Author Topic: DONT  (Read 627 times)

Offline noob

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
DONT
« on: July 20, 2015, 01:19:49 AM »
iphone 3g 2g and ipod 1 or 2 are death witherd00r is not more usefull and i dont see anyway of binging back this stuff again you can actually bring it back but that would require to program on actuall ios and not on jailbreak, to make an unnoficcial patch like ios 3.1.7 or something like that jailbreak for ios 3.1.3 is not better and withed00r 8 i think it wont revive it, on the other had grayd00r would last for like a year and you should try to program the iphone 3gs it still alive
Is ye boi

Offline iMaster

• View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
Re: DONT
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 06:34:07 PM »
You have whited00r installed in your device?

Offline MarioKartEpicness

• IPA God
  • SuperHero Member
  • MKE and Dog, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
  • Device: Does Not Own iDevice ARMv6
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 07:04:05 PM »
If you ask me everything not cappable of installing ios 5 is dead, and this is the best way to make the dead thing look alive and pretty.
There's already a nice explanation of what they have in mind, so do check this stickied forum post: http://www.whited00r.com/forum/index.php/topic,10618.0.html
 ;)
You see this dog? Yeah, she's my cute dog. (☞゚∀゚)☞

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 12:24:25 AM »
iphone 3g 2g and ipod 1 or 2 are death witherd00r is not more usefull and i dont see anyway of binging back this stuff again you can actually bring it back but that would require to program on actuall ios and not on jailbreak, to make an unnoficcial patch like ios 3.1.7 or something like that jailbreak for ios 3.1.3 is not better and withed00r 8 i think it wont revive it, on the other had grayd00r would last for like a year and you should try to program the iphone 3gs it still alive

We can't modify the original apple firmware. We can only do custom made tweaks and apps.

Right now we are working on supporting devices stuck on iOS 5 via Grayd00r, but have plans to back port that when that is done so it supports whited00r for what is feasibly possible memory/performance wise.
iOS 6 will probably come eventually too, although no details on that yet or real plans. How Grayd00r is being built is probably the best way to go for us though, but the big picture of that is still in the works of being implemented and a while away.

Offline noob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 05:47:46 AM »
why you cant modify actual firmware, yes i have whited00r, ipod 2 and iphone 3, also grayd00r is not fast tho i make a test on an ipad 1, normal firmware vs the modify version and the og won the speed test
Is ye boi

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2015, 11:39:54 AM »

why you cant modify actual firmware, yes i have whited00r, ipod 2 and iphone 3, also grayd00r is not fast tho i make a test on an ipad 1, normal firmware vs the modify version and the og won the speed test
if you go to Grayd00r.com I believe there are download links for it
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline noob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2015, 03:27:12 PM »
wat? i do have grayd00r installed on my ipad
Is ye boi

Offline iPH0NE_3GS

• SuperHero Member
  • 3GS BABY !
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2015, 02:09:24 AM »

wat? i do have grayd00r installed on my ipad
If u do plz upload some pics
Check out My "iOS 11 Theme For WD 7.1 " to make your WD 7.1 device look and Feel like iOS 11 !!

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • My Computer: Linux
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 02:17:37 AM »

It is closed source...  It isn't like android where you can just spin off another custom ROM. 
We haven't done any optimizations on the system at the moment.  If you want your speed back, disable the UI tweak. That should help with the general lag overall, as well as crashes and bugs in the system.