Author Topic: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus  (Read 3482 times)

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus
« on: October 03, 2014, 03:19:12 PM »
WOW apple has made and relesed an exelent device (price is jaw droping  :P )
so what do you think about it ?
New Thinking New Possiblities.
Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 07:34:49 AM »
I like the look and size of the 6, but the 6+ has better battery and camera :(

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 07:02:37 PM »
I like the look and size of the 6, but the 6+ has better battery and camera :(
and is about 80 more expensive ($130 using exchange rates so may variety)
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline noob

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 08:25:22 PM »
apple is  not the big deal in software i prefer windowsphone or android  and it bends XD yes my friend has one
Is ye boi

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2014, 03:19:06 AM »
apple is  not the big deal in software i prefer windowsphone or android  and it bends XD yes my friend has one

I like windows phone, but the software is still years behind :(  Apps too.  Yes, there may be apps, even though some/most unofficial for now, but the actual functionality/quality level/support level is not there - coming from having owned 4 windows phone, and still owning 3.
Android phones bend too mate, and did before the iPhone did as well.

It is just that apple is the big deal in software and hardware. People complain about what is succeeding. The quality control and issues with various android phones/manufacturers is numerous.   Droid phones? Bad keyboards. Keys didn't always work. I had that issue with my droid 2 and one of the droid 3's I owned. Galaxy nexus? Image retention.  HTC M8/One?  Bends. Samsung devices, poor build as well as gaps in the build it seems.  (searching for any of these issues will bring results)

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 11:17:48 AM »
I like windows phone, but the software is still years behind :(  Apps too.  Yes, there may be apps, even though some/most unofficial for now, but the actual functionality/quality level/support level is not there - coming from having owned 4 windows phone, and still owning 3.
Android phones bend too mate, and did before the iPhone did as well.

It is just that apple is the big deal in software and hardware. People complain about what is succeeding. The quality control and issues with various android phones/manufacturers is numerous.   Droid phones? Bad keyboards. Keys didn't always work. I had that issue with my droid 2 and one of the droid 3's I owned. Galaxy nexus? Image retention.  HTC M8/One?  Bends. Samsung devices, poor build as well as gaps in the build it seems.  (searching for any of these issues will bring results)
you are right all phones have their own drabacks in the case of iPhones its is that we must sync via iTunes
for me apple is the best and it will always be.... because appls apps are so smooth and consume less memory (or resources from what i have learnt)but android? apps are never smooth,always stops working (hang?) very laggy,cause the phone to heat up its like a car of the 70's
and apart form apple i like windows but like you said less apps :(
Did your friend tried bending one ? trust me he cannot if he does his nervs woud pop out and pain a lot (i tried bending on with a normal force but it didnt i didnt apply more force because it would cost me a fortune if it bend ;) )

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2014, 06:08:07 AM »
I can sync my iPhone on linux without iTunes :) 

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 12:50:58 PM »
Personally my experience of android has been ok... Its just that there are so many phones out there its difficult to support them all without running into issues... And sometime you get better value for money (Google the One Plus One then you will see what I'm talking about :P )
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2014, 03:23:48 AM »
Even I was an android user before whited00r (galaxy s2) it was only 2yrs old it's screen got became white on morning and the phone never booted up (wired eh?) from that my uncle finally upgraded to iPhone 4s hence he gave me his 3G I discovered that it was the best phone I have ever used in my life (wd6) and here I am :) ;)

Offline noob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 06:11:40 PM »
yes you can synchronise and i prefer a xperia z3 also apple does not have any support !!!!!!! they dont do anithing also that its  faster some things and ios and macos its a ripoff of unix apple is not a big deal also that woz said that the bigger iphones are 3 years late and you can make more things with android and Ubuntu phone
Is ye boi

Offline noob

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2014, 06:12:54 PM »
and yes i have bend an iPhone 6 and 6 plus
Is ye boi

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2014, 09:36:14 PM »
Personally my experience of android has been ok... Its just that there are so many phones out there its difficult to support them all without running into issues... And sometime you get better value for money (Google the One Plus One then you will see what I'm talking about :P )

yeah, the troubleshooting on android is a nightmare.  So much can screw with the system, let alone try supporting rooted devices/custom roms (yes, you can have a custom rom without it being rooted, although not common ).  Even the skins or different versions of the skins the manufacturers make can bug stuff out.

Oh I have had my eye on the One Plus One for a while :)  (and on android devices in general, I own quite a few actually - top of the line ones at that)

yes you can synchronise and i prefer a xperia z3 also apple does not have any support !!!!!!! they dont do anithing also that its  faster some things and ios and macos its a ripoff of unix apple is not a big deal also that woz said that the bigger iphones are 3 years late and you can make more things with android and Ubuntu phone

Apple has better support than android devices in general, far and wide.  You can take a second hand apple product into the apple store and get it replaced on warranty even if you didn't buy it from them (I have done that a couple times).  Free troubleshooting for the most part to tell what is wrong hardware wise as well. Their software solutions aren't always the best though because there is only so much you can do on a non-jailbroken device software wise, and often the bugs are just caused by OTA updates or restoring from a backup (android has this issue too).

Also, having done android development, I know that iOS is so much nicer and cleaner to develop for. (actual quality apps, with good design, interaction, animations and UX. Not just haphazardly thrown in from inexperienced developers/designers who are suddenly forced into trying to do that after years of not being used to caring about quality).

Did you know other phones have been bending for longer than the iPhone?  HTC devices bend, as well as other thin metal phones from android manufacturers. It just doesn't get talked about much because they aren't apple (because people want apple to fail, as they are a big deal). Android manufacturers have equal if not more manufacturing defects. No one cares though as it isn't apple.

Software as well, Android L(ollipop -_-), has tons more bugs on the OS than iOS 8 did, and more use-impeding bugs. Sensors broken, major wake lock issues due to cellular data staying on and being used even when connected to wifi (if it is quicker than the wifi connection. A nice "feature" by google to use up cellular data) (pretty sure about the reports on that), rebooting the device when unplugging from charging, etc. 

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2014, 06:45:51 AM »
you are wrong there mate :) as bruan told apple has the best support ...
You bent both the iPhones? Really you must be rich ;) in fact all the flagship phones made up if alluminum body bend (galaxy S5 breaks :P ) htc one M8 in fact is weaker than the iPhone 6 plus
yeah, the troubleshooting on android is a nightmare.  So much can screw with the system, let alone try supporting rooted devices/custom roms (yes, you can have a custom rom without it being rooted, although not common ).  Even the skins or different versions of the skins the manufacturers make can bug stuff out.

Oh I have had my eye on the One Plus One for a while :)  (and on android devices in general, I own quite a few actually - top of the line ones at that)

Apple has better support than android devices in general, far and wide.  You can take a second hand apple product into the apple store and get it replaced on warranty even if you didn't buy it from them (I have done that a couple times).  Free troubleshooting for the most part to tell what is wrong hardware wise as well. Their software solutions aren't always the best though because there is only so much you can do on a non-jailbroken device software wise, and often the bugs are just caused by OTA updates or restoring from a backup (android has this issue too).

Also, having done android development, I know that iOS is so much nicer and cleaner to develop for. (actual quality apps, with good design, interaction, animations and UX. Not just haphazardly thrown in from inexperienced developers/designers who are suddenly forced into trying to do that after years of not being used to caring about quality).

Did you know other phones have been bending for longer than the iPhone?  HTC devices bend, as well as other thin metal phones from android manufacturers. It just doesn't get talked about much because they aren't apple (because people want apple to fail, as they are a big deal). Android manufacturers have equal if not more manufacturing defects. No one cares though as it isn't apple.

Software as well, Android L(ollipop -_-), has tons more bugs on the OS than iOS 8 did, and more use-impeding bugs. Sensors broken, major wake lock issues due to cellular data staying on and being used even when connected to wifi (if it is quicker than the wifi connection. A nice "feature" by google to use up cellular data) (pretty sure about the reports on that), rebooting the device when unplugging from charging, etc.
i do like the software also it's not so bad at all but have horrible security and a lot of malware (apple has two malware from what I know)

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2014, 07:39:28 PM »
well, here's my thoughts on the iphone 6:
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2014, 09:23:17 PM »
well, here's my thoughts on the iphone 6:

That's what I did years ago in HTML class kind of. Not allowed to take the phone out during class. I instead had veency on my iPhone, and used it via the computer. Technically couldn't get into trouble because I wasn't breaking any rules :3