry-latin proverb "hurry up slowly"..

By the way thank you whitedoor ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 07:18:11 PM by aleksandar2507 »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2014, 07:19:06 PM »
No, we won't tell you what we are working on and have working.  That is explained in the Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - READ BEFORE POSTING!, which also explains the suggestions thread. This isn't so much a feature request thread as a suggestion thread. We know you want features, and just saying you want them doesn't change what we can and cannot do.  We are very open to suggestions on how to do it however.

Offline PHJayvee1G

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2014, 01:13:55 PM »
i think iOS 8's only visible difference to iOS 7 is features.... so WD 8 must be focused with replicating the possible (ofcourse NOT the feature that requires server like Family sharing, maildrop and many more) iOS 8 features to be replicated like iOS 8 notification center and iOS 8 Control Center.... But I know that it will be really really hard to do..... but I have a BIG trust in WD team that they can do it...

Go WD Team!!!! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:22:01 PM by PHJayvee1G »
Speed over Design

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2014, 07:26:59 PM »
i think iOS 8's only visible difference to iOS 7 is features.... so WD 8 must be focused with replicating the possible (ofcourse NOT the feature that requires server like Family sharing, maildrop and many more) iOS 8 features to be replicated like iOS 8 notification center and iOS 8 Control Center.... But I know that it will be really really hard to do..... but I have a BIG trust in WD team that they can do it...

Go WD Team!!!! ;D ;D
As there are less features within ios 8 we may spend more time fixing (and tracking down issues) in base tweaks (such as the lockscreen and the UI tweak (but I think that doesn't cause crashes anymore anyway)) the contacts in multitasking does seem a viable option but I have no idea...
As for notifcation centre it's high in demand and is being talked about....

And for the server stuff it is a bit of a bum :( though posting from the ios beta
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2014, 08:30:31 PM »

As there are less features within ios 8 we may spend more time fixing (and tracking down issues) in base tweaks (such as the lockscreen and the UI tweak (but I think that doesn't cause crashes anymore anyway)) the contacts in multitasking does seem a viable option but I have no idea...
As for notifcation centre it's high in demand and is being talked about....

And for the server stuff it is a bit of a bum :( though posting from the ios beta
Any noticeable differences, besides the ones talked about on the webpage? (Also, apparently you can put folders within folders on both iOS 7 and 8 using a glitch. )
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline PHJayvee1G

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2014, 02:01:12 AM »
I Suggest "Interactive Notification" because it's one of the Key Feature of iOS 8.... You can make a tweak that if you pull down the banner, it will appear then like "Interactive notification" we can write our reply then we tap send button,,, then the tweak will copy paste it to the message app in the background and automatically press send...... and then messages was send in background, :)
Speed over Design

Offline aleksandar2507

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2014, 08:06:03 AM »
I Suggest "Interactive Notification" because it's one of the Key Feature of iOS 8.... You can make a tweak that if you pull down the banner, it will appear then like "Interactive notification" we can write our reply then we tap send button,,, then the tweak will copy paste it to the message app in the background and automatically press send...... and then messages was send in background, :)

Nice idea :) suport for PHJayvee1G :)..