Author Topic: Assistive Touch not working Ipod Touch 1g Whited00r 7.1  (Read 2638 times)

Offline shotsoffxx

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
  • My Computer: Windows
Assistive Touch not working Ipod Touch 1g Whited00r 7.1
« on: July 28, 2014, 03:11:42 AM »
Hi there, installed whited00r 7.1 from a normal ipod touch 1g (broken menu button), and when i finally finished i went into the settings to turn on assistive touch and it isn't working. I turned the toggle on in whited00r settings. Restarted the phone (only way to go home), and nothing changed. I'm not sure if im missing something, or if i should look into possibly using activator. It's all very hard on a 1g device, but I could really use some way to go home. The control center seems to be working well, is there any way to place a home screen icon in there?

Any and all help appreciated.
- Jon

Merged post #1

Additionally, nothing is showing up in cydia for the whited00r sources. Again, I know I'm asking for alot of such an old device, but I really appreciate any help you guys can give me.

Merged post #2

To anyone having this problem, I have found the best and easiest solution is with Activator. I'm using the double tap status bar and shake device actions to simulate a press of the home button. Works perfectly. Whited00r, I would recommend taking another look at assistive touch's compatibility with ipod touch 1g.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:42:13 AM by Bruan »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Assistive Touch not working Ipod Touch 1g Whited00r 7.1
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 07:46:54 AM »
Welcome to the forums :)

When you restored to whited00r 7.1, did you set up as a new device in iTunes or restore from a backup to get your data back?

Also, you have to press "Apply Settings" in the whited00r settings to actually have anything take effect. Just tap that after changing whatever settings you want in there, and wait for it to restart the device automatically (respring normally, not reboot).

However, I can confirm that the Assistive Touch feature does work on the iPod touch 1G, so there is hope for having it working :) 

That being said, there are still no hold/double tap functions yet, so activator may still be a better option for now, or maybe in conjunction with it...