Support - Whited00r Custom iOS for iPhone 2G, 3G & iPod Touch 1G & 2G > Troubleshooting - iPhone & iPod Touch 1G/2G/3G, Unlock & Jailbreak Problems & Issues

(SOLVED) Mobile substrate problem on iOS 3.1.3 & iOS 4.x

(1/4) > >>

isfiisfar:
for those of you who are facing problems with the new update of cydia safe mode substrate .. try uninstalling the current substrate from cydia . then use ifunbox or any other SSh client to reinstall the substrate the .deb of the substrate is provided below
NOTE: deleting the substrate will also delete some of the apps that depend on the substrate so be sure to make a back up of ur apps
after installing the substrate go to the saurik source in cydia look for cydia substrate click modify then click on install...similarly look for other things that are missing

ENJOY!!!
dont use this method unless u know something about iphone cydia and know how to treat your device if anything goes wrong.. other wise i will not be responsible for any of ur loss

Installation Instructions
Done by Bruan
Don't do this if you don't know what to do if your device doesn't boot or work properly after this, but don't worry too much as a restore will fix it anyway in most cases.  None of us are to be held liable if all hell breaks loose and something goes catastrophically wrong.

1. Download the .deb
Get the link at the bottom of this post

2. Get iFunBox or iTools or similar
(or skip this if you already know how to get files from your computer to your device)

3. Copy the .deb from your computer onto /var/mobile on your device

4. Open up terminal
You can skip this and step 5 if you have iFile or something like that, and just use that to install the .deb, and then reboot manually

5. Type in the following commands

--- Code: ---su
alpine
dpkg -i /var/mobile/com.saurik.substrate*
reboot

--- End code ---
You can type the full filename if you want, but this is easier and quicker ;)  (pretty sure it works if memory serves correct)

isfiisfar:
After the above procedure install preference loader from bigboss repo and then evverything will go back to normal

Bruan:
Thank you for the mini tutorial, very helpful :)   I put in a couple more things on how to install the .deb though, for the less-tech savvy users.

isfiisfar:

--- Quote from: Bruan on December 12, 2014, 06:35:30 AM ---Thank you for the mini tutorial, very helpful :)   I put in a couple more things on how to install the .deb though, for the less-tech savvy users.

--- End quote ---
bruan please again edit the post for the the note that dont  try if you dont know what to do if you break your device :)

iTechy21:
Stickied :) as this is important as its a fix without a restore...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version