Author Topic: What about a Notification Center?  (Read 599 times)

Offline Haksbelik

• More of your everyday whited00r user...
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPod Touch 2G
  • My Computer: Windows
What about a Notification Center?
« on: July 08, 2016, 07:09:39 PM »
How About a Notification Center?

Apparently in the "WD8 Requests" area, I saw nothing about the notification center on iOS 7 (and 8, 9 and 10).

I was thinking about things I had seen on iOS 7 via my bro's iphone 4, and I saw he had a notification center and such. I see you guys have already apparently gotten push notifications down, and you obviously can fabricate a menu that will appear from sliding on a particular part of the screen (Control Center).

I looked at some pics of the notification center on iOS 7, and it appears it's blocks of recent app messages and stuff, and the background is whatever color, with the same blurred homescreen effect ya'll perfected so well with the CC. Basically:

You can combine these features:

1. Push Notifications
2. Control Center Swipe Menu
3. Blur Effect (Also from Control Center)

And all you would have to do is make another swipe menu like CC that swipes from the top instead of the bottom, displays recent notifications, and has the same blurry effect that CC does. Not tooo hard I hope?

Let me know how it works out.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 07:15:06 PM by Haksbelik »
Peace.  Haksbelik :D

Offline dellieuxr

• View Profile
    • My Twitter
Re: What about a Notification Center?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 11:13:01 PM »
I think this has already been answered : creating a notification center for iOS 3.1.3 would be useless (since you can't receive notifications anymore) and REALLY hard to develop. The devs prefers to focus on useful functions or on improving Grayd00r (the custom firmware for the iPod Touch 3G, the iPad 1 and the Apple TV 2G on iOS 5).
Typhlosion <3

Offline Haksbelik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 06:28:31 PM »
I think this has already been answered : creating a notification center for iOS 3.1.3 would be useless (since you can't receive notifications anymore) and REALLY hard to develop. The devs prefers to focus on useful functions or on improving Grayd00r (the custom firmware for the iPod Touch 3G, the iPad 1 and the Apple TV 2G on iOS 5).

Ah. I see. I was not aware that notifications were not working. Soo... Why does the whited00r website still have a good looking picture of push notifications working properly? I went ahead and saved the webpage then modified it as a local HTML document, so if anybody with AHTHORITAY wants to log onto the ftp and update it. Feel free to do so with the attached file. But, apparently WD Forum doesn't allow an html file as an attachment, so I saved it as text (that's not cheating TOO bad is it?). Just save it as an html file. Btw. This is html file is the "Features" area on the website.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 06:36:17 PM by Haksbelik »

Offline dellieuxr

• View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 08:39:24 AM »
The main page hasn't been updated since Whited00r 7 (not 7.1), that's why they show a cool iOS 7 style notification.
When iOS 7 first came out, push notifications used to work... :(
Typhlosion <3

Offline Haksbelik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 01:46:46 PM »
That's too bad, they looked really nice. Who updates the whited00r website anyway? The devs maybe? Or someone else?

Offline Chris M.

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 03:29:54 PM »
That's too bad, they looked really nice. Who updates the whited00r website anyway? The devs maybe? Or someone else?
i think the whited00r founder @mattewre his twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/mattewre cause bruan contacted him when there was the site problem recently

Offline Chris M.

• Whited00r iPod iPhone User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 03:41:19 PM »
But i don't think it's necessary to update the website everytime a whited00r update comes out. Cause whited00r 7.1  is the same whited00r 7 but with some improvements that's why it's called "7.1". We all know that Apple has iOS 6, 7, 8, 9, 10... but iOS 7 for example has almost 10 betas on the Apple's firmware update which most of people won't know, and they didn't modified their website everytime they posted a new beta of iOS. And the push notifications is not an Whited00r issue, that's Apple's job
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:44:09 PM by Chris M. »

Offline HFTaylor12

• Whited00r iPhone 2G User
    • View Profile
  • Device: iPhone 2G
  • My Computer: Mac
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2016, 08:07:38 PM »
Notifications work for me, at least ones from Messages.