Author Topic: [Release] Icon for iPhone 3G (pre-alpha version 1.0)  (Read 1685 times)

Offline asvpxcortez

• #youthSquad
    • View Profile
    • My repository
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
  • My Computer: Windows
[Release] Icon for iPhone 3G (pre-alpha version 1.0)
« on: April 29, 2015, 05:54:37 PM »
Hey Whited00r,

Icon is an aftermarket operating system for legacy devices like iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS and eventually iPod Touches and iPads. The main goal of Icon is not only speed, stability or security, we are also striving for the other aspects like design, customization, possibilities and more. For now Icon is supported by one mediocre developer/designer, me. I am searching for hobby developers, designers and people that can create unique ideas. If you want to be part of the project, you may comment here or even just send me a message and we will look in to the interest of the community.

Today I compressed a file for people with an iPhone 3G that wants to try Icon out. This version contains a lot of minor fixes and improvements that will make future updates work more stable and fluent. Also contains it developer tools like SSH and Cydia (where you can install Terminal and iFile). This software update doesn't require any activation with iTunes.

Future update may contain a new engine where Icon can take a nice place in your device and makes every changes to the system much seamless.

Founded bugs are that the telephone and SMS services does not work correctly. Also you may get problems with connecting to a cell tower. Further it can also be that location services are inaccurate. And that some apps may crash once awhile. If you have found other bugs, please comment it here or send me a message about it.

Thanks for reading and see you later!

https://mega.co.nz/#!5R8V1DyK!hbJZy1YcyyqnPeD-LWOK8ByE6IwI7_rFsnewovTMFnU

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
Re: [Release] Icon for iPhone 3G (pre-alpha version 1.0)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 02:59:13 PM »
What type of icon is this can you upload a screen shot?
New Thinking New Possiblities.
Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3

Offline hiddeishier3

• Jr. Team Member
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 05:09:49 PM »
Hey!

Looking at your user account I understand that you're Dutch, so the rest of my message will be in Dutch. If you don't understand it I could resend the message in English ;)

Verdergaand in het Nederlands :p Ik begrijp uit je forum-post dat je bezig bent met een vergelijkbaar project als Whited00r en dat je nog op zoek bent naar nieuwe teamleden. Hierbij laat ik weten dat ik je graag wil helpen. Ik maak al geruime tijd deel uit van het Whited00r team en merk dat het project enigzins is vastgelopen. De gedachte dat er meer mensen op de wereld zijn die hun kennis willen gebruiken om oudere devices bruikbaar te maken spreekt mij erg aan. Helaas ben ik niet in staat om te coderen  (ik zit meer in de web development kant), hoewel ik hier graag meer over zou willen leren. Op het gebied van Designing, moderating, organisatie en marketing kan ik gelukkig wel wat betekenen.

Graag hoor ik iets.
Mvg.
Hidde Z.
Moderator on the Whited00r forum, Apple watcher, Student, Developer, Council member of Piter Jelles.
Here to awnser all your questions about whited00r. You can ask them in English as well as in Dutch!

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2015, 03:41:36 PM »
Hey!

Looking at your user account I understand that you're Dutch, so the rest of my message will be in Dutch. If you don't understand it I could resend the message in English ;)

Verdergaand in het Nederlands :p Ik begrijp uit je forum-post dat je bezig bent met een vergelijkbaar project als Whited00r en dat je nog op zoek bent naar nieuwe teamleden. Hierbij laat ik weten dat ik je graag wil helpen. Ik maak al geruime tijd deel uit van het Whited00r team en merk dat het project enigzins is vastgelopen. De gedachte dat er meer mensen op de wereld zijn die hun kennis willen gebruiken om oudere devices bruikbaar te maken spreekt mij erg aan. Helaas ben ik niet in staat om te coderen  (ik zit meer in de web development kant), hoewel ik hier graag meer over zou willen leren. Op het gebied van Designing, moderating, organisatie en marketing kan ik gelukkig wel wat betekenen.

Graag hoor ik iets.
Mvg.
Hidde Z.
To make things easy
google translated!!
Continuing in Dutch : p I understand from your forum post that you are working on a similar project as Whited00r and you're still looking for new team members. It let me know that I want to help you. I make long been part of the team Whited00r and notice that the project is slightly jammed . The thought that there are more people in the world who want to use their knowledge to make usable older devices really appeals to me . Unfortunately I am not able to encode ( I'm more in the web development side ), although here I gladly would like to learn more about . In the field of Designing , moderating , organization and marketing , I can happily use some mean .

I would like to hear something.
Mvg .
Hidde Z.
thats what he ment
please try to keep the topic in english you know we are all not dutch...
cheers :D
New Thinking New Possiblities.
Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3

Offline hiddeishier3

• Jr. Team Member
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2015, 04:02:30 PM »
@[email protected]

Hi! This message wasn't actually ment to be a reply to his forum post, but more of a personal message. I tried to send him a PM, but it didn't work. If you'd read my message carefully you might notice this, but of course the forum should be in english and my apologies for not completely writing my message in English. So it didn't seem necessary because op and I speak the same language and the message was actually meant for him. Hope this helps clear things up.
Moderator on the Whited00r forum, Apple watcher, Student, Developer, Council member of Piter Jelles.
Here to awnser all your questions about whited00r. You can ask them in English as well as in Dutch!

Offline AnimateDread

• SuperHero Member
  • Learning developer
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 06:27:35 AM »
why don't you contribute directly to whited00r ? do you know how to program?
Soutient en Francais ici