Author Topic: No Push notifications for Viber on iPod 2G WD7.1 :-(  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Sukram

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
No Push notifications for Viber on iPod 2G WD7.1 :-(
« on: December 30, 2014, 02:44:04 PM »
Hello guys,

Iīve installed whited00r 7.1 on the ipod of my daughter and ... push notifications wonīt work - itīs a drama because sheīs using viber! Iīve just searched the board a few times, tried everything (changing to google DNS a.s.o.) - nothing worked, but on original IOS 4.2.1 everything works, at whited00r not. Any suggestions or experiences to make it 100% work again (ipusher just stands still by showing, that itīs gonna test the push notification) ?

Thank you and greetinx,

Markus.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:52:16 AM by Bruan »

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
Re: No Pushnotifications (Viber) iPOD (!) 2G :-(
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 12:23:48 AM »

Hello guys,

Iīve installed whited00r 7.1 on the ipod of my daughter and ... push notifications wonīt work - itīs a drama because sheīs using viber! Iīve just searched the board a few times, tried everything (changing to google DNS a.s.o.) - nothing worked, but on original IOS 4.2.1 everything works, at whited00r not. Any suggestions or experiences to make it 100% work again (ipusher just stands still by showing, that itīs gonna test the push notification) ?

Thank you and greetinx,

Markus.

Apple discontinued push notifications for iOS 3.1.3 ( I believe so anyways) and I don't think whited00r can fix that .... Ps whited00r downgrades your iPod to iOS 3.1.3 to speed it up..... I nor anyone I know of has push notifications working.
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: No Push notifications for Viber on iPod 2G WD7.1 :-(
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 05:53:07 AM »
The last few pages of this thread document this issue, but perhaps push notifications really are dead for all of 3.1.3, which if that is the case there isn't really anything anyone can do, not even with the magic of tweaks :(

No Push notifications for Viber on iPod 2G WD7.1 :-(

Offline Sukram

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2015, 09:07:14 AM »
Thanks - that would be awful ... I hate 4.2.1 on ipod 2G and love the speed and look of Whitd00r. BTW I can not login to Cydia, because of the damned cookies, that safari can not accept in 4.2.1 ... arrggghhh ...

Greetings,

Markus.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 06:42:33 AM »
Thanks - that would be awful ... I hate 4.2.1 on ipod 2G and love the speed and look of Whitd00r. BTW I can not login to Cydia, because of the damned cookies, that safari can not accept in 4.2.1 ... arrggghhh ...

Greetings,

Markus.

I'm hoping it isn't the case, but I am not really a good test case to try on my end simply because lack of apps that can notify me :(

Can't log into Cydia on WD7?

Offline Sukram

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 07:47:00 AM »
Yes, I can login to google account in WD7 - but you canīt in IOS 4.2.1 - itīs a bug in the handling of cookies in safari at IOS 4.2.1! And thatīs the pitty: I can use IOS 4.2.1 without my bought apps (cydia) OR I can use WD7 without push   ::)

Greetings,

Markus.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 04:37:19 AM »
Yes, I can login to google account in WD7 - but you canīt in IOS 4.2.1 - itīs a bug in the handling of cookies in safari at IOS 4.2.1! And thatīs the pitty: I can use IOS 4.2.1 without my bought apps (cydia) OR I can use WD7 without push   ::)

Greetings,

Markus.

Now that is quite the dilemma.  I think someone worked around that bug though...

Yeah, google account wise anyway this may work still.
Re: Google+ App iOS 4.2.1 - Cookies Are Disabled.
(or the solution lower down on that thread which involves allowing less secure logins)

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 11:58:40 AM »
So push notifications are not working at all on iOS 3?  :-\ P.S. iPusher gives me this error