Author Topic: Rotation lock wont go away  (Read 1082 times)

Offline b0b sm1th

• IPod user
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Linux
Rotation lock wont go away
« on: November 04, 2015, 11:33:33 PM »
I know this seems silly but the rotation lock on my IPod turned on and now is stuck on and I REALLY want it off. The only packages I have installed recently were BTstack Keyboard and BTstack, however I do have several other packages installed but they were installed for a while before this problem (note: using toggles to turn off rotation lock does not work, they are already "off"). Anyone help?

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
  • Device: iPhone 3G
Re: Rotation lock wont go away
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 05:38:38 AM »
Are you toggling it via the app switcher or the control center? I'm not sure if one overrides the other but I do think they conflict for the preferences there. You may get the icon in the status bar but it may not be enabled, or the other way around as well when you use both the app switcher's one and the control center's one interchangeably.

If that's what is happening, just disable the app switcher or control center (only one for this time), then toggle orientation lock on/off after you've disabled one of the tweaks. 
Then enable the other tweak again and just don't use the orientation lock option in that specific tweak and only use it in the other one.

Offline jackoverfull

• To the future, blinkin' an eye to the past.
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 04:08:23 PM »
Mine is stuck as well. I can turn it off from the Control Center but still can't go in landscape mode. Not even sure on how to change it using the app switcher.

Offline Bruan

• Feature Developer
  • Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
  • Methuselah
    • View Profile
    • Bruan_WD Twitter
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 09:48:01 PM »
Mine is stuck as well. I can turn it off from the Control Center but still can't go in landscape mode. Not even sure on how to change it using the app switcher.

The iOS 5/6 style app switcher has one I think still, one one of them. Not the fast app switcher option. If you didn't have it enabled it wouldn't be the cause of the bug though anyway.

Offline jackoverfull

• To the future, blinkin' an eye to the past.
    • View Profile
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 03:33:43 PM »
found it eventually, and it was locked there somehow.

For possible future users with the same problem: with multitasking mode set to manual (not io7 syle) double press the home button to go to the app switcher, then swipe right, music controls and lock will come up.