Author Topic: Use a jailbreak on an iPhone 4s with power button broken?  (Read 1357 times)

Offline akberali932

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Use a jailbreak on an iPhone 4s with power button broken?
« on: February 19, 2015, 01:13:19 PM »
theres an iphone 4s very cheap 16gb cdma the only problem is that its power/lock button is broken i want to ask you guys what will be the problems that i will be facing because of it and can i upgrade it to latest ios and jailbreak it without having power button And a big THANKS for always telling me what to do you guys are doin a awsome job :)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 06:12:26 AM by Bruan »

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
Re: iphone 4s power button broken
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 01:43:09 PM »
You might want to check to see if it's IMEI locked just Google Apple IMEI lock and ask the seller for the IMEI.
If he ignores you don't buy it as it's properly stolen...

As for the power button the only way you will be able to turn on the device by plugging it in to a power source. And you can enable assistive touch in the accessability menu
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 02:57:50 PM »
Put some rubbing alcohol on it ( rubbing alcohol is covalent so it's safe for iPhones ) and just use an old tooth brush and brush it, then start pressing it like crazy till its loose
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline akberali932

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 03:10:09 PM »
thanks for the replys i just want to know how will i reboot my device if it freezes and will  i be able to put it in dfu mode  ? Thanks again for replying

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 04:18:44 PM »
thanks for the replys i just want to know how will i reboot my device if it freezes and will  i be able to put it in dfu mode  ? Thanks again for replying
The jailbreaking process depends on what ios version you are running on..... For ios 8.1 till 8.1.2 you dont need to put your device into DFU you'll have to install Pangu or Taig(something similar) jailbreak tool and go on with your installiation
So you don't need the power button for the installation and I don't think iPhone 4s freezes (I haven't experience it in these years )
My fears are a bit similar to what iTechy21 told you since the phone is cheap if it has been is stolen and activation lock has enabled you cannot do anything with it and it is also Carrier locked so be carefull while buying it...
And you can get the button repaired for about 10$ (or whichever country your from)I suppose...
New Thinking New Possiblities.
Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3

Offline akberali932

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 06:23:37 PM »
no its not icloud locked i can install apps and games and here its very hard to find a guy who repair these iphonea :p

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Use a jailbreak on an iPhone 4s with power button broken?
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 06:16:13 AM »
You can not jailbreak the latest firmware out. However, depending on what firmware is on the device, you may still be able to jailbreak. (unless it was OTA updated to that firmware, which then you will get bugs)  Just make sure you don't restore the device otherwise you will not be able to! If you reset the device, make sure to do it before you jailbreak.

As for the alcohol, make sure it is pure alcohol, not the stuff you drink (hopefully), more medical/cleaning alcohol. Otherwise you will have conductivity in it and quite possibly short out the device.