Author Topic: Portrait orientation lock shows as enabled when not & Wifi Issues on WD7  (Read 3716 times)

Offline T

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
oh well.
Anyways, good work on whited00r at least!
It is definitely an improvement on stock ios 4.2.1 :)

However I did notice a glitch where it shows that screen rotation is locked when it is not.  ???
I've isolated the problem to having Backgrounder and Manual Multitasking on the new WD7 update
This also disrupts the wifi signal. Please fix soon!

Edit by Bruan to provide more keywords in the title :)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 05:19:07 AM by Bruan »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
The orientation lock image is a combination of both the control center and the manual multitasking options, because both include a rotation lock toggle, however they are not compatible with each other for those settings. I would disable it via one, disable the tweak in the whited00r settings, then disable it via the other, then re-enable the tweak via the whited00r settings.  Then only use one to toggle the orientation lock on and off, and it shouldn't mess up the status bar icon :)

For wifi, what do you mean it disrupts the signal?  The tweaks shouldn't touch the wifi signal :o  However, try disabling control center and seeing if that still happens (after doing what I said above, if that doesn't fix it).

Offline T

• View Profile
The orientation lock image is a combination of both the control center and the manual multitasking options, because both include a rotation lock toggle, however they are not compatible with each other for those settings. I would disable it via one, disable the tweak in the whited00r settings, then disable it via the other, then re-enable the tweak via the whited00r settings.  Then only use one to toggle the orientation lock on and off, and it shouldn't mess up the status bar icon :)

For wifi, what do you mean it disrupts the signal?  The tweaks shouldn't touch the wifi signal :o  However, try disabling control center and seeing if that still happens (after doing what I said above, if that doesn't fix it).

No Brian, my wifi works with control centre, just that any apps using wifi will disconnect every 15min or so with manual multitasking enabled. For example, youtube - Works for a bit, then the connection beaks and I have to reconnect again to finish the video or start a new one.

The problem isn't with the control centre or manual multitasking, but with using both control centre and manual multitasking at the same time, which I want to do. Is there any way to fix this, other than just keeping one disabled while using the other?

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Did you try what I said above to sync the toggles back with the status bar symbol?

Do they only disconnect when you have manual multitasking and control center enabled together?  Or even when just using manual multitasking on it's own?

So it seems control center does not cause the issue, as it doesn't happen when just control center is enabled? :o

I have never seen this issue before, so I really don't know if there is a way to fix it.  The wifi disabling is something entirely new. (outside of hardware failure, which I have, but if you can stop it happening by disabling a tweak then that isn't the issue)

When you restored to whited00r, did you set up as a new device or restore from a backup in iTunes to get your data back?

Offline T

• View Profile
I set up as new device. Before I tried restoring from backup but it only installs using stock ios 3.1.3, and automatically deletes the whited00r ipsw. I replaced the few files I had at the time to get my data back. Luckily, I haven't needed to restore after that incident
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 07:54:16 AM by T »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
I set up as new device. Before I tried restoring from backup but it only installs using stock ios 3.1.3, and automatically deletes the whited00r ipsw. I replaced the few files I had at the time to get my data back. Luckily, I haven't needed to restore after that incident

Okay, just making sure you didn't actually restore from a backup in iTunes though without doing a fresh restore after, as that can cause many issues!

The questions above then should help narrow down the cause of the issue then :)

Offline mrlithium

• View Profile
Re: Portrait orientation lock shows as enabled when not & Wifi Issues on WD7
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 04:04:05 PM »
oh well.
Anyways, good work on whited00r at least!
It is definitely an improvement on stock ios 4.2.1 :)

However I did notice a glitch where it shows that screen rotation is locked when it is not.  ???
I've isolated the problem to having Backgrounder and Manual Multitasking on the new WD7 update
This also disrupts the wifi signal. Please fix soon!

Edit by Bruan to provide more keywords in the title :)

I can confirm this is true. I isolated this issue on my own.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Re: Portrait orientation lock shows as enabled when not & Wifi Issues on WD7
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 07:59:04 AM »
I can confirm this is true. I isolated this issue on my own.

Welcome to the forums :)

the issue is pretty well documented in the responses I think, the cause of it being the rotation lock in the manual multitasking conflicting with the control center one.  You should be able to safely use backgrounder without worry of it, it is just if the manual multitasking decides to control the rotation lock as well as control center trying to do that too.

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
Welcome to the forums :)

the issue is pretty well documented in the responses I think, the cause of it being the rotation lock in the manual multitasking conflicting with the control center one.  You should be able to safely use backgrounder without worry of it, it is just if the manual multitasking decides to control the rotation lock as well as control center trying to do that too.
Do you think there will be a way to sync the control center tweak with the manual multitasking tweak so the orientation lock issue can be kinda fixed? Like having all the tweaks "talking" to each other?
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
Do you think there will be a way to sync the control center tweak with the manual multitasking tweak so the orientation lock issue can be kinda fixed? Like having all the tweaks "talking" to each other?

Doubtful, as the manual multitasking we do not have the source code to.  I could perhaps use the state of the rotation lock of it though rather than using our own in control center (unless I already do, and it doesn't help, I don't remember :s ).