Author Topic: Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 31018 times)

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2014, 09:52:02 PM »
Maybe a custom bootlogo?
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2014, 10:11:08 PM »
Some small Suggestions
1. Blurred home screen in app switcher instead of black screen
2. More saturated control center
3. Lighter round switches
4. Some photo editing tools I under stand if you can't do it
5. Photos in notes (ios 8 feature)
6. More Themed weather app
7. Pull down spotlight search with blurred background and dark key board.
8.darker falter ios 7 themed stock app
9. Some ios 8 gestures like slide all the way to delete mail
10.the ios 7 sound pack and the option to choose your ringtone for things you can't
11. Photos arranged by date or location like in ios 7
12. Filter options for photos ??
13. Blurred status bar
14. Ios 7.1 slide to power off and cancel  button
15. A mock up passbook app ?? No one really uses it also a mock up newsstand like in WD6
16. When lock screen your listening to music and it shows your album art it should shows your wallpaper instead if a black screen
17. Better themed calendar app icon and calendar glitch in app switcher
18. Better unglitched passcode
19. Interactive notifications for texts , text free and twitter and swipe up to get rid of notifications
20. 2 new (optional) keyboards ios 7 non blurred white keyboard for everyhing and a black keyboard for spot lite search
21. I know we talked about it but maybe an increased blurred setting with a warning
22. More ios 7 app switcher animations spotlight search animation and a better  opening and closing animation
23. Spot lite search can include apps in time machine and music in the iTunes Store like in ios 8
24. Optional live clock icon
25. Ios 7 themed folders
26. Smiley face image on keyboard and a predictive typing keyboard ( both on ios 8) and maby an option to type with your voice ( for devices with microphones )
27. Calendar has holidays on it ( ios 7.1 )
28. Triple click the home button to invert colors or turn it black and white
29. Circle icons in calendar
30. I was looking at other peoples suggestions a themed cydia recorder and to keep it in the same app

iKnow iGot a lot of requests but these are mostly minor things that will probs take a long time to code but it's worth a try ... So if you can work on these that will be great if you can't I under stand
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:46:39 AM by iPH0NE_3GS »
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline PHJayvee1G

• iPod touch 1G User From Philippines.
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2014, 10:28:33 PM »
Nice idea :) suport for PHJayvee1G :)..

Thanks! :)
Speed over Design

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2014, 10:44:56 PM »

I Suggest "Interactive Notification" because it's one of the Key Feature of iOS 8.... You can make a tweak that if you pull down the banner, it will appear then like "Interactive notification" we can write our reply then we tap send button,,, then the tweak will copy paste it to the message app in the background and automatically press send...... and then messages was send in background, :)
I'm with you that would be cool
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2014, 06:54:56 AM »
Maybe a custom bootlogo?
Whited00r 7 has a custom bootlogo so there should be no reson as to why whited00r 8 won't have one

As for 90% for the other suggestions please look back in this thread as they are explained as to either if it's possible or not...
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2014, 05:57:35 PM »

Whited00r 7 has a custom bootlogo so there should be no reson as to why whited00r 8 won't have one

As for 90% for the other suggestions please look back in this thread as they are explained as to either if it's possible or not...
I think he means when you start up the phone it's the iOS 7 boot logo instead of the old boot logo

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2014, 06:40:57 PM »
I think he means when you start up the phone it's the iOS 7 boot logo instead of the old boot logo
It is a custom bootlogo. But I think it's device specific.
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2014, 08:29:42 PM »

It is a custom bootlogo. But I think it's device specific.
Maybe a whited00r bootlogo. :D

Offline PHJayvee1G

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2014, 10:41:50 AM »
I'm with you that would be cool

Thanks bro!
Speed over Design

Offline FordRanchero289

• Small Engine Diagnostician, Technician, & Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Jake A-Ron Duncan
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2014, 03:02:47 AM »
I have just a few ideas that should be added. One is the ScreenFade tweak. I believe it would work with the WD firmware if it had a little modifying or maybe one made from scratch just for WD. Another wouldbe simply just a notification center. Just seems something ergonomically useful. I know a lot of people post that they want NC, I just added this to my post just cuz it's on my mind right now. The respring double tap when using manual multitasking for the card switcher ios7 style and even an app closer by swipping up on the card. These would be nice to add and many people would probably agree with it. I hope the Screen fade effect during waking and sleeping is added. Thank You in advance!!
Apple iPod Touch 2nd Generation MC Model running Whited00r 7.1
Manufactured: January 1-2, 2010 (First Week of 2010)

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2014, 04:16:44 AM »

I have just a few ideas that should be added. One is the ScreenFade tweak. I believe it would work with the WD firmware if it had a little modifying or maybe one made from scratch just for WD. Another wouldbe simply just a notification center. Just seems something ergonomically useful. I know a lot of people post that they want NC, I just added this to my post just cuz it's on my mind right now. The respring double tap when using manual multitasking for the card switcher ios7 style and even an app closer by swipping up on the card. These would be nice to add and many people would probably agree with it. I hope the Screen fade effect during waking and sleeping is added. Thank You in advance!!
Whited00r loves to code stuff themselves, and external tweaks/apps are not included, or are implemented in a different way.

As for notification center, they are working on it; but are debating wether or not to add it in the next whited00r or as a paid item kinda like push notifications.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2014, 06:54:48 AM »

Well, depending on how it works, it may not work at all with whited00r without heavy modification or building from scratch, if it depends on something iOS 4 + only, there is a reason for it ;) 

Notification center would be nice, and we do have all the pieces, just not put together for that.  We would want to do it very nicely and professionally, so it feels right to use and doesn't slow down the device or act funky (kind of like the iOS 7 App Switcher acts funky).

Whited00r loves to code stuff themselves, and external tweaks/apps are not included, or are implemented in a different way.

As for notification center, they are working on it; but are debating wether or not to add it in the next whited00r or as a paid item kinda like push notifications.

You are right, we do like using our own tweaks now!  There is I think one or two tweaks that are not whited00r, but nothing paid (of course) and nothing major at all, just preference loader (older version, so it stops the settings app crashing), and some Unibar tweak for safari (unless I was out of the loop and someone else made that for whited00r, I really don't know).

The push notifications thing is paid for a different reason, it is not like a tweak.  It actually requires work each time someone gets a certificate, and it has to be done for every single certificate. That, plus the online storage and ease of use within the firmware to use it, it's a different sort of thing than a tweak in Cydia, which just requires one creation of the tweak (and updates of course, but not always...).  Push certificate generation can literally break the hardware on a device given enough time, and when that happens, there needs to be money for a replacement, as well as to cover server costs and the constant time it takes to manage all the certificates.

Offline FordRanchero289

• Small Engine Diagnostician, Technician, & Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Jake A-Ron Duncan
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2014, 02:57:37 PM »
I didn't mean that y'all had to use the actual tweak ScreenFade on hashbang's repo. No I read the Read Before Posting for WD8 page and that it says no more public betas and no more intergrating tweaks from 3rd party developers, paid or not, "Go Support Those Developers!" no, I was just suggesting a tweat or addon of that fashion. A fade of the screen when waking the device to lock screen and sleeping the device to blank screen. It makes it feel very ios7/8 instead of an adbrupt "Good morning" lol when clicking the home or lock button. But there probably needs to be an on/off togglefor such feature (most likelyin the configurator) because I have read some reviews online about how some people don't like the fade. So it could be an option that for people who want it can have it enabled and the same goes for the ones that just like "ios6" style waking.
Apple iPod Touch 2nd Generation MC Model running Whited00r 7.1
Manufactured: January 1-2, 2010 (First Week of 2010)

Offline ZergeSokolov

• >> Infected by CogitoV;
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr time!
  • Device: iPhone 3G
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2014, 08:25:32 PM »
Im currently out of ideas, but I would sugest that first end up the details in WD7.1. Once ended, i dont think that bugs on WD8 could be a problem. Im good with WD7, and WD8 would be a nice one.

PHJayvee1G idea seems the best to me. I love playing Solitaire while texting, so this would be awesome since i would not close Solitaire app  ;D

Offline PHJayvee1G

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2014, 11:33:42 PM »
Im currently out of ideas, but I would sugest that first end up the details in WD7.1. Once ended, i dont think that bugs on WD8 could be a problem. Im good with WD7, and WD8 would be a nice one.

PHJayvee1G idea seems the best to me. I love playing Solitaire while texting, so this would be awesome since i would not close Solitaire app  ;D

Thanks for Supporting!! :)
Speed over Design