Author Topic: Unresponsive Ipod 2g ...  (Read 394 times)

Offline Caithis

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
Unresponsive Ipod 2g ...
« on: June 14, 2016, 10:34:42 PM »
I am pretty new to this jailbreaking venture and have recently jailbroken my Ipod 2g and it worked decently for a few days and I was trying to figure the whole thing out for myself and today I was just going about my business playing a game (I think it was called battles & castles) and it wasn't loading all the way and kept crashing back to the home menu so I go to just lock it and try again later well I come back and attempt to open it but the thing is completely unresponsive save for when I plug it up then it will show up all normal showing that its charging but nothing else seems to be working not any buttons or anything if anyone can offer any assistance that would be deeply appreciated...  :(

Offline miguelmcruuuz

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
Re: Unresponsive Ipod 2g ...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 12:20:12 AM »
That happened to me when i installed WD 7.1 for the first time.

try to reset the ipod by pressing the home + power button for about 15 seconds. it should restart the device
check if it works..

if not, then the ipsw you downloaded may have been corrupted (the file you downloaded was not the exact same size as the one from the site or you installed files from cydia that may have corrupted the ipod)
try downloading the custom ipsw again and make sure the file size is identical then reinstall the firmware

you can still put the device in dfu mode in that state. :)

Offline [email protected]

• SuperHero Member
  • Old is Smart!
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 3G
Re: Unresponsive Ipod 2g ...
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 07:40:33 AM »
That Has happned necause of cydia substrate since all the new devices need or new iOS need different kind of script which our old Device cannot understand it crashes everything so its best you go into safe mode (which code i have forgotten the code try searching the forum for safe mode code..) and your games will run...
for a fix you will have to install and old version of cydia substrate...
New Thinking New Possiblities.
Proud owner of the legendary iPhone 3G.
And Proud Owner of the best budget phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 and iPad 3