Author Topic: iOS 6 Theme for whited00r 7?  (Read 2769 times)

Offline ljinvos

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Mac
iOS 6 Theme for whited00r 7?
« on: June 15, 2014, 11:33:44 AM »
Hi everyone,
(so, I have got a iPhone 3G with WD7 and first of all great work,  but the white text on white background bug annoys me to no end, the thinner font on a low-res screen also bugs me and I cannot handle the password screen. I have searched and know that you tried your best for it to be improved but there is simply no other way to solve that problems, and I thank you for trying.)

- I would like to revert to the iOS6 theme from WD6 (and I don't mind the control center looking out-of-place) without losing these features. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 04:48:09 AM by Bruan »

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: iOS 6 Theme for whited00r 7
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 12:41:15 PM »
Hi everyone,
(so, I have got a iPhone 3G with WD7 and first of all great work,  but the white text on white background bug annoys me to no end, the thinner font on a low-res screen also bugs me and I cannot handle the password screen. I have searched and know that you tried your best for it to be improved but there is simply no other way to solve that problems, and I thank you for trying.)

- I would like to revert to the iOS6 theme from WD6 (and I don't mind the control center looking out-of-place) without losing this features. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
At this moment in time not really. But I'm sure someone in the community is working on it...
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 01:45:29 PM »

Hi everyone,

- I would like to revert to the iOS6 theme from WD6 (and I don't mind the control center looking out-of-place) without losing these features. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Maybe you can grab an whited00r 6 ispw and use something like Ifile to replace some icons and images.
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline ljinvos

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 02:18:20 PM »
At this moment in time not really. But I'm sure someone in the community is working on it...

If this someone is out there: SAY SOMETHING.  :P

Maybe you can grab an whited00r 6 ispw and use something like Ifile to replace some icons and images.

I thought of that but the problem with the themed white text on white bubbles, lock screen and app bars would stay the same since they aren't replaced UI images like the icons but are coded into the software. And I cannot code that well... (Not sure of this though, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Offline theguitar

• Moderator-Beta Tester
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 02:31:36 AM »
Unfortunately, the best thing I can see for you to do is use WD6. WD7's theme is really much more than a simple theme because all the icons and images are so embedded into the filesystem so it would be very difficult to change. But yes, there are probably people working on it.
Windows 8~~OSX 10.10 Yosemite~~Ubuntu 13.04
iPhone 5~~iPhone 4~~iPhone 3gs~~iPhone 2G
iPod Touch 5G~~iPod Touch 3G~iPod Touch 2G(MB,MC)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: iOS 6 Theme for whited00r 7?
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 04:47:59 AM »
Is the white on white text you are experiencing the bug we cannot fix as described in the Whited00r 7.1 FAQ/Bugs and Troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING?
UI/Graphical Bugs

Text is white on a white background in Cydia/iFile/Other apps
This is a known bug, and has to be this way. Apps that run as root (Cydia and iFile) cannot be modified with a tweak without having the source code to them and then loading in the substrate loader manually. (as far as I know from the documentation).  Also, Cydia disables tweaks from hooking into it anyway.  Now, you may be thinking "Well why don't you just change the background color of the bars so it looks good?". There is a very good reason for that. Cydia and other apps use the system resources for images, which are also used by many, many other apps. Changing Cydia and other apps that run as root to look good would break the actual iOS 7 style theming for all the other apps. (ATM apps, App Store Apps, native apps).  So, we did what we could, but really, it will always be unable to be fixed to look good everywhere. We minimized the bad looks as much as we could though, and spent quite a bit of time looking for workarounds/solutions where both root apps and mobile apps worked well together, but ultimately came up with what you have now.  Also, some apps don't use the system methods to make nav bars (titles, back buttons), or button bars at the bottom, so the text color can't be changed for those as it would require individually hooking each app (and reverse engineering it first to figure out where it is in that app). Not logical to spend that much time doing it sadly :(

Because if that is the case, then it was done for the better of the entire firmware vs a couple apps here and there.

As for reverting the theme back, you cannot really.  You can get the icons back by replacing images, and the font back by grabbing the old font, so you can get the thicker text (not coloring).

The rest of it is a matter of what looks better overall in what can be changed.  Because so many apps use the same resource files, if you make a couple apps look good by making the background darker so the light text is readable, many other things in the system become very ugly.

The UI tweak cannot be disabled because so many other tweaks rely on it to function properly.
You can however disable the lock screen tweak entirely if you want, so that the passcode lock does not look so weird (still will be white, but you could have just replaced the images manually with the tweak enabled).

Also, are you on whited00r 7, or 7.1?  You can tell if you are on whited00r 7 because you will have the App Market application instead of the App Time Machine and Cydia icons just out on the home screen.

If you are on whited00r 7, I would highly advise upgrading to whited00r 7.1, because many graphical bugs have been fixed (aside from what we cannot change as explained above).