Support - Whited00r Custom iOS for iPhone 2G, 3G & iPod Touch 1G & 2G > Free Forum! - Everything Off Topic Elsewhere Goes Here!

Why is Whited00r quiet? Is the project dead? When will Whited00r 8 come out?

(1/7) > >>

JustinCase:
NO.

:P Whited00r is most certainly not dead. However, I feel the need to address this because I see a couple posts questioning why nothing is coming out. Let me just say Whited00r is not dead, and development is occurring. Matt, our glorious founder and all knowing firmware builder is a busy person. We love all of you but releasing firmware does not put food on the table. We develop in our spare time and to the best of our abilities. This takes time and to make sure everything works is bug free. However all the team members have lives outside of Whited00r and can't always commit 100% of the time. We know its been a while since WD7 came out but WD7 spent a long time in development and testing (6+ months) and whited00r 8 could take longer but we have no idea....

We do have big things coming for you, but we do not post release dates, or leak details untill we are able to show something. I'm afraid you will just have to be patient  ;)

We are always looking for help and contributions as we do this for you, the community. Submit some artwork! Review us! Suggest something for future firmware! Heck even develop an app for us! We'll be more than happy to take a look at it.

Thank you,
- JustinCase
     Global Mod @ Whited00r
Edit by iTechy to add a larger basis to stop "when will whited00r 8 come out?" Questions.

T:
It's been almost a year since there were any updates on Whited00r. I feel like there's never going to be anything else, with such a small team working on greyd00r and whited00r etc.  :(

I know it's hard to code everything, I tried fixing the white squares on the lockscreen with no success still, and there are still minor bugs like battery drainage, which I feel will never be fixed, in newer versions of WD7.X.X or WD8.X.X...

I'm starting to check more and more often for updates, but I feel as if I'm checking for nothing. Is there something special in WD8 that is taking much longer to fix than anything in WD7? WD7 was released pretty quickly after iOS7, but it feels like iOS 8 has already been out for much longer. :(

I'm still going to wait though...
Whited00r is too good to miss out on

MarioKartEpicness:
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Why arent you happy with wd7?

T:
 :o Don't put words in my mouth.

I said that Whited00r is too good to miss out on. I just wish that Apple would back-release firmwares for all older devices. They wont even reply to me regarding bugs about the newest version of iTunes!

I wish a lot of things, but most of them never happen.
 ::) I wish I had the time to help, the brains to fix; the list goes on...

MarioKartEpicness:

--- Quote from: T on February 10, 2015, 08:37:10 AM --- :o Don't put words in my mouth.

I said that Whited00r is too good to miss out on. I just wish that Apple would back-release firmwares for all older devices. They wont even reply to me regarding bugs about the newest version of iTunes!

I wish a lot of things, but most of them never happen.
 ::) I wish I had the time to help, the brains to fix; the list goes on...

--- End quote ---
It's not like i went to your house and fed you alphabet soup, and if you are commenting on here with a :( emoticon in your text one would assume you're not happy. :)

(And what would apple release for older devices? Not much new they can implement without making the device even slower, the iphone (2g i believe) is already dog slow on 4.2.1 :P)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version