Author Topic: incomplete itunes library ERROR  (Read 6538 times)

Offline whitearven

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
incomplete itunes library ERROR
« on: February 22, 2015, 11:51:03 AM »
hello,
just wanted to update from WD6 to WD7.
after running redsnow 0-9-14b2 i get the following error:
-------------------
incomplete itunes library
 certain operations (like the a5 jailbreak) are disabled due to incomplete itunes libraries.
please be sure the latest itunes is installed.

software\apple inc.\apple mobile device support\install dir not found
--------------------------
i have itunes 12.1.1.4 64 bit installed.

any help woul´d be cool

many thanks in advance
WA

Offline whitearven

• View Profile
Re: incomplete itunes library ERROR
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 04:47:06 PM »
on my old laptop with itunes 11-1-3-8 it worked without problems. so problems come with itunes12   :'(

Offline JustinCase

• An Agent of the System...
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Here since WD 3.x
    • View Profile
    • Whited00rDev
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 07:33:20 PM »
I believe so try to downgrade to iTunes 11
I get on every now and then to check up
Go ahead and download Whited00r 8 BETA if you haven't yet: http://goo.gl/AFZIUT <------

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 06:30:34 PM »
I believe this article will help
http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-apple-driver-hasnt-been-found-error-during-taig-ios-8.3-jailbreak/
But you don't need to worry about the taig jailbreak stuff
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline noene

• View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 04:08:22 AM »
I believe this article will help
http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-apple-driver-hasnt-been-found-error-during-taig-ios-8.3-jailbreak/
But you don't need to worry about the taig jailbreak stuff

I'm here to help :)
Oh!  Something I think I remember as to what causes WTF mode is actually opening iTunes up.  Make sure iTunes stays closed the entire time the device is being put in PWNED DFU mode/DFU mode.

Enter PWNED DFU mode with Redsn0w first, and then let it finish up.  Hopefully it wouldn't enter WTF mode until it is done with PWNED DFU mode-ing it :)
I am pretty sure it doesn't matter for the iTunes version, it will still put the device in WTF mode. Redsn0w is just the only tool that works for entering PWNED DFU mode correctly with iTunes versions higher than 11.05.

After finishing up with redsn0w, close it out before opening up iTunes, and if iTunes fails with an error on restore (although it shouldn't if you are in PWNED DFU mode), you have to re-enter DFU mode and then PWNED DFU mode again otherwise it will not work either.

There was no other update from the other folks, but FYI:

This helped me solve my issues, after trying a few other things - and big thanks to Bruan for suggestions in other threads!  I wanted to post this as a thanks, and a pointer for those running into the same problems I did to limit the digging  ;)

I'm on Windows 8, with iTunes 12.1.2... 64bit, running redsn0w 0.9.14, trying to get Whited00r 7.1 Normal on my iPhone 3G. Don't know anything about bands, because I'm not using it as a phone anymore. I'm trying to get apps and such working again so that it's not just a fancy paperweight.

I was trying to get my 3G into PWNED DFU mode, and kept getting a mixture of redsn0w 0.9.14 not seeing my device and iTunes giving the 1600 error.  From Bruan's advice, I made sure to prevent iTunes from launching as soon as I got the phone into recovery (causing it to switch to WTF mode, if I read that other thread correctly).  This was part of the issue. The other part was that I was also getting this 'incomplete libraries' error. This link, and specifically the download .exe listed, fixed the other part of the issue, removing the error from redsn0w and finally getting me to a point I could get into PWNED DFU mode.

From there everything worked beautifully. Thanks for all the effort!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 04:20:57 AM by noene »