Author Topic: Whited00r sucks << sorry but I have to say that now.  (Read 3379 times)

Offline ArturPolnik

• R.I.P Whited00r 2011-2014. Bye!
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Whited00r sucks << sorry but I have to say that now.
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:27:39 PM »
Why it sucks?

Let's start with the damn Time Machine App:
-Everyone knows that everyone is downloading Whited00r because of APPS.
But the shop is stupid! Old versions of every App (less features, every second App is stupid because of that)
- Searching new games (or apps) is very shitty too cause in the Game section I just see 10 Apps not more, you can't refresh or scroll down for more.
-sometimes crashes while downloading (slowly because wd is sloooowww)
-Rejecting games that cost money (that makes the store more stupid)
-no reply if u send a app.
-some apps are not even working (crashing) like talking tom.

What makes whited00r stupid? :
-iOS 3.1.3, maybe it's "faster" but it's sucky because it's very old and buggy and other stuff like that.
Cancel ass damned redd00r what is never updated and make whited00r for iOS 4.2.1!!!
That's much better! Because you already have original folders and much much better support for safari (iOS 3.1.3 you see blank pictures in iOS 4.2.1 not :DDD)
And it's better because you get more apps for the store :D
And the nice Game Center :)
And in the 4.2.1 App Store you CAN download old version of Apps 0.o
-still stupid password entering.

To Brian:
By the way I replied the page owner over 3 months ago (translating you know) and he's still not answering anymore :(
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 05:08:03 AM by ArturPolnik »

Offline 3DayTheory

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
Re: Whited00r sucks << sorry but I have to say that now.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 11:55:39 PM »
i dont understand  ;D

Offline Mahboi

• Whited00r iPod User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 11:57:56 PM »
Talk about entitlement. :'(

You conveniently glossed over the features that make WD stand out like Control Center, assistance touch, folders, Sara, settings, the entire iOS 7 theme, and yes, speed improvements over stock. All of which were made from SCRATCH by a small team of developers, who by the way are friendly and generous with support and are willing to help every last user who posts on this forum. AppTimeMachine isn't even made by them. Oh and it's all done for free, on the developers' free time, which could be spent at a job or you know, earning more money.

Do you really expect to run iOS 7 apps on such an old device? Don't blame the team for an impossible problem like this! Piracy, wtf? Paid apps that are still compatible with iOS 3 are rejected from ATM.

If you really want iOS 4, the best option is to install it. There are a number of tweaks you can make to it to be faster but it will BY DEFAULT be slower than iOS 3. 4 was designed for the much faster A4 processor, so performance isn't going to be as good as on 3. The point you make about more apps is also moot, as the majority of (modern) apps require 4.3 or higher (actually, 5 or higher), and old devices can only go to 4.2.1 :( So again, stuck with older versions of apps.

Honestly, any ARMv6 device is obsolete by Apple standards. The support you're describing can only be found with an iPhone 4 or higher.

Offline ArturPolnik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 04:58:21 AM »
Yeah and that makes it bad, rejecting apps? buggy and old iOS 3.1.3? Both of this are making whited00r stupid.
And you wrong understand me, i meant this : there's a game like Zombie Highway (just example) last compatible version for iOS 3.1.3 is 1.9 but which version is in the store? - 1.1
And second: iOS 4.2.1 is maybe slower but muuuuuuuch better.
 ;)

Offline SimulaYOOO

• If you want faster iPhone buy a new
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 05:32:03 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum yes ATM is really buggy if you want zm highway you will search last compatible version.Ah yes whitedoor slow device because unusuable Sara app switcher round toggles and etc.yea the passxose ui is terrible.If you want install bl4ck0ut 7 who is based on 4.2.1 but is really slow at slowness.Have a nice day
Stay Hungry,Stay Foolish. - Steve Jobs

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 05:50:07 AM »
But the shop is stupid! Old versions of every App (less features, every second App is stupid because of that)

Not just because of the apps, mind you. Yes, that is a very added bonus, but it is by far and large not the only reason people download whited00r.
Apps we cannot help being outdated. That is not under our control, or the App Time Machine.  That is purely Apple's doing. There is no way to make apps work on newer firmwares or make older devices run newer firmwares to get apps to work.  We also cannot make the apps work with newer versions or features, because we do not have the source code, or time if we did have source code. (explained all over the place as well, and all linked back to the Whited00r 7.1 FAQ/Bugs and Troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING.
 The App Time Machine is community driven. If a version of an app is not the last compatible version for 3.1.3, then there isn't anything the App Time Machine team can do, because they rely on user submissions. They don't go checking the internet to see if there is any newer version and seeing if it still works for 3.1.3 or not, and tracking down exactly what the last compatible version was.  They only test what is uploaded to them.
If you are complaining that it doesn't support iOS 4 apps, then that is the wrong place. It is a whited00r exclusive feature, and whited00r is not for iOS 4 devices (explanation later on in this...)

- Searching new games (or apps) is very shitty too cause in the Game section I just see 10 Apps not more, you can't refresh or scroll down for more.

They are working on improving it, but they did just switch over to a native application as of whited00r 7, so give them some time...  ;) At least it has apps though, and you know every single one is compatible with 3.1.3.

-sometimes crashes while downloading (slowly because wd is soloed)

Crashes slowly, or downloads slowly? There is currently a bug with downloading where it will crash on downloading if you do not wait for the icon image of the application to load up before attempting to download it, they are working on fixing that though.  If it downloads slowly, that is nothing to do with whited00r, that is your network speed, or else the sever is under stress.  The network speed stays the same, and whited00r does not mess with network speeds. If something is slow internet wise, it is not a fault of whited00r. Actual device speed all depends on the options you configure. A lot of the tweaks and options don't take up memory usage at all really (lock screen, UI tweak, banner notifications, control center, wallpaper), but some do sadly. Though, that's why we include a nice configuration utility for you to choose what you want from the device ;)

They do not reject games or apps that cost money, unless it is still compatible with 3.1.3 in the App Store. Then it is just for pirating, which no one here endorses.  The only reason the App Time Machine accepts paid apps is if the app has dropped support for 3.1.3, and thus there is no other way to get it.  They do not want to become another pirate store.  If you expected that, well that is on you, not the App Time Machine.

Ah, yeah. That is something that they do need to work on. I presume at some point if they can figure it out, they will more automate the uploading process and notify users of problems if something is not right with the application, or else email the person who submitted it if they want that it has been uploaded.  (at the moment, I don't think they even ask for an email though)

A very small amount of applications are crashing, some due to a very odd cache folder not existing/being created when the app is installed (they are trying to track that down), the rest would be because of the UI tweak on whited00r 7, which is needed to even make the device usable. That is however a very small number of applications, and for the one crash we have received reports of (whited00r is community driven too! No way we could test all the apps to make sure none of the tweaks break them in any way), we have included a method for bypassing in the apps that is breaks, although you do have to manually go in and add it in to the filter list. I would call that a minor inconvenience, not a horrible thing that makes whited00r suck. 

-iOS 3.1.3, maybe it's "faster" but it's sucky because it's very old and buggy and other stuff like that.
Cancel ass damned redd00r what is never updated and make whited00r for iOS 4.2.1!!!
That's much better! Because you already have original folders and much much better support for safari (iOS 3.1.3 you see blank pictures in iOS 4.2.1 not :DDD)
It also is all that the iPod touch 1G and iPhone 2G can run at a maximum, and we aren't going to be dropping those devices support wise. If we aren't dropping those support wise, then that means you are just lucky that we make firmwares for the iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G then as well, even if it isn't iOS 4, as we only will support one firmware. (Explained later) If you find whited00r itself buggy, try disabling the iOS 7 App Switcher and Sara, as those are not the best of our work... :(
We also did not "cancel" redd00r, it was never actually officially picked up by the main development team. Yes, it had an "official" go ahead from the team, and I even helped out on some things for it, but it never had the same amount of love and care that whited00r did.  Also, when it was going, many topics for help and troubleshooting were posted in other topics and boards, and they did not specify what they used. That also meant we had to ask every single user what device they are asking for help on, because many times people do not specify. They just assume we are all psychic, and know what device and firmware they use.  So that is an added reason for not having multiple firmware support. 
Also, more apps from the store, perhaps, but major apps still are killed off server side most cases on iOS 4 still.  So nothing much gained there aside from some more apps, but if you want those, just use iOS 4 and live with the sluggishness and lack of features.

That presuming people are using the versions of the app you are, and the achievements and the like have not been updated from previous app versions...
You can do that on 3.1.3 as well. However, like with any of the firmwares, you need to have actually downloaded the app while it supported 3.1.3 on the iTunes account you are logged in on trying to download the app with. If you didn't ever download a version compatible with 3.1.3, it will not provide one to you (same with iOS 4, 5, and 6).  I'm pretty sure that is how it works, at least from my experience...  So nothing gained there either for using iOS 4.

The passcode lock on the lock screen with the small graphical glitch that is explained in the FAQ?

By the way I replied the page owner over 3 months ago (translating you know) and he's still not answering anymore :(

I really don't know about that, unless it got sent to the spam folder for them :/

And, now for the long explanation of why we don't support iOS 4, or other firmwares.
Whited00r device support and future plans
Sorry if below sounds harsh, but it's the truth of how things are. Sometimes only bluntly saying things gets it through and makes people understand the full picture ;)

Will whited00r support any new devices like the iPad 1G, iPod touch 3G/4G, or the iPhone 3GS?
No. It won't. If there ever are any other things for those devices, it would be under another project name.

Why doesn't whited00r support those devices, or different iOS versions?
Too much work to develop for more and more devices.

It's not that much work to make it work for iOS 6 or the other devices! Lazy! >:(

No, we aren't lazy. Whited00r 7 took 6+ months of development, reverse engineering and testing/designing to get working.
It's not as easy as just modifying some things and suddenly it works. We want to do quality work, and even if we didn't it would still face the following problems:
  • New API - Yes, we may have new API to work with, it also means the old code could become inefficient, or not work as designed originally
  • New Classes - New classes means things that we used before could be obsolete, or not even exist anymore.
  • Changes to existing Classes - This means things we have currently hooked or use, and spent ages figuring out, no longer behave as expected, exist, or even do the same things, or else aren't the quickest or best, or the cleanest way to do it anymore.
So, if we were to do it for newer firmwares, we would have to recode everything again and again and reverse engineer for each iOS version. On each new iOS, there will be any number of unpredictable challenges or roadblocks, meaning it could take even longer than whited00r 7 did. That's for each iOS we add support for.

The issues above are a big thing, but also, there is the problem of time. Whited00r is done for free, only for these older devices because it's not a whole set of new devices (thus requiring all the same work all over again).   We do this in our free time, but the developing team are all adults and need to make a living. Pouring all our free time (and even not the free time) into this sort of thing, to get nothing anywhere near what would be logical in return is stupid on our part.   We can't logically keep giving away everything for free if we were to support new devices. (even doing it for whited00r is kind of silly, but we do it for you. ).  No, lite versions of things wouldn't work either. You can't get anything reasonable with a lite version of this sort of thing and still have the incentive to upgrade to the full version and make the right sort of revenue to make this smart for us to keep doing.

As is, we keep supporting 3.1.3 only, and only on the current set of devices :)  Maybe, maybe at some point in the future we will start other projects, if we figure out a good balance.  Not saying we won't ever do that, but not soon that I know of. It took us that long without needing to constantly troubleshoot super-active forums (which they are now seeing we just released an update).  We also need a rest ;) (only human after all, for most of us)

That, and other reasons too, and some about making and keeping the forums more organized for users and developers/the team.

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
Re: Whited00r sucks &lt;&lt; sorry but I have to say that now.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 05:56:24 AM »
Why it sucks?

To Brian:
You are entitled to your own opinion
Ios 3 in my experience is less buggy than ios 4.2.1 (give the 24 hour clock a shot. Oh wait it doesn't work)
ATM isn't even developed by the whited00r team.
The only apps that are rejected are apps that still support ios 3 and are paid.
As for the no reply. You should send it through their website and not their email as they do get swamped with emails.
And all the download links for redd00r have either been removed or hidden because if pepole download it they think they will get support when the project stopped about 1.5 years ago. Be we aren't getting rid of it because we can keep the name.
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 08:37:48 AM »
Why it sucks?

To Brian:
Dont you know its a free frimware! all the featurs in whited00r should have been paid !!
just for 3 crashes dosent mean the whole frimware is stupid!
New Thinking New Possiblities.
Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3

Offline ArturPolnik

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2014, 05:49:47 PM »
Not just because of the apps, mind you. Yes, that is a very added bonus, but it is by far and large not the only reason people download whited00r.
Apps we cannot help being outdated. That is not under our control, or the App Time Machine.  That is purely Apple's doing. There is no way to make apps work on newer firmwares or make older devices run newer firmwares to get apps to work.  We also cannot make the apps work with newer versions or features, because we do not have the source code, or time if we did have source code. (explained all over the place as well, and all linked back to the Whited00r 7.1 FAQ/Bugs and Troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING.
 The App Time Machine is community driven. If a version of an app is not the last compatible version for 3.1.3, then there isn't anything the App Time Machine team can do, because they rely on user submissions. They don't go checking the internet to see if there is any newer version and seeing if it still works for 3.1.3 or not, and tracking down exactly what the last compatible version was.  They only test what is uploaded to them.
If you are complaining that it doesn't support iOS 4 apps, then that is the wrong place. It is a whited00r exclusive feature, and whited00r is not for iOS 4 devices (explanation later on in this...)

They are working on improving it, but they did just switch over to a native application as of whited00r 7, so give them some time...  ;) At least it has apps though, and you know every single one is compatible with 3.1.3.

Crashes slowly, or downloads slowly? There is currently a bug with downloading where it will crash on downloading if you do not wait for the icon image of the application to load up before attempting to download it, they are working on fixing that though.  If it downloads slowly, that is nothing to do with whited00r, that is your network speed, or else the sever is under stress.  The network speed stays the same, and whited00r does not mess with network speeds. If something is slow internet wise, it is not a fault of whited00r. Actual device speed all depends on the options you configure. A lot of the tweaks and options don't take up memory usage at all really (lock screen, UI tweak, banner notifications, control center, wallpaper), but some do sadly. Though, that's why we include a nice configuration utility for you to choose what you want from the device ;)
They do not reject games or apps that cost money, unless it is still compatible with 3.1.3 in the App Store. Then it is just for pirating, which no one here endorses.  The only reason the App Time Machine accepts paid apps is if the app has dropped support for 3.1.3, and thus there is no other way to get it.  They do not want to become another pirate store.  If you expected that, well that is on you, not the App Time Machine.
Ah, yeah. That is something that they do need to work on. I presume at some point if they can figure it out, they will more automate the uploading process and notify users of problems if something is not right with the application, or else email the person who submitted it if they want that it has been uploaded.  (at the moment, I don't think they even ask for an email though)
A very small amount of applications are crashing, some due to a very odd cache folder not existing/being created when the app is installed (they are trying to track that down), the rest would be because of the UI tweak on whited00r 7, which is needed to even make the device usable. That is however a very small number of applications, and for the one crash we have received reports of (whited00r is community driven too! No way we could test all the apps to make sure none of the tweaks break them in any way), we have included a method for bypassing in the apps that is breaks, although you do have to manually go in and add it in to the filter list. I would call that a minor inconvenience, not a horrible thing that makes whited00r suck. 
It also is all that the iPod touch 1G and iPhone 2G can run at a maximum, and we aren't going to be dropping those devices support wise. If we aren't dropping those support wise, then that means you are just lucky that we make firmwares for the iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G then as well, even if it isn't iOS 4, as we only will support one firmware. (Explained later) If you find whited00r itself buggy, try disabling the iOS 7 App Switcher and Sara, as those are not the best of our work... :(
We also did not "cancel" redd00r, it was never actually officially picked up by the main development team. Yes, it had an "official" go ahead from the team, and I even helped out on some things for it, but it never had the same amount of love and care that whited00r did.  Also, when it was going, many topics for help and troubleshooting were posted in other topics and boards, and they did not specify what they used. That also meant we had to ask every single user what device they are asking for help on, because many times people do not specify. They just assume we are all psychic, and know what device and firmware they use.  So that is an added reason for not having multiple firmware support. 
Also, more apps from the store, perhaps, but major apps still are killed off server side most cases on iOS 4 still.  So nothing much gained there aside from some more apps, but if you want those, just use iOS 4 and live with the sluggishness and lack of features.
That presuming people are using the versions of the app you are, and the achievements and the like have not been updated from previous app versions...
You can do that on 3.1.3 as well. However, like with any of the firmwares, you need to have actually downloaded the app while it supported 3.1.3 on the iTunes account you are logged in on trying to download the app with. If you didn't ever download a version compatible with 3.1.3, it will not provide one to you (same with iOS 4, 5, and 6).  I'm pretty sure that is how it works, at least from my experience...  So nothing gained there either for using iOS 4.
The passcode lock on the lock screen with the small graphical glitch that is explained in the FAQ?

I really don't know about that, unless it got sent to the spam folder for them :/

And, now for the long explanation of why we don't support iOS 4, or other firmwares.
That, and other reasons too, and some about making and keeping the forums more organized for users and developers/the team.

Ok I understand and I've got two wishes:

1. Custom Apps (you can code, so you can make custom games or? Such like flappy bird you just tap and the player goes up, so it's not so hard to do (but I only think so, I never coded, you can use other games to watch off))
2. If you just have 6 people in the WD team, that gonna took years until WD gonna be good, what about a tutorial how code? That gonna really support Whited00r cause more people can help.

Question : Maybe it's not so hard make Whited00r for iOS 4.2.1 just copy all code what you wrote from 3.1.3 and paste it in the files of 4.2.1. Is that possible?

Offline ArturPolnik

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2014, 05:54:35 PM »
Dont you know its a free frimware! all the featurs in whited00r should have been paid !!
just for 3 crashes dosent mean the whole frimware is stupid!

Did I said its stupid because it crashes and yes it does crash if you open too many games or apps, but that's not the reason because I know old idevices are slow and it's hard to keep them fast.

Offline ArturPolnik

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 05:55:42 PM »
i dont understand  ;D
What is here not to understand?  ???

Offline SimulaYOOO

• If you want faster iPhone buy a new
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 06:22:23 PM »
Hello friend if you hate whited00r install ios 4.1 which has improve performance or 4.2.1 and will be happy.No more comment for this theme.Bruan and other forum friends  :D say what he had to say.Have a nice day  :D
P.S starting to like whited00r more HUH :D
Stay Hungry,Stay Foolish. - Steve Jobs

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2014, 07:56:13 PM »
Ok I understand and I've got two wishes:

1. Custom Apps (you can code, so you can make custom games or? Such like flappy bird you just tap and the player goes up, so it's not so hard to do (but I only think so, I never coded, you can use other games to watch off))
2. If you just have 6 people in the WD team, that gonna took years until WD gonna be good, what about a tutorial how code? That gonna really support Whited00r cause more people can help.

Question : Maybe it's not so hard make Whited00r for iOS 4.2.1 just copy all code what you wrote from 3.1.3 and paste it in the files of 4.2.1. Is that possible?

Small team, not enough time to make applications.  Sure, some things are simple, but also remember that 3.1.3 does not have a lot of the things newer firmwares have that were used to make games in the first place (I don't know what the apps use, but I know lots of new things and other frameworks require higher firmwares).

We have more people on the team, but only 2 or 3 coders.  Whited00r 7 is already very good as is, and that took about 6 or more months to do ;)  (not counting whited00r 7.1)
Tutorials for how to code is not the issue, you just have to learn obj-c, which there are hundreds of thousands of tutorials for. Us writing a tutorial on that would be a waste of time :(  Making tweaks is slightly more interesting, but if you understand obj-c, it is easier by far.

Did you read what I quoted above from the FAQ?  That explains exactly why we can't just copy all the code over. 

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
Whited00r sucks << sorry but I have to say that now.
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2014, 03:48:07 AM »
Why it sucks?

To Brian:
Whited00r sucks because of the apps ?? Are u kidding me ? The apps are too old so u don't like it ! This explains why we should NOT have blondes on this page ... Whited00r is being worked on endlessly by a small group of developers for FREE for 3 almost 4 years now it it looks damm like iOS 7.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 03:51:41 AM by iPH0NE_3GS »
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
Re: Whited00r sucks &lt;&lt; sorry but I have to say that now.
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 05:25:28 AM »

Why it sucks?

To Brian:
For something that is free, I think they've done a very good job.
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞