Author Topic: YOUTUBE API CHANGED 3.1.3 YOUTUBE NO LONGER WORKS! - Alternative apps?  (Read 8214 times)

Offline TheShewolf

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Mac
Thats what I do, favorite videos from your youtube acc on computer and automatically transfered to iPhone

Yeah it sucks but its better than nothing. I started doing it from Opera. searching for videos there and see whats new form my subscriptions and adding to the playlist from there.

Further more, this is curious, I use twitter-3.2.1-whited00r_tested.ipa and if you follow a tweet's link to a video it actually does show you the new youtube website and plays the video just fine...

Offline iCookiee

• View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
Re: YOUTUBE API CHANGED 3.1.3 YOUTUBE NO LONGER WORKS! - Alternative apps?
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 04:23:58 PM »
NOPE Opera use youtube api v2 so I can't watch vids there and now I can't watch vids on the youtube APP because it is down, (even watching on the playlists) SO I don't think youtube will ever come back

Offline 75anders

• ios 3.1.3 for the win!
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2015, 12:18:46 AM »
Go to this link: http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php/topic,12754.0.html    There is some outer browsers that play youtube good.
-Anders

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 07:08:50 PM »
Hello to everyone! I founded the solution for watching youtube videos on old iDevices. A have the same problem, my Youtube app is no longer supported and Safari can't play Youtube videos. And after some time of searching i found a browser named Mercury Browser, which is available on AppTimeMachine! It has good features and is supporting Youtube, so you can watch videos in High Quality from Youtube on it. Try it! It's working ;) Hope i helped  :)

Offline RyanRyan

• Developer
  • meh :/
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2016, 09:28:22 PM »
Hey... mercury browser doesn't even load the vid for me... :( so normally i just sync vids to my iphone 3g... help plz none of this is working  :-[
ps. im using whited00r 7.1
never thought ios 3.1.3 would be so interesting :)

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2016, 09:07:43 AM »
Hey... mercury browser doesn't even load the vid for me... :( so normally i just sync vids to my iphone 3g... help plz none of this is working  :-[
ps. im using whited00r 7.1
Hello :) Read this topic http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php/topic,13018.0.html i reported this to whited00r cause i thinked it is a whited00r bug but it's an iOS 3.1.3 issue.

Offline jackoverfull

• To the future, blinkin' an eye to the past.
    • View Profile

Offline Chris M.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2017, 05:28:11 PM »
Hello, i found an alternative app for watching Youtube videos and it works very well. I found it from a user. The app that i'm talking about is MiniBrowser pro
If you want a Fast simple browser I would suggest Mini Browser or Mini browser pro its a simple fast browser and the latest version works fine on ios 3.1.3 it also plays youtube videos fine without lag.  ipa and appstore links: http://iapps-old.weebly.com
Just go to this link( http://iapps-old.weebly.com/downloads.html ) and you will find ios 3 compatible apps, there is the mini browser too. Just click on "download" and it will redirect you to a cracked version on AppStore, install and you can use it. You can watch easily Youtube videos in HQ and normal quality and works for all, in Safari you can watch only some of the videos because ios 3 don't have all video certs.
P.S. i was able to watch a google+ video on this browser too!!!
Hope i helped :)