Author Topic: Unable to play videos in safari after installing WD7 & multiple system crashes  (Read 1714 times)

Offline karlernest

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
I just went from ios 4.2.1 to whited00r 7, and now I CANT PLAY ANY VIDEOS on my BROWSER. I usually watch animes on animeonhand.com when I was on ios 4.2.1 and now on whited00r 7 I cant watch anymore  :o
also whited00r always crashes

damn it. how can I fix this?
my phone is iphone 3G

NEED ANSWERS PLEASE

Edit by Bruan to provide more keywords in the title :)

« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:35:03 PM by Bruan »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Welcome to the forums :)

When you restored to whited00r 7, did you set up as a new device in iTunes, or restore from a backup to get your data back?

Have you installed anything extra from Cydia or otherwise?

Are you unable to play any videos at all, or just from that site?  Try out youtube in Safari and see if you can play videos from there.

Always crashing ties back into my first two questions though ;)  Unless it is a crash of incoming calls, which is documented here: Whited00r 7.1 FAQ/Bugs and Troubleshooting READ BEFORE POSTING, or one of the bugs from this list:
[READ BEFORE POSTING] Whited00r 7.1.x Bug tracker thread

Offline karlernest

• View Profile
i set it up as a new iphone and i updated to 7.1 ota on cydia
it still cant play videos on browsers, it shows a PLAY SIGN with a SLASH on it which means i cant play the video
i watch on animeonhand.com and when i tried other sites, it gives the same results: CANT PLAY ANYTHING
youtube is the only one working
should i go back to 4.2.1?

Offline karlernest

• View Profile
i've also tried SKYFIRE and OPERA
it still doesnt work

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
i set it up as a new iphone and i updated to 7.1 ota on cydia
it still cant play videos on browsers, it shows a PLAY SIGN with a SLASH on it which means i cant play the video
i watch on animeonhand.com and when i tried other sites, it gives the same results: CANT PLAY ANYTHING
youtube is the only one working
should i go back to 4.2.1?

So the actual youtube website via safari does work?  That is working videos then, I'm not sure why it doesn't work on 3.1.3 unless perhaps it is something to do with the hosts file if you messed with that. I have seen sites that can't play videos if you are blocking ads (at least via mobile with the hosts file).

That, or it could be the javascript engine is not able to handle it but the one on iOS 4.2.1 is, which if that is the case you need iOS 4.2.1 to play those videos, period :(

Offline karlernest

• View Profile
nope
youtube in browsers doesnt work it just loads but never actually show what it loads
what works is the youtube app only
so you're saying, there's no way to fix this?
how come there's no issue like this on the troubleshooting list here in the forums?

Offline karlernest

• View Profile
and i didnt messed up anything
i just run the update on cydia OTA 7.1
even when i havent upgraded to 7.1
it still doesnt work

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
nope
youtube in browsers doesnt work it just loads but never actually show what it loads
what works is the youtube app only
so you're saying, there's no way to fix this?
how come there's no issue like this on the troubleshooting list here in the forums?

There is no bug issue like this because this is the first one of this kind ;)  I can't actually test if it works or not right now because my device is far away for about a week :(

It is possible youtube switched over how it plays back videos on mobile, to something 3.1.3 does not support.
There is no way to fix it if it was something all websites suddenly switched to using server side that means videos no longer work, because nothing can be changed on the iPhone side to update it to be compatible with newer web standards.

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
Hello to everyone! I founded the solution for watching youtube videos on old iDevices. A have the same problem, my Youtube app is no longer supported and Safari can't play Youtube videos. And after some time of searching i found a browser named Mercury Browser, which is available on AppTimeMachine! It has good features and is supporting Youtube, so you can watch videos in High Quality from Youtube on it. Try it! It's working ;) Hope i helped :)