Author Topic: (Question) why cant we incorperate cydia enabler into whited00r?  (Read 763 times)

Offline abbeygiles1

• WE ARE THE NIGHT
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
From what ive read their is a cydia tweak called cydia enabler, and it allows you to enable tweaks in the cydia app as well as ifile. Seeing as the legibility of those apps is appaling, i was thinking we could use this to enable the ui tweaks in these root apps
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 04:58:29 AM by Bruan »
PEOPLE WHO PUT PINEAPPLE ON PIZZA ARE BARBARIANS

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: (Question) why cant we incorperate cydia enabler into whited00r?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 04:59:45 AM »
Not sure what sort of memory impact that would have, if any.  Also, we don't really want Cydia or iFile crashing during use as those are running as root and could be doing some very important file system operations which could end up breaking the device to the point of requiring a restore :s  Don't want a bug to cause a crash, or low memory because of the UI being changed on the fly through another tweak which enables it to run there...

I suppose you could try it yourself and see if it even works for the UI tweak and on Whited00r 7.x at all even ;)

Offline Schlaukopp96

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Mac
Re: (Question) why cant we incorperate cydia enabler into whited00r?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 11:50:16 AM »
Well, since Cydia 1.1.23 no longer is a root application its UI should look like the WD7 one  ;)