Author Topic: Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 42726 times)

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2014, 10:43:02 PM »
Some new ringtones from ios7 or 8 will be nice :)
There is an issue with that. Which is that the system partition doesn't have a lot of space left when you install whited00r in the first place... But we could look into it. (but there would be no point on the itouch 1G due the hardware)
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2014, 08:05:03 PM »
Would it be possible to have a better look for the lock screen passcode?
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2014, 09:36:13 PM »
Ohh something that would be really nice to see would be the old iCloud app (that used Dropbox) to be updated to support the newer API....
And as for the passcode screen it would still be the same size as the one in iOS 3 which would look weird proportion wise...

Offline Cr1s714n1999

• View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
« Reply #153 on: September 06, 2014, 08:30:28 PM »
I have a few "new" suggestions for WD 8. I know, maybe, it's too late to implement new things in the firmware but you could implement in the future, always if they are possible.
Suggestions:
1) Hdr and a kind of panoramic option (there are a few apps compatibles with ios 3 which do this simply by     combining multiple pictures)
2) New graphics for the weather application, you can a cue from here --> http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index?topic=11907.0
3) Make a new phone dialer, i saw a beatifull dialer theme here, you could implement it-->http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php/topic,11828.30.html
4) Fix the bug in note app that when you hold pressed the finger on the screen for swipe in the text, inside the magnifying glass appears the old texture of note application (ios 6 texture)
5) Make a refresh button in ATM  :)
6) Make a new testure in calculator app too, if you rotate the phone it's pretty ugly
7) A new design for the stock app
8) A kind of air drop ( i know apple say it is a hardware issue, but if you can enable it on the iPhone 4 and iPad 2 maybe you can do something also for iphone2/3g and ipod 1/2g...Do not worry it's not a vital thing but it's always handy when it is between friends ;))
9) New calendar icon
10) New clock app design
11) Make five circles with regard to the graphics of the phone reception( excuse me if I have explained myself badly :'()
That's all for my suggestions. Those are just suggestions, do not worry too much because they do not a
detract anything from the great work done by you until now. Thank you for your attention :D
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:03:40 PM by Cr1s714n1999 »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2014, 05:04:06 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions (and pointers on how some of them could be done, as the first post asks for :) )

1) That would be pretty intensive to do, especially everywhere on iOS as the current camera theme does. It would have to run on top of other applications, instead of in an app dedicated just to camera and the HDR photos. Perhaps if we made it just for the stock camera app and not the other apps that take pictures/upload pictures from the camera.  That being said, I don't know any of the algorithms and such that go into making a HDR photo, especially not any for 3.1.3 :s

2) Maybe, I think we did attempt a new theme at one point but that didn't pan out :(

3) We also did have a nice dialer during testing, even with the subtle blur behind the buttons of the wallpaper when pressed, but it was buggy and didn't look so good overall for more of the device when used :(

4) I'm not sure what causes that, it may be something in the UIKit or the actual code of the app itself which would mean a lot more poking around and reversing classes which takes a lot of time for a one case graphic bug (so not really worth it time wise, unless everything else is finally fixed).

5) It wouldn't do much good seeing the results from the ATM are currently random and have no rhyme or reason. I am hoping the team there finally implements some sort of paging system instead of just a refresh button, so it can actually be done in a logical manner ;)

6) I'll take a look at that and see what can be done, although if it is iOS 7 or iOS 8 styled, it won't be changed :(

7) Who uses that? :o  I don't know how much can be changed without a tweak, which we try and not go too heavy on when possible...

8 ) It isn't possible because hardware issues ;) Even the iPhone 4 and 4s can't do it as far as I know, because they don't have the hardware for it... If you can point me to an article about where they do I would be interested in that though (always learning!). Anyway, it also requires iOS 7, which means it is private API and all that (anything that requires a higher firmware cannot be done at all on older firmwares because nothing is open source, and the hardware limitations as well :P ).

9) I think there may be one somewhere on the forums that I saw, or else it required a tweak to modify the text color...

10) we already did slightly modify it via the UI tweak in general, but I do know it needs some work to make it look nicer. :/

11) We tried to do that before but it ended up shoving icons around in the status bar when more and more icons showed up there (wifi, vpn, location, etc)

Offline Cr1s714n1999

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2014, 09:31:52 AM »
Hi Bruan.
1) i don' know if this can help, but there are two apps i use for HDR and pano functions: 7mpx camera and 360 panoramatic, if is it possible you can see how they do that and you could reply in WD  ;)
5) A paging system would be amazing instead of the refresh button you're right   :-[
8 )I read on apple suuport page two or three months ago that the reason why airdrop isn't compatible with iphone 4/4s and ipad 2/3 it's because they have wifi's cards incompatible with airdrop. I wasn't sure of that so i decided to look for it on the net; i founded i cydia's tweak called airdrop enabler ios 7.0+ on biteyourapple's repo. Could you get ideas from this tweak or something like that?  :)
11) I saw someone here, on the forum, who posted an image where he had five circles on the status bar --> http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index?topic=10413.0
Thank you for your attention :D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 10:15:39 AM by Cr1s714n1999 »

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2014, 01:23:28 AM »
I n safari when changing pages the back ground is gray so I changed it to black and it looks really nice so it may not be a bad idea to implement this in to WD 8
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #157 on: September 08, 2014, 07:12:50 AM »
Hi Bruan.
1) i don' know if this can help, but there are two apps i use for HDR and pano functions: 7mpx camera and 360 panoramatic, if is it possible you can see how they do that and you could reply in WD  ;)
5) A paging system would be amazing instead of the refresh button you're right   :-[
8 )I read on apple suuport page two or three months ago that the reason why airdrop isn't compatible with iphone 4/4s and ipad 2/3 it's because they have wifi's cards incompatible with airdrop. I wasn't sure of that so i decided to look for it on the net; i founded i cydia's tweak called airdrop enabler ios 7.0+ on biteyourapple's repo. Could you get ideas from this tweak or something like that?  :)
11) I saw someone here, on the forum, who posted an image where he had five circles on the status bar --> http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index?topic=10413.0
Thank you for your attention :D

1) Like I said above, it isn't just about the whole getting it working, it is getting it working with enough system resources to work in every app that can preview the camera and take a picture (twitter, Facebook, messaging, email, etc). Also, all apps are closed source unless for whatever reason they put up their source code on github (not very often for full featured apps to be honest, especially not if they were paid).  So that rules out seeing how they did it :(

5) Yeah, I think that has been in the plans for a while, but they just have not sorted out yet on how to do that :/  Hopefully someday they will, at least they made a step ahead with the native app though! :)

8) I think most people are saying it only works on the iPad 3G (which is what it was meant for). It still requires iOS 7 even if it isn't a hardware limitation (which is really is, at least from the reviews of the iPhone 4 and 4s trying to use it), and the API that came with it. So there is no hope of anything working with airdrop on older devices/firmwares.

11)  Not sure about that, it may have the issues we were having where it shoved images around when more icons were in the status bar. They also never responded about how they did it :/

I n safari when changing pages the back ground is gray so I changed it to black and it looks really nice so it may not be a bad idea to implement this in to WD 8

We will play around and see what we can do as well ;)

Offline Superhitech

• Future CEO of Apple Inc.
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2014, 05:03:36 PM »
Notification center+widgets in notification center  :D
"Those who are crazy enough to think they change the world, are the ones who do."

-Steve Jobs

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2014, 05:18:38 PM »

Notification center+widgets in notification center  :D
I doubt there will ever be widgets in notification center they will have to program each app to have widgets and they just don't have time for that
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2014, 05:25:17 PM »

I doubt there will ever be widgets in notification center they will have to program each app to have widgets and they just don't have time for that
+1 Awnsered what I was going to put ;)
The widgets are app by app so developers have a framework for iOS 8 todo that and we can't back port frameworks :(

But Notification Center is a thing we are talking about...

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2014, 08:08:48 PM »
In ios 7 the background in maps are black and in WD it is white do you think it can be changed to black ?

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #162 on: September 21, 2014, 04:08:50 AM »
In ios 7 the background in maps are black and in WD it is white do you think it can be changed to black ?

For when the satellite images are loading?

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
Suggestions for Whited00r 8 - DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #163 on: September 21, 2014, 11:25:50 AM »
For when the satellite images are loading?
that too but the 2 bars on the top and bottom of the screen

Wait I just found out it's only like that for satellite  which will make it useless if it's black so never mind just the loading squares are black
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 11:32:04 AM by iPH0NE_3GS »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #164 on: September 21, 2014, 10:49:05 PM »
that too but the 2 bars on the top and bottom of the screen

Wait I just found out it's only like that for satellite  which will make it useless if it's black so never mind just the loading squares are black

I was going to say, I haven't seen the black only navigation bars in the maps app, and I had just tried it on iOS 7.1.2 to see what you were talking about.