Author Topic: Design suggestion for future firmwares/projects  (Read 381 times)

Offline Schlaukopp96

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Mac
Design suggestion for future firmwares/projects
« on: August 19, 2015, 12:09:27 PM »
Why not allow the user to decide wether he prefers the original iOS3 or the WD7 design? It'd be cool to see something like a theming tool inside the Settings app which gives one the ability to switch back and forth between themes. And I mean like manual theming not the Winterboard one. Or you could just release an unthemed but tweaked version of Whited00r and leave a zip file with images for manual theming. And disabling the WDUI substrate shouldn't lead to a SpringBoard crash  ;)

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Linux
Re: Design suggestion for future firmwares/projects
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 07:15:03 AM »
Why not allow the user to decide wether he prefers the original iOS3 or the WD7 design? It'd be cool to see something like a theming tool inside the Settings app which gives one the ability to switch back and forth between themes. And I mean like manual theming not the Winterboard one. Or you could just release an unthemed but tweaked version of Whited00r and leave a zip file with images for manual theming. And disabling the WDUI substrate shouldn't lead to a SpringBoard crash  ;)

A lot of the graphics in whited00r rely on the UI tweak doing behind the scenes work sadly :(
Otherwise it would be possible to just swap out the images like you say.

Grayd00r, the new project for iOS 5 devices we are building, does actually give more choice, or at least it is being designed to in the long run. Much more choice than whited00r actually :)  That system may be able to be back ported for some bits when it is completed and stable, to use in whited00r.