Author Topic: Speed up iPhone 3G 4.2.1 w/ Homescreen WP and Working Multitasking and can score high in Geekbench  (Read 1065 times)

Offline kevs2295

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User since November 3, 2014
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Account
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Windows
Speed Up iPhone 3G in iOS 4.2.1

1. Restore to 4.2.1
2. Jailbreak via Redsn0w - downgrade basebands and it is advisable to JUST ENABLE MULTITASKING. DONT ENABLE HOMESCREEN WALLPAPER.
3. When done, Open iTools/iFile go to System-Library-Core Services-Springboard.app-N82AP.plist, change opengl-es1 to opengles-2
4. Reboot.
5. Download and Install Springtomize and Backgrounder via Insanelyi repo and iCleaner via Bigboss repo
6. When done, go to iCleaner, click the bottom left icon - languages - languages to remove - Select all, and deselect your native language and japanese (because emoji might not work)
7. Then select Language-Clean.
8. Select Keyboards-Clean
9. Go to the middle icon, set message attachments to Smart (Well it is up to you)
10. Turn on unused dependencies but NOT CYDIA SOURCES.
11. Clean (top right)
12. Respring.
13. Go to Preferences of Springtomize - General - Disable Spotlight.
Capabilities - Set to ON and select everything except unified iPod, front camera and magnetometer.
Animations - Custom Duration On - Drag it such that it will be 10% of the dragger/slider (Idk what it is.
- Vertical Animation ON (maybe you may like it too)
Icons - Hide Shadow ON
 Disable Jittering ON
Closebox Type - RED MINUS
App Switcher - START EDITING ON
Lockscreen - Custom String ON
Leave it empty.
Respring to apply changes!
14. Now open Backgrounder - Global - Off. Then go to Overrides - Add apps - Settings and Messages (important apps that is likely the most frequenly opened) then Set method to Native.
15. Now open iFile again. Go to System - Library - LaunchDaemons - Delete Safe daemons, the daemons to delete are in the other thread.
16. Download and Install Appsync via Insanelyi repo.
17. Download geekbench 2.2.3 in the downloads page. install it via Installous 5 (Insanelyi repo), or iTools or iFunbox.
18. Open the app and Run benchmarks.
19. Watch it score and be stable at 141-142. (Maybe that will be okay for iOS 4.2.1)

Maybe you will have a difficulty choosing your homescreen wallpaper but you can just download Bosspaper from Bigboss/Mit0's repo to have an optimized homescreen WP. That's all! Hope i helped! 
If we want it, there are many possible ways. If we don't, there are many possible reasons.

Offline kevs2295

• View Profile
    • Facebook Account
Stable at 141-142 if it has Homescreen WP, but stable at 142-143 when no homescreen WP.
Also, LaunchDaemons to remove are found here.

http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index?topic=2931.0

I will upload Geekbench 2.2.7 WHICH WORKS ON IOS 3.1.3 TOO!
(Bruan, I don't know how to upload, can you please upload it to ATM for me when I posted it? Thanks! :) )

I will upload some apps at a later time if I could but it may be at a different thread.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 07:30:38 AM by kevs2295 »
If we want it, there are many possible ways. If we don't, there are many possible reasons.

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
The ATM has geekbench and whited00r will score 144 (according to me) :)
New Thinking New Possiblities.
Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3

Offline kevs2295

• View Profile
    • Facebook Account
It's for the users out there who were trying to speed up their poor 4.2.1. (At least)

It may be faster, but at the end of the day, it's still a 3G.

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
It's for the users out there who were trying to speed up their poor 4.2.1. (At least)

It may be faster, but at the end of the day, it's still a 3G.
Eh, it'll make a few select games like sonic 4 episode 1 playable. (that usaully stops working after enough time/on a slow enough device)
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞