Author Topic: iphone 3g and i tunes problems  (Read 1631 times)

Offline johnngee

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
iphone 3g and i tunes problems
« on: January 25, 2015, 03:48:48 PM »
over the last few days my i phone 3g with whited00r7 keeps going into safe mode(i think its safe mode),bottom of screen asks to slide to unlock but when i try swiping across i get no response from the phone.
What i had to do was go into i tunes and restore from an older back up and then the phone goes back to normal and responds as it should do.
Today i added some more music via i-tunes,after adding some songs that are now still on the phone,when i start i-tunes,it goes through the sync process then when it goes to accessing i-tunes store it freezes,any ideas how i can solve this please?
I think the problem accessing the i tunes store might have been caused after i added some tracks off Public Image-First edition album possibly,it wasn't freezing until i added some tracks from that album.
Also,why does my phone go into safe mode in the first place and then become unresponsive?It also says at the top of the screen 'in safe mode' and as i said at the start the 'swipe to unlock' does not respond,worried it will go into safe mode but won't be able to restore from i-tunes backup as i-tunes freezes after performing sync after opening.
Any help always much appreciated.

Offline Amna A.

• Student, Blogger, Musician, Nerd, Artist
    • View Profile
    • Amna ateef
Re: iphone 3g and i tunes problems
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2015, 07:37:33 PM »
Have you tried updating or re-installing iTunes? Try restoring your iPhone and setting it up as a new one. See if the problem still persists.
My iOS Devices: iPad 2 WiFi 16GB, iOS 7.1.2 (Not Jailbreaked); iPhone 3G 8GB, iOS 4.1 (Not Jailbreaked)
A Windows 7, Ubuntu 14.04.01 and OS X Mavericks & Yosemite user. Also a nerdy Android user.
Blog Twitter | Portfolio | Tumblr

Offline johnngee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2015, 08:50:34 PM »
No i haven't tried doing that,will do it and report back with results.
Many thanks for the input,lets hope it sorts it out.

Offline johnngee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2015, 09:55:32 PM »
re-installed itunes but my phone is not detected by it for some reason,so which file do i need to restore to iphone 3g?

Offline Amna A.

• View Profile
    • Amna ateef
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 09:56:21 AM »
Get the firmware file (.ispw) for the iOS (2,3,4) version on which you'd like to restore. Try using a different PC or Mac with the latest version of iTunes.
My iOS Devices: iPad 2 WiFi 16GB, iOS 7.1.2 (Not Jailbreaked); iPhone 3G 8GB, iOS 4.1 (Not Jailbreaked)
A Windows 7, Ubuntu 14.04.01 and OS X Mavericks & Yosemite user. Also a nerdy Android user.

Offline johnngee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 11:53:13 AM »
i just need to know which correct file to download for i phone 3g.
My phone became locked when  i tried to restore to apple ios 3.1.3 previously.
I downloaded and installed whited00r 7.1 normal.
Should i have downloaded and installed Whited00r 7.1 Unlocker?
I was reading " prepare your device" and can find no Redsn0w on my device.
This phone was bought 2nd hand with whited00r already installed. From day 1 when i open i tunes i have never been able to access the i tunes store,just have a blank screen.
Sorry for my ignorance with all this but this is the first time i have had a 'smart phone.'
So do i restore by downloading /installing whited00r 7.1 normal?or with whited00r 7.1 Unlocker?

Offline Amna A.

• View Profile
    • Amna ateef
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2015, 04:15:15 PM »
I recommend you to leave whited00r for now and restore to normally to iOS 4.1. After the problem is solved you may get whited00r again. Redsn0w is actually a program which jailbreaks your iOS device. It is present on your PC or Mac, not on the phone. I also recommend you to stay away from jailbreaking until your problem is fully solved.

Offline johnngee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 04:32:18 PM »
phone will not restore to ios 4.1,i tried to restore and it became locked to international calls only.
I took it to a shop that unlocks phones and they told me they could not unlock it and it was locked to international calls only.It came installed with whitd00r already installed when i bought it 2nd hand,I Tunes only started to freeze after i added some songs from a cd i own,the phone works ok its just the problem now with i-tunes freezing.
After it became locked to international calls only i restored it to whited00r7 via i tunes and it worked fine until i added those songs from a cd.
I know how to go through the restore process i would just like to know if its worth trying the whitedoor unlock file or the whited00r normal which might help with the itunes problem if i start from a fresh install of either unlock or normal?
thanks for the input so far.

Offline johnngee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2015, 06:52:34 PM »
In I Tunes i tried to restore to ios 4.1-just get error message saying "The' iphone ' cannot be restored at this time because the iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable."
please try again later.

Looks like its not going to work at all now :(

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2015, 07:42:45 PM »
In I Tunes i tried to restore to ios 4.1-just get error message saying "The' iphone ' cannot be restored at this time because the iphone software update server could not be contacted or is temporarily unavailable."
please try again later.

Looks like its not going to work at all now :(
I think they stopped signing 4.1 ipsw's, at least according to https://ipsw.me/   :(
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline Amna A.

• View Profile
    • Amna ateef
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2015, 08:18:32 PM »
It's being signed. Your internet connection may be down. If not, try a different computer.

Offline johnngee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2015, 10:16:29 PM »
internet is not down,i followed the instructions in post 6 here http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php/topic,8725.0.html
i tunes does the extracting software then tells me server cannot be reached or is busy try again later.Tommorow i will try it on another pc i have,just need to set it up,had enough of it for the mo,if it doesn't work on the other pc then its going on ebay.
Thanks for your help Amna,much appreciated,fingers crossed itunes may restore on my other pc,will let you know how it ends up.
thanks again.

Offline Amna A.

• View Profile
    • Amna ateef
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 09:45:30 AM »
I hope your problem solves. It basically seems to be unlocked/locked issue. If you have iTools (much recommended on this forum) it will tell you from where the phone actually came, that will help you a lot to determine to which firmware file you should actually restore to. Currently I am also experiencing problems with my 3G. It has accidentally went into recovery mode and is not coming out of it. I guess I'll have to restore it. I am trying to solve that to. :(

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2015, 09:55:39 AM »
I hope your problem solves. It basically seems to be unlocked/locked issue. If you have iTools (much recommended on this forum) it will tell you from where the phone actually came, that will help you a lot to determine to which firmware file you should actually restore to. Currently I am also experiencing problems with my 3G. It has accidentally went into recovery mode and is not coming out of it. I guess I'll have to restore it. I am trying to solve that to. :(
Why don't you open up redsnow given in whited00r.zip and sellect get out of recovery mode or something of a kind like that ?
New Thinking New Possiblities.
Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3

Offline Amna A.

• View Profile
    • Amna ateef
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 10:28:01 AM »
Why don't you open up redsnow given in whited00r.zip and sellect get out of recovery mode or something of a kind like that ?
Did the redsn0w thing already, it's not detecting my phone. I tried TinyUmbrella but it can't solve it either.