Author Topic: Contacts App Disappears then iPod resets  (Read 767 times)

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
Contacts App Disappears then iPod resets
« on: January 12, 2015, 10:02:15 PM »
So I haven't been on my iPod touch 2G since January 02 it's now January 12, it's been 10 days, the battery went down 40 present which is very good and it wasn't powered down. When I first went on it today I saw the contacts app was missing. So I respringed 2 times and then I tried turned it off, then I turned it on and the restore to iTunes logo was on the screen

Info, WD 7.1.4 , using my theme
I did not change any plist files in the contacts app.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 05:43:54 AM by Bruan »
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Contacts App Disappears then iPod resets
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 05:45:33 AM »
Did you change anything on the device file system wise at all, or editing files or removing/adding files or changing permissions/ownerships? (such as backing up files to your computer, then copying them back to the device - that can reset permissions and ownerships)

Before you used the device after 10 days that is, because a device can sit in a broken state for a while if it isn't used... 

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 08:29:51 AM »

Did you change anything on the device file system wise at all, or editing files or removing/adding files or changing permissions/ownerships? (such as backing up files to your computer, then copying them back to the device - that can reset permissions and ownerships)

Before you used the device after 10 days that is, because a device can sit in a broken state for a while if it isn't used...
I did nit change any thing on the device file, or other files. The only files I remember changeing was the settings-iphone & iPod .Plist

And what you said above if you don't use your ipod in a while it could mess your ipod up ?
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 05:58:06 AM »
I did nit change any thing on the device file, or other files. The only files I remember changeing was the settings-iphone & iPod .Plist

And what you said above if you don't use your ipod in a while it could mess your ipod up ?

No, I was meaning if you broke something before file system wise before not using the device for a while it could seem fine and then break after rebooted/used again.

Something definitely messed up file system wise though, did you change any whited00r settings before hand, or close out of the whited00r settings or force reboot while they were running?

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 05:49:31 PM »
No, I had not changed any of the WD settings for a while but I remember I had unlock animation on, and Sara was off so was backgrounder
, contacts was the first app on the top left on the first page, which was the app that went missing, I haven't used it for 10 days straight and the first thing I did when I turned on my iPod again was i went in to safari ( contacts was gone already) a d I was watching videos, the status bar was gray, when I was done I respringed and the iTunes logo piped up

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 06:09:45 AM »
No, I had not changed any of the WD settings for a while but I remember I had unlock animation on, and Sara was off so was backgrounder
, contacts was the first app on the top left on the first page, which was the app that went missing, I haven't used it for 10 days straight and the first thing I did when I turned on my iPod again was i went in to safari ( contacts was gone already) a d I was watching videos, the status bar was gray, when I was done I respringed and the iTunes logo piped up

I'm really not sure :(  No one else's device has randomly deleted files and required a restore like that (the reason I would guess your app went missing, and required you to restore after a respring).  There also isn't really a way to replicate the issue, because the steps to replicate are to just have a stock whited00r install with no extra modifications done to the file system... :s  (or tweaks/mods installed recently before the stopping use of the device for 10 days)