Author Topic: Whited00r 7.1 - iPod Touch 2G RE: Can't get push notifications to work  (Read 1435 times)

Offline jackycarson1

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
Hi guys,
            I've been trying to get push notifications to work on my iPod Touch 2G. I've tried resetting it many times. I ALWAYS set it up as a new device after the Whited00r firmware has been installed. I've tried to download stuff from Cydia to repair it, with no luck what so ever. I've even tried some coding I've found (for the terminal app) and I seem to have no luck. Have you guys got any ideas on how to fix this, or is it simply impossible? I've tried for days now with no luck and was hoping one of you could help me out.
HELP PLEASE!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 01:13:35 AM by jackycarson1 »

Offline isfiisfar

• "i m the weirdest person" says the pakistan times
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
i love my ipod 1g
add me on fb https://www.facebook.com/muhmmad.isfar
or kik me @ isfiisfar

Offline jackycarson1

• View Profile
Re: Whited00r 7.1 - iPod Touch 2G RE: Can't get push notifications to work
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 01:22:12 PM »
Well no, simply because when I tried to get the source it told me it wasn't a valid one, meaning I couldn't download it

Offline jackycarson1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 01:27:04 PM »
it didn't work sorry. Does anyone else have any idea on how to fix this problem PLEASE HELP ME!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 06:30:40 PM by jackycarson1 »

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 05:58:26 AM »
People are reporting more and more push notifications are not working at all for 3.1.3.  What apps specifically are not working? Built in ones like mail and messages should still work as that's more via cellular and native methods...

Offline jackycarson1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 10:30:09 PM »
People are reporting more and more push notifications are not working at all for 3.1.3.  What apps specifically are not working? Built in ones like mail and messages should still work as that's more via cellular and native methods...
I get nothing, no banner notifications or lock screen notifications. On some apps it gives me the Lil red symbol with a number in it but only on mail and Facebook. I get no banner/lock screen notifications what so ever

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 06:45:14 AM »
I get nothing, no banner notifications or lock screen notifications. On some apps it gives me the Lil red symbol with a number in it but only on mail and Facebook. I get no banner/lock screen notifications what so ever

Have you set the apps to have push notifications in Settings -> Notifications -> *Name of App*?  It should be set to alert you otherwise you wouldn't get a banner.  However, not having notifications on the lock screen is weird.  I know some apps won't notify you if you have them backgrounded with backgrounder, as it thinks the app is open (thus why the dot would show on the icon, but no alert pops up because it doesn't do it for any active apps).

If Facebook shows a red dot, that makes me think perhaps they are actually getting notifications... (unless Facebook can manually set icon badge number, but I thought that was private API until iOS 4 or 5)

Offline jackycarson1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 12:38:48 PM »
Have you set the apps to have push notifications in Settings -> Notifications -> *Name of App*?  It should be set to alert you otherwise you wouldn't get a banner.  However, not having notifications on the lock screen is weird.  I know some apps won't notify you if you have them backgrounded with backgrounder, as it thinks the app is open (thus why the dot would show on the icon, but no alert pops up because it doesn't do it for any active apps).

If Facebook shows a red dot, that makes me think perhaps they are actually getting notifications... (unless Facebook can manually set icon badge number, but I thought that was private API until iOS 4 or 5)
I have all apps under alerts, banners etc still nothing, I even have Backgrounder disabled and still not working, Facebook and mail as I said, do get Lil red notification symbols next to the app, but only these two apps do. No notifications on lock screen, no banner notifications and it rely annoys me;(

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 04:41:39 AM »
I have all apps under alerts, banners etc still nothing, I even have Backgrounder disabled and still not working, Facebook and mail as I said, do get Lil red notification symbols next to the app, but only these two apps do. No notifications on lock screen, no banner notifications and it rely annoys me;(

Odd. No idea why the dots would update but no banners would show up.  Do notifications work if you disable banner notifications in the whited00r settings?

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
i have the same problem and ipusher says me this error(show in the images posted below). Can someone help me?