Author Topic: iphone 3g and i tunes problems  (Read 1632 times)

Offline johnngee

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: iphone 3g and i tunes problems
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 12:27:46 PM »
managed to restore using the Whited00r71-iPhone3G-Unlocker.ipsw.
I closed firefox browser when i did this as i-tunes was crashing nearly every time i opened it while having firefox pages open.
Set it up as a new phone in i tunes.
Now,i don't know if it will go back into recovery mode again if i get a missed call,that what was happening to the phone,every time i got a missed call message on screen,it would go into safe mode,i'd try and swipe across the bottom to open the phone and it would then go into recovery mode.
I then had to get it back working by using an older back up in itunes,obviously there was something wrong with my phone to do that,what i don't know.If anyone knows why then please let me know.
Thanks for the help Amna and for letting me know about i tools,not heard of that before.
Hope you can get yours out of recovery mode asap,technology is great when it works but a total nightmare when its not.
Will report back if i get the missed call problem again,fingers crossed it won't.
Thanks again. :)

Offline johnngee

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 01:10:38 PM »
one question-what is pushfixer for?says on my phone-code:not set.status:not fixed.
Can someone tell me what this is for please?

Offline Amna A.

• Student, Blogger, Musician, Nerd, Artist
    • View Profile
    • Amna ateef
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 02:52:04 PM »
Glad I helped :) Push Fixer is some sort of fix for those experiencing problems with push notifications on their whited00r devices.
http://www.pushfixer.com/
Anyways I agree with you on the technology nightmare thing...
My iOS Devices: iPad 2 WiFi 16GB, iOS 7.1.2 (Not Jailbreaked); iPhone 3G 8GB, iOS 4.1 (Not Jailbreaked)
A Windows 7, Ubuntu 14.04.01 and OS X Mavericks & Yosemite user. Also a nerdy Android user.
Blog Twitter | Portfolio | Tumblr

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2015, 05:28:52 AM »
I think push notifications are dead on iOS 3.x anyway for third party apps, but if the stock SMS app doesn't give push notifications you need the method linked above.

As for the safemode issue not having input, that is explained (and fixed) in this post:
(SOLVED) Mobile substrate problem on iOS 3.1.3 & iOS 4.x