Author Topic: problem: iOS 7 reports me to 3.1.3 version instead of 4.2.1  (Read 807 times)

Offline Giulianza

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
  • My Computer: Mac
problem: iOS 7 reports me to 3.1.3 version instead of 4.2.1
« on: August 19, 2015, 06:26:32 PM »
Hi,
I've got a problem: I'm jailbreaking my 3G to iOS 7 and then trying to install WhatsApp.
Steps I follow: from 3.1.3 version I update my IPhone to 4.2.1 from Itunes, then I do the jailbreak whit RedSnow and install iOS 7; all goes perfect and I do it successfully. But when I check which version it's on, my 3G show me I'm on the 3.1.3 version instead of 4.2.1 update that I did few minutes after!! So I can't install the crack WhatsApp.
I tried both Normal and Unlocker version of Whited00r but both of them goes in the same way. I have iOS 7  on my phone but underground I have 3.1.3 version, and I need 4.2.1!

Please, I need a brain here!

Offline iMaster

• View Profile
  • My Computer: Windows
Re: problem: iOS 7 reports me to 3.1.3 version instead of 4.2.1
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 01:16:29 AM »
good regret to say that first of all you can never have WhatsApp on iPhone 3G even though you're in the IOS version 4.2.1. good to start Whited00r not say that you installed ios 7, nothing else is a custom firmware that brings the look of ios 7 and some features of this. Whited00r everything is based on the ios 3.1.3 that when installing Whited00r ios 3.1.3 is installed

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 07:42:10 AM »
Whited00r isn't actually IOS 7. It is a heavily modified 3.1.3. As for whatsapp support you need to blame them for it not working as they have dropped support server side and are not sending activation texts...
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline Giulianza

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 02:37:52 PM »
I'm new on whited00r and jailbreak, so thank you guys for all clarifications to my gaps (and for future gaps I'll do)

Well, I have to accept that WhatsApp will never run on my 3G, isn't it?
I found some articles on the web about restoring WhatsApp on 4.2.1 version, one of them was about using iFile, going in System/Library/CoreService, then finding the file SystemVersion.plist, opening it as a text and rewriting firmware number from 4.2.1 to 4.3. This trick, they say, will fool the AppStore and agree to download WhatsApp on 3G. I'm not pretty sure it can work but I'd like to hear a concrete opinion

Offline iTechy21

• Bashing the shell
  • Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Well errr... Stuff :3
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
  • Device: iPod Touch 1G
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 05:43:33 PM »
I'm new on whited00r and jailbreak, so thank you guys for all clarifications to my gaps (and for future gaps I'll do)

Well, I have to accept that WhatsApp will never run on my 3G, isn't it?
I found some articles on the web about restoring WhatsApp on 4.2.1 version, one of them was about using iFile, going in System/Library/CoreService, then finding the file SystemVersion.plist, opening it as a text and rewriting firmware number from 4.2.1 to 4.3. This trick, they say, will fool the AppStore and agree to download WhatsApp on 3G. I'm not pretty sure it can work but I'd like to hear a concrete opinion
That wouldn't work on 3.1.3 as the frameworks are different. But feel free to give it a shot on iOS 4 :)
Follow me on twitter! | Subscribe to my YouTube Channel! | Follow my blog!
Please Read all the stickies if you're new. And follow the rules, please :)

Offline Giulianza

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 10:44:36 PM »
That wouldn't work on 3.1.3 as the frameworks are different. But feel free to give it a shot on iOS 4 :)

Thank you so much for all  ;)
If I finally get it I'll tell